What's new

French Avionics for JF-17

@Death by Chocolate

Good suggestion, i will contact the ISPR to plz make all the information available on the internet for the sake of some member's enjoyment. Though it might not happen.

The French President was suppose to visit Pakistan towards the end of last year, then the Euro Tiger and Civil Nuclear Tech were very much in the head lines, I guess the shopping list has been extended to make it worthwhile for both sides.

What French avionics does is when the aircraft equipped with French avionics, if its Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) set detect a hostile radar, the avionics system will remove flight controls from the pilot and the radio will transmit a surrender signal on Guard freq.

What French avionics does is when the aircraft equipped with French avionics, if its Radar Warning Receiver (RWR) set detect a hostile radar, the avionics system will remove flight controls from the pilot and the radio will transmit a surrender signal on Guard freq.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good one.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl::tup:

I think someone here is jealous of French aircraft. :wave:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

well i am sorry & i am sure people on this forum don't like hearing this...but by the time i.e. 2013 when we start getting our AVIONICS plus Missiles upgrades the "enemy" would start possibly receiving its MMRCAs! now the question is we would still be a step behind the enemy! i know i know people here would go like INDIA is slow in its procurement program blah blah blah.... well guess what the have there phalcons & SU-30s and have a BVR capabilty since a decade ago i guess WE are so busy pointing fingers at others we didn't see that we are actually stepping into the 21st century a decade later!!

this "FRENCH PACKAGE" better have an AESA radar because once the JF goes up in the air it better be able to stand up the hornet,rafale or the Sukhois!! or we will be back to where we are today our Mirage IIIs vs the SU-30s!

p.s. whoever replies to my post first will get the most thanks from people on this forum i can gurantee this all you need to make sure is you put in words "i heard from a JF pilot"...& "JF is the best!" :p

Such costly avionics would defeat the purpose of an economic plane. Instead of spending so much on JF, this money should go to J10s. They too will be having Chinese avionics. If PAF has doubts about Chinese avionics, they should get french for their future lead AC.

Ice man just the post i wanted to see and read...

Not only do we need an AESA radar and better avionics package at least that can challenge those bvr capable m-2000/mig-29/lca/harriers. we are so worried about RCS of aircraft while the rest of the world are on shopping spree for SU-30/F-16/F-18..
I hope you guys don't take it negative but if we had to invest 550 Million dollars on JF-17 project we could have added 150 Million dollars more to come up with Medium weight F-16 like Fighter even if we had to copy 90% and a delay of further 2 years no problem we already lost to India!

Such costly avionics would defeat the purpose of an economic plane. Instead of spending so much on JF, this money should go to J10s. They too will be having Chinese avionics. If PAF has doubts about Chinese avionics, they should get french for their future lead AC.

Actually no, it will still be a very low cost fighter. If this aircraft is to be exported, you can bet there will be at least two versions. Such repeated news only tells you of what PAF thinks about Chinese avionics but going for French aircraft poses a greater deterrence for Pakistan in the region than currently any Chinese jet being flown they even pose a direct threat to Chinese jets in terms of capabilities.

Actually no, it will still be a very low cost fighter. If this aircraft is to be exported, you can bet there will be at least two versions. Such repeated news only tells you of what PAF thinks about Chinese avionics but going for French aircraft poses a greater deterrence for Pakistan in the region than currently any Chinese jet being flown they even pose a direct threat to Chinese jets in terms of capabilities.

The french avionics, are generally very very costly. You must have heard about Indian mirages. The cost will just double the per piece price. What I was trying to say is that instead of investing in JF17, invest in J10. They will be the frontline AC for PAF. Invest for western avionics in them. That is, unless, either PAF shows confidence in chinese avionics in J10, or they have funds to integrate western avionics in both J10 an Jf

The french avionics, are generally very very costly. You must have heard about Indian mirages. The cost will just double the per piece price. What I was trying to say is that instead of investing in JF17, invest in J10. They will be the frontline AC for PAF. Invest for western avionics in them. That is, unless, either PAF shows confidence in chinese avionics in J10, or they have funds to integrate western avionics in both J10 an Jf

J-10 will end up the same way. It will be integrated in the future with some other western component. 36 foreign bought J-10 vs. 200+ partly produced in Pakistan I think investing in JF-17 is warranted unless the second option is to completely disband it now that we have learned how to make combat jets in almost entirety. What is needed is for JF-17 to serve as a learning platform and it can be done with the help of France as this deal suggests. Upgrading 50 aircraft is the initial deal, yes I have heard of Indian jets costing a lot to upgrade but it was in a different time.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom