What's new

Friends .Who is the Kalash people?

This girl is Kalash yeah?

girl-from-kalash-pakistan-with-facial-tattoos.jpg

I found this interesting.

BBC News - The Japanese tourist who joined Pakistani mountain tribe

Pakistan has incredible potential for tourism but it's being destroyed by useless extremism.

Actually most tourism is motivated by human creations like cities, buildings, markets, shopping, beaches, culture etc.. Nature is not a powerful motivator by itself for most tourists. Look at Malaysia and Singapore - they have no natural beauty but interesting and vibrant cities.

The Kalash are similar to the Nuristani people of Afghanistan. They are not decedents of any Alexander's soldiers. This propaganda has been propagated by Macedonian and Greek historians who are both wrong.

Their culture, language and religion shows signs of old Indo-European Pagan beliefs. These people gives us the clue as to how ancient Indo-European people lived and what religions they practiced.

Timur tried to convert these people to Islam during his raids but failed many times. Nuristanis were eventually forcibly converted to Islam by an Afghan king. Even Babur didn't interfere with them. Their numbers dropped dramatically in Pakistan as many younger ones chose to migrate to larger cities for jobs and eventually lost their culture.
Babur didnt interfere with them? He killed their entire population in bajaur (greater kafiristan once consisted of bajaur, kunar, nooristan and chitral)...his ancestor taimur attacked kafiristan and killed many of them just because they were non-muslims.

I found this interesting.

BBC News - The Japanese tourist who joined Pakistani mountain tribe

Pakistan has incredible potential for tourism but it's being destroyed by useless extremism.

When Pakistan was stable there was a lot of tourists from Japan. Japanese are very respectful and friendly people. And yes Pakistan is beautiful. We have deserts, great river Indus, snow capped mountains, hard rocky mountains of tribal areas, deserts of Sindh and Baluchistan and fertile land of Punjab. Lot of potential in tourism but who wants to come to Pakistani now?

Babur didnt interfere with them? He killed their entire population in bajaur (greater kafiristan once consisted of bajaur, kunar, nooristan and chitral)...his ancestor taimur attacked kafiristan and killed many of them just because they were non-muslims.

Were you incarnated to lick Babur's balls?

genetically they are South Asians. ;) BTW In the past, I have seen certain thread where Pakistanis were posting pictures of Kalash people claiming as the photo of ordinary Pakistanis and begging Iranians to consider Pakistanis as a Caucasian race. :omghaha::omghaha:
Thats funny. Chitral was part of Afghanistan and ended up in Pakistan due to durand line treaty of 1893. As you can see they are related to nooristan people, so they are more of faces of Afghanistan than pakistan whose most of the population is characteristically brown and desi looking.

genetically they are South Asians. ;) BTW In the past, I have seen certain thread where Pakistanis were posting pictures of Kalash people claiming as the photo of ordinary Pakistanis and begging Iranians to consider Pakistanis as a Caucasian race. :omghaha::omghaha:
Thats funny. Chitral was part of Afghanistan and ended up in Pakistan due to durand line treaty of 1893. As you can see they are related to nooristan people, so they are more of faces of Afghanistan than pakistan whose most of the population is characteristically brown and desi looking.

Actually most tourism is motivated by human creations like cities, buildings, markets, shopping, beaches, culture etc.. Nature is not a powerful motivator by itself for most tourists. Look at Malaysia and Singapore - they have no natural beauty but interesting and vibrant cities.
Not true. Turkey gets about 30 million tourists per year and it is not much of a developed country. Tourism is kicking off in Sri Lanka with 2 million tourists coming per year as we just finished a brutal civil war and vast majority of tourists are interested in nature, culture and history.

Not true. Turkey gets about 30 million tourists per year and it is not much of a developed country. Tourism is kicking off in Sri Lanka with 2 million tourists coming per year as we just finished a brutal civil war and vast majority of tourists are interested in nature, culture and history.

If i want to visit any country i don't want to see new buildings or clubs or bullshit like that. I am more interested in natural beauty and the culture of the local people.
Oh and i would love to visit Sri Lanka one day. Beautiful country. :smitten:

Istanbul is a well developed city with tremendous historical significance and culture - all of which are human creations.Also its proximity to European countries helps it. No one goes to Turkey to see nature.

Back
Top Bottom