What's new

French Avionics for JF-17

Nope. SD-10 is only for first 50 batch of JF-17s which are entirely chinese system. next 100 JF-17 will be with French which includes both MICA IR and RF. Next 100 JF-17 variant which will add the total fleet of 250 is not clear what it is going to be. Most probably AESA, stealthy not "STEALTH" and advance avionics to make it par with any 4.5 generation aircrafts.

Thanks! Is there a possible date when the second batch/block 2? with French parts will enter service and the third with AESA?

Ok So MICA is going to be put on JF-17.

This million Dollar missile could have been put to better use on J-10A.

But then i guess PAF does need something to build numbers.

Not just Mica, but a lot of good stuff which is being used on french fighters. On another thread, Asif Amin has confirmed what i stated few days ago that PAF want a high quality package comprising a combo of m2k9 and ralfale. This was not an exaggeration as i knew what i was talking about. The special emphasis was put on radar and EW equipment and DFRM (pajfa pods being used on mirage and rafale). The price also suggest that this time around, they want the best french have on offer and they are not hesitant to sell as of today. We are hearing that there might be a two tier strategy by PAF regarding the jf-17 (two blocks, one chinese weapon and avionics, other being french ones). Initially they were interested in ICMS 2 but now focus is shifted towards SPECTRA system. Some might find it hard to believe, but there is an interest in Radar Cancellation Technology as well. The high price of entire package is a clear evidence towards the quality of equipment.

1 Billion EUR is a lot of money.....what would be possible reaction comming out of PN and PA?

1 Billion EUR is a lot of money.....what would be possible reaction comming out of PN and PA?

hey we want that money too??
Come on guys. IF you guys really want JF-17 to have a parity with modern 4th generation fighters then this french deal is very important and they are not just going to toss junk at us for that much money. Lets hope PN can strike a squadron of rafale deal with frenchies.

Come on guys. IF you guys really want JF-17 to have a parity with modern 4th generation fighters then this french deal is very important and they are not just going to toss junk at us for that much money. Lets hope PN can strike a squadron of rafale deal with frenchies.

why do you always bring rafale in the discussion:pop:

French materiel is good, but seems to expensive. Remember the Indian mirages. French quoted 1 billion euro for mlu of 51 mirages, while Israelis offered same for 40% less.
I am sure what is being offered will surely harden and sharpen the claws of thunder, but what is the probability that it would be top of shelf items like AESA as some members clammed?

Totally agree for JF 17 parity money is important pakistan only have french to look for in the west for jf 17 we should go for french but buying 80 million dollar plane with out any tot will not be suitable money is the main problem if by any chance we have money i think instead of spending 1 billion dollar on 12 rafale pakistan should go for fc 20 that will gave us 24 planes instead of 12 along with maintenance and after sale services two navel bases can be maintain one in karachi other in gawader?

As per the current plan, 50-100 will be upgraded by french goodies, not all of them. The whole package will come with ToT basis so we can upgrade as many as we want, similar to what happened in ROSE upgrades. Yes, they are expensive but they are no way near as unreliable as the Yanks, Swedish, British or even Germans. Remember they helped us when everyone except China refused to do so. The only thing that matters to them is money. You pay them, they will give you without any hassles.

rafale is born to be a dead. it's no foreign sales anyone. but french has put a lot of mony for this job. they developed many advanced technologys and integrated electronic systems. and yes. french solutions very expensive. (even taiwan was tired of for mirage 2000-5. because not only the cost of ownership, maintenance costs were too high.)

Let's look at history. mirage 3 and 5 series fighter planes to catch a big sales success. French names to be added to these jets in the market place. With this name, who want to buy combat aircraft from an independent source, they must be interested in mirage 2000. time is changed, technology is changed, specially needs have changed. and rafale project starts on the wrong plan. yes, this aircraft is filtered such as pheasant. but who benefits there? french aviation sector in a crisis. sooner or later they will notice the facts. they don't need rafale for to continue their good name in this time. They need their modern heirs to mirage 3 and 5 family. (cheaper than other planes, acceptable maintenance costs, compatible for modern warfare needs.)

time is now, project was right. dear pakistani friends if you choose the french partnership for jf-17, your aviation industry will certainly grow. until the french notice the facts and actuality, you have a good, acceptable and capable fighter with french sub systems and armaments. Pakistan has a low production costs and this totally fits with the actual tendencies of our age.

you're muslim country. world politic is changed. i think... pakistan, china and frech partnership for this plane, many country interest it. and the pakistan must be center of this cooperation. best regards...

Not just Mica, but a lot of good stuff which is being used on french fighters. On another thread, Asif Amin has confirmed what i stated few days ago that PAF want a high quality package comprising a combo of m2k9 and ralfale. This was not an exaggeration as i knew what i was talking about. The special emphasis was put on radar and EW equipment and DFRM (pajfa pods being used on mirage and rafale). The price also suggest that this time around, they want the best french have on offer and they are not hesitant to sell as of today. We are hearing that there might be a two tier strategy by PAF regarding the jf-17 (two blocks, one chinese weapon and avionics, other being french ones). Initially they were interested in ICMS 2 but now focus is shifted towards SPECTRA system. Some might find it hard to believe, but there is an interest in Radar Cancellation Technology as well. The high price of entire package is a clear evidence towards the quality of equipment.

:woot:

now i am really finding it hard to Believe, Spectra on JF-17 :cheers:

:woot:

now i am really finding it hard to Believe, Spectra on JF-17 :cheers:

Two things to consider which might make it a reality. The thunder is due to undergo major changes and a stealthier version has been demonstrated , supported by Pshamim of PAkdef. Depending on finances, we may go our own way with a few changes in design.
Te contract points to a number oof items that PAF has shown interest in. NO plane is mentioned, so we may be buying for FC20s rather than thunder.

As i see it, the type-90/ AlKhalid route seems very likely in jf-17's case. Chinese frame coupled with western/indigenous avionics, radar,EW and weapons

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom