What's new

French Avionics for JF-17

Kharian Beast,

From my knowledge, it is electronics such as mission computer, radar and missiles-- the article clearly states that electronics from Thales and radar from MBDA.

No engine negotiations are currently one except for possible up-gradation of RD-93's thrust which is very much a possibility.
I don't think engine is as much of an issue as are the avionics. Western avionics are still far superior to Chinese and therefore should be acquired.

But I think by the time we start receiving western avionics, chinese would catch up in technological development on par to the western ones.

Not to mention Chinese are far more economical than western folks.

An aircraft having defeated F-16s in air to air combat during training missions, whose pilots have been transferred from the F-16s, pilots who are not willing to go back to the F-16s, deserves more then to be ranked then just a trainer.

Or should i be saying, ignorance is a .................................
Which bloc of F16 and with what weapons/avionics? Im so curious to know now :D

Not even the most biased Indian ridiculed the JF-17 to this level. JF-17 is at-least better than Q-5, MiG-21, F-6 and Mirage III/V it is replacing; If JF-17 is slightly above a trainer, than all these tried and tested platforms were even worse than a trainer.

Hey man come on, I wasn't comparing JF-17 to MiG 21 and F6 I was basically saying PAF is replacing junk with more junk. As of right now JF-17 is outdated even before it's initial induction we are going for outsourced upgrades as even the most dubious of supposed air professionals here contend that much work is needed to not only keep Thunder current with threats but in order to evolve it must rely on France. Wake up and stop dancing around on the forums bringing India into every topic while acting as a pseudo moral police. Thanks mate.

I don't think engine is as much of an issue as are the avionics. Western avionics are still far superior to Chinese and therefore should be acquired.

But I think by the time we start receiving western avionics, chinese would catch up in technological development on par to the western ones.
It is a guess at best. If the Chinese can rely on their own avionics to defend their country, so can we. The only way to prove that Chinese avionics are not a par would be to have one JF-17 equipped with Chinese avionics and the second one with that of Western avionics and put the two to test. Before something like this is done, the superior western avionics concept is only a speculation nothing more.

Lets say it was Blk-15, so what? Blk-15 is slightly above a trainer?

wooow, you guys are again into fight over its capabilities. Cant you leave it out at lest of this thread. Its a nice development and we should appreciate it, and leave the rusty criticism(the best we can do) for some other day. Thanks.

:pakistan:

adios

Not to mention Chinese are far more economical than western folks.

Read the post Sir

http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...ltirole-fighter-thread-3-a-59.html#post644270

Hey man come on, I wasn't comparing JF-17 to MiG 21 and F6 I was basically saying PAF is replacing junk with more junk. As of right now JF-17 is outdated even before it's initial induction we are going for outsourced upgrades as even the most dubious of supposed air professionals here contend that much work is needed to not only keep Thunder current with threats but in order to evolve it must rely on France. Wake up and stop dancing around on the forums bringing India into every topic while acting as a pseudo moral police. Thanks mate.

wow boht janta hai bhai,
so r u a chief designer of JF17 or u know more then those who made this machine and operating it.JUNK ? how can u say that...can u give more details...:what:

what to do with its smoke producing engine.any news for its upgrade.
87.jpg

I am not a JF-17 fan boy hence I will not defend the un-defendable. However, it has been mentioned over and over that while JF-17 may be comparable with the blk-15 F-16 in some aspects, it will not replace the F-16s in the air-superiority role. The JF-17s are going to replace the aging fleet of the A-5, F-7, F-7PG and the Mirage III/V and therefore will mainly be used in the role designated to the aircrafts it is replacing. For that role (interdictor and tactical strike), the JF-17 is definitely superior to the aircrafts it is replacing and not at all outdated, end of the story. For the air-superiority, PAF is looking to induct 36 J-10s initially and maybe more as the F-16 fleet will near to its retirement age. Possibly, the next block of the JF-17 is also considered for the air-superiority role to augment the J-10B, F-16 MLU, F-16 Blk 52 fleet but I am not sure at the moment.

Well Well Well what do we have.

Only Avionics for 15 mils.And we are getting the whole god damn m2k9 for just 20 mills with the same avionics that alone are for 15 mills .It seems Folks at PAF are master mathematicians.

Allah save our skies.

Only Avionics for 15 mils.And we are getting the whole god damn m2k9 for just 20 mills with the same avionics that alone are for 15 mills .It seems Folks at PAF are master mathematicians.

Allah save our skies.

Yaar, read it again, the package has missiles too, would be hundreds of them, BVR and WVR both. MBDA is included in the deal too.

And I am looking at an AESA radar as such a high cost package would be including a latest radar and we do have heard about JF-17s getting AESA radars in future. The companies involved do have AESA technology and radars.

Only Avionics for 15 mils.And we are getting the whole god damn m2k9 for 20 mills.It seems Folks at PAF are master mathematicians.

Allah save our skies.

Pak yes,

I was expecting a similar post from you:hitwall:

Now where it has been mentioned that avionics will cost 15 millions??? Give a read once more to the first post and then tell if we have missed it out some where.

secondly i would like you to give source for M2k9 for 20 millions???

Lastly can you give a confirm date when those M2k9s are gonna arrive???

you have answers, but emotional attachments:disagree:

adios

Following a call for tenders, Pakistan has retained the French ATE integrator for a contract valued at more than 1 billion euros to help equip and electronics missiles between 50 and 100 fighter aircraft JF-17, designed with the help of Beijing, Les Echos reported on Friday quoting sources concurrent.

Pak yes,

I was expecting a similar post from you:hitwall:

Now where it has been mentioned that avionics will cost 15 millions??? Give a read once more to the first post and then tell if we have missed it out some where.

secondly i would like you to give source for M2k9 for 20 millions???

Lastly can you give a confirm date when those M2k9s are gonna arrive???

you have answers, but emotional attachments:disagree:

adios

1 Billion euro = roughly 1.4 billion dollars
1.4 billion dollars for 100 planes means 14 million a piece..

For the time being talking about cost per aircraft would not be feasible as the contract is not clear, nor the number of aircrafts involved.

But lets suppose hypothetically, if its a Euro 1Billion deal for 100 aircraft for avionics and missiles, it becomes 10M Euro per aircraft and as per nowadays Euro Vs Dollar exchange rate, 10M Euro becomes approx 14M US$.

So it would be costing approx at current 14M US$ of avionics and missiles per aircraft.

And do take into consideration that the number of missiles BVR & WVR would be more then double the number of aircraft.

Similarly, may be there would be extra spare radars and spare parts involved and MAY BE some local level over hauling deal too.

So till the deal isn't clear we all can do best is speculate to the best of our capability.

:)

For the time being talking about cost per aircraft would not be feasible as the contract is not clear, nor the number of aircrafts involved.

But lets suppose hypothetically, if its a Euro 1Billion deal for 100 aircraft for avionics and missiles, it becomes 10M Euro per aircraft and as per nowadays Euro Vs Dollar exchange rate, 10M Euro becomes approx 14M US$.

So it would be costing approx at current 14M US$ of avionics and missiles per aircraft.

And do take into consideration that the number of missiles BVR & WVR would be more then double the number of aircraft.

Similarly, may be there would be extra spare radars and spare parts involved and MAY BE some local level over hauling deal too.

So till the deal isn't clear we all can do best is speculate to the best of our capability.

:)

And how about some level of Tech transfer, OR, complete production of some equipment in Pakistan, as was the case with Griffo, there is a lot to this agreement involving massive Investment. And for know as you said yourself, anything said in this regard will be no more then mere speculations, until the real details about the deal comes out.

adios

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom