What's new

Friends .Who is the Kalash people?

Thats funny. Chitral was part of Afghanistan and ended up in Pakistan due to durand line treaty of 1893. As you can see they are related to nooristan people, so they are more of faces of Afghanistan than pakistan whose most of the population is characteristically brown and desi looking.

I was referring to L-M20 and H1 haplogroups among Kalash. Both of them are South Asian in origin thus makes Kalash a genetically similar to South Asians.

If i want to visit any country i don't want to see new buildings or clubs or bullshit like that. I am more interested in natural beauty and the culture of the local people.
Oh and i would love to visit Sri Lanka one day. Beautiful country. :smitten:
Exactly, why spend so much money just to see another concrete forest? You can see the same in your own country.

Thanks, you're welcome to visit any time.

Actually most tourism is motivated by human creations like cities, buildings, markets, shopping, beaches, culture etc.. Nature is not a powerful motivator by itself for most tourists. Look at Malaysia and Singapore - they have no natural beauty but interesting and vibrant cities.

You mean Rio vs Amazon. :D

Istanbul is a well developed city with tremendous historical significance and culture - all of which are human creations.Also its proximity to European countries helps it. No one goes to Turkey to see nature.
All people who have been to Turkey I know went to enjoy beach in sunlight as you don't get much sunlight in Britain.

You mean Rio vs Amazon. :D

Most people are more interested in visiting Ipanema (a beach in Rio) than the Amazon forests because of the hot girls, the surroundings and the nightlife and so on.

Most people are more interested in visiting Ipanema (a beach in Rio) than the Amazon forests because of the hot girls, the surroundings and the nightlife and so on.

You have to accept not all natural beauty are boring, sunny beaches still attracts too many people.

Amazon is a scary forest and stupid Hollywood movies made it worse :P

But I love to visit Amazon and see a wild Anaconda at least once in my life.

You have to accept not all natural beauty are boring, sunny beaches still attracts too many people.

No one will visit an empty beach or one that has girls wearing burqas.

Thats funny. Chitral was part of Afghanistan and ended up in Pakistan due to durand line treaty of 1893. As you can see they are related to nooristan people, so they are more of faces of Afghanistan than pakistan whose most of the population is characteristically brown and desi looking.

Kalash are Dardic group and majority of Dardic people are in Kashmir, other people with similar look converted to Islam so are not as well known. Nuristan is small province bordering Chitral. Afghan themselves are mulato hybrid brown/mongloid race with ASI genes in them when it comes Afghan pathans and Mongloid genes in Tajiks, Uzbeks etc

Here is Afghan people Admixture

Afghan Dataset | Harappa Ancestry Project

And here is Pakistani pashtun admixture

Pathan/Pashtun Admixture Results | Harappa Ancestry Project

The main difference is Pakistani pashtuns don't have mongloid genes and instead have higher ASI to compensate. While Afghan pashtuns have been mixing with tajiks, uzbeks and now also got some mongloid genes which were left by Mongols.

By the way ASI mean south indian in the site.

Last edited:
I found this interesting.

BBC News - The Japanese tourist who joined Pakistani mountain tribe

Pakistan has incredible potential for tourism but it's being destroyed by useless extremism.

North and its adjacent area in Pakistan are really the heaven on the earth,carrying huge potential of tourism .But this stupid terrorists destroy all chances.If they can develop a good tourism condition there.That will give more than enough money for
the protection of these people.

Proto-Indo-Iranian tribes, i think the Kalash tribe has preserved some features of the Proto-Indo-Iranians.

what is these "Proto-Indo-Iranians"?
please explain

Kalash are Dardic group and majority of Dardic people are in Kashmir, other people with similar look converted to Islam so are not as well known. Nuristan is small province bordering Chitral. Afghan themselves are mulato hybrid brown/mongloid race with ASI genes in them when it comes Afghan pathans and Mongloid genes in Tajiks, Uzbeks etc

Here is Afghan people Admixture

Afghan Dataset | Harappa Ancestry Project

And here is Pakistani pashtun admixture

Pathan/Pashtun Admixture Results | Harappa Ancestry Project

The main difference is Pakistani pashtuns don't have mongloid genes and instead have higher ASI to compensate. While Afghan pashtuns have been mixing with tajiks, uzbeks and now also got some mongloid genes which were left by Mongols.

By the way ASI mean south indian in the site.

Dardic people in Kashmir are now under the ST reservation category of Indian government .So they get huge reservation in all government systems in India.
I hope Pak govt also ensures reservation like that for these Kalash people.

Last edited:
Dardic people in Kashmir are now under the ST reservation category of Indian government .So they get huge reservation in all government systems in India.
I hope Pak govt also ensures reservation like that for these Kalash people.

Here is video of people from Hunza Valley, these are muslims like vast majority of Pakistani Dardic population. Not as well known as Kalash. These people also have perserved little better their original genetic traits by being isolated and living in mountains, though they still have 20% ASI genes.

Burusho Kalash HarappaWorld Admixture | Harappa Ancestry Project

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom