What's new

French Avionics for JF-17

If what you say is true, is it safe to assume Rafale is out of the Indian MRCA contest? :what:

Rafale may already be out or its chances less due to the American factor and Russians too.

I doubt IAF will go another way other then American or Russian.

Typhoon is also has good probability.

And the guy said, it will not be full fledged SPECTRA suite, rather a downgraded version, meaning the Rafale would still be having superiority.

Rafale may already be out or its chances less due to the American factor and Russians too.

And the guy said, it will not be full fledged SPECTRA suite, rather a downgraded version, meaning the Rafale would still be having superiority.

Rafale will still have a chance due to a few reasons:

1) India has a good record of dealing with the French before (Mirages, Scorpene). So they will have some influence and goodwill as previous suppliers.

2) India loves the Mirage 2000s as they have proven to be very capable and reliable. They performed much better in Kargil than the MiGs. So Rafale, as the replacement for Mirages, will have the Mirage's goodwill attached to it. And there will be less logistical and infrastructure problems of inducting Rafale due to Mirage being there before.

3) Dassault had agreed to putting Kaveri Engines on Rafale. This would reduce costs for India in long run, since Kaveri Engines will be Manufactured for LCA.

What the French should do is market the Rafale more actively, and show its claimed capabilities. I think so far, the French have been the worst in marketing when it came to MRCA

its simple.......they need M O N E Y.......i guess you aren't getting into the french economy these days
First of all, the RBE 2 PESA radar for JF 17 would also mean money right? Besides that, if only money would be the aim, they would offer Spectra to LCA, because every commonality between LCA and Rafale, means more chance to win MMRCA competition and that is clearly the biggest deal to make money from at the moment.
If you want a RELIABLE source on this development, you will have to wait for a LONG time brother.
Ok, then any source that says more about which techs and which weapons will be available.

Off topic, but in short this is highly doubtfull!

Rafale offers most advantages in ToT, customization, reliability, independance, high tech weapons and techs, carrier capability, is ready developed, equaly good in all roles and would perfectly suit to MKI and Pak Fa.
The only downside are the high unit, weapons and upgrade costs.

The race will be between Rafale, F18SH and Gripen NG just like in Brazil!
What the French should do is market the Rafale more actively, and show its claimed capabilities. I think so far, the French have been the worst in marketing when it came to MRCA
Maybe to the media and us normal people, by not making a shiny PR presentation on AI 09, but unlike the Mig, EF and Gripen NG, it already showed all capabilities to IAF and MoD during the trials!

Poor PAF. Went to the Chinese to learn about self sufficiency, instead were taught a valuable lesson in hollow promises and being dependent on the Chinese. Still denying this. Now running around to other countries to salvage JF-17 and keep it competitive against evolving threats. What a sad waste of money. This is turning out to be a patch-work quilt or some sort of aviation Jambalaya.

PAF did it guys. We learned how to build a sanction prone fighter. A remarkable feat in itself not seen anywhere else in the world.

Poor PAF. Went to the Chinese to learn about self sufficiency, instead were taught a valuable lesson in hollow promises and being dependent on the Chinese. Still denying this. Now running around to other countries to salvage JF-17 and keep it competitive against evolving threats. What a sad waste of money. This is turning out to be a patch-work quilt or some sort of aviation Jambalaya.

Poor You, :cheesy:

:lol::lol:

1) India has a good record of dealing with the French before (Mirages, Scorpene). So they will have some influence and goodwill as previous suppliers.

2) India loves the Mirage 2000s as they have proven to be very capable and reliable. They performed much better in Kargil than the MiGs. So Rafale, as the replacement for Mirages, will have the Mirage's goodwill attached to it. And there will be less logistical and infrastructure problems of inducting Rafale due to Mirage being there before.

3) Dassault had agreed to putting Kaveri Engines on Rafale. This would reduce costs for India in long run, since Kaveri Engines will be Manufactured for LCA.

ok this might hurt! but i will tell you something...it will go to the bidder that offers the highest KICK BACK!! sorry but this is how military deals are done!

In the Indian MMRCA competition, Rafale is at the bottom on the line which is lead by Typhoon and Mig-35. It will take them some doing to piss the Russians off especially when they have the first PAK-FA gone out to trials. I dont see Rafale in India. Just my opinion though.

If what you say is true, is it safe to assume Rafale is out of the Indian MRCA contest? :what:

In January 2010, India's ambassador to Italy, Arif Shahid Khan, said that the Eurofighter was "leading the race" to win the MRCA competition.

Last edited:

there i got it ,that was the statement i was talking about earlier,

In January 2010, India's ambassador to Italy, Arif Shahid Khan, said that the Eurofighter was "leading the race" to win the MRCA :what:

the most intresting thing is that Isreal had offered their Elta radars for jf-17 lol:woot:

Poor you man.
for a country like pakistan heck even india their is no such defence product as "indigenous" or self reliance yet. Indian defence products are more sanction prone then pakistan because their are 4-5 multi national firms collaborating in their many projects. however their political ties are much stronger with west.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom