What's new

France & Pakistan to revive JF-17 Avionics/EW/Missiles deal as Indian MMRCA stalls.

Not happening, the industry sources may not be wrong but the French are lying through their teeth to pressure India to sign the deal. Regardless, the PAF is happy with the current Radar and Avionics fit so essentially its just a gambit for India to be gullible and chew upon rather than anything to do with the JF-17s local prospects.
The idea may have been floated for Egypt and its interest in the Aircraft, nothing to do with Pakistan.. but that does mean France cant have next door going like a pouty girl.

Talk about shooting oneself in the foot. If this news has even a pinch of truth in it, and if the French are negotiating to sell even Mirage-2000-5 class avionics and weapons, they can bid MMRCA goodbye.

What about India and its Chaska tactics! Why would a country lose business on empty promises?

No need for funny language. Other than the MMRCA India still has major dealings with France. India is the world's largest arms importer and will any day offer better business than Pakistan.

French are just one supplier of defence systems.We have Russia,Israel,US in there.Make in India will thrive even if there is no France.
And also we dont know whether this 'highly placed sources' is right or wrong.
If this kind of attitude continues thunder is getting that package for sure.

This news is believable but it has more to do with India then Pakistan. The French will not sell Pakistan anything unless the deal with India is 100 percent dead.

Highly placed industrial sources have indicated to me that the deal for advanced Avionics, Radar, EW suite, HMD/S and MICA Missiles for PAF's JF-17 Thunder jets is back on the table. The deal was postponed after India removed Rafale from its MMRCA. Now that the Rafale deal with India is stalling, the French are willing to sell the whole package PAF wants for its Thunder fleet.

@Windjammer :enjoy:

France can not because we can black list them from Project 75 I Submarine deal. deal.

Horus, do you think it will be a wise move to go ahead with this proposal? What if they are using it as a pressure tactic?

Maybe it wouldn't be wise to engage critically. Pakistani authorities are well aware of the fact that Rafale is being negotiated with India & it's no brainer that the French would backtrack again if they succeed cinching a deal with India. International relations demand more than what you and I think, despite knowing that it's a pressure tactic aimed at India we can't turn down any of such offers.

What's the standard for Kommisssion these days? COAS, Air force etc?

This deal alone won't make them rich right? They need to acquire more aircraft's for a solid kickback...I suppose!

That is off topic, but to say the least.. when in conversation with a gentleman to get advice on business opportunities in Mil Proc; a person whose face is synonymous with our Strategic Division and is one of the two men heading the explosion.. I was surprised to have the Airforce ranked higher than the Army in terms of Commissions and Kickbacks.

This news is believable but it has more to do with India then Pakistan. The French will not sell Pakistan anything unless the deal with India is 100 percent dead.
Even if this deal was dead the sum total of all other potential deals between India and France is FAR greater than what Pakistan would ever be able to offer for the JF-17 sub-systems so i can say with full confidence @Horus's "sources" are blatantly lying.

If this is a pressure tactics and even ifthey are successful in this to grab MMRCA for their own favour .This would be the last deal with France.
France will face obstacles in their future business with India.

They already ARE facing troubles, hence these tactics. Go for the Rafale, it is an excellent aircraft. Don't know why the delays are taking place.

That is off topic, but to say the least.. when in conversation with a gentleman to get advice on business opportunities in Mil Proc; a person whose face is synonymous with our Strategic Division and is one of the two men heading the explosion.. I was surprised to have the Airforce ranked higher than the Army in terms of Commissions and Kickbacks.

Maybe because the per unit cost is higher in the AF than Army? Like Army's most expensive gadget would be a MBT/Artillery/Transport Chopper or Air Defence battery. For an airforce, something like a good 4th Gen fighter is going to come at 60-100 million USD a pop. Same with the associated weapons.

Then don't make statements you aren't willing to defend or back up.

No one has to prove shit to you. Believe it or just piss off.

PS. Always remember your place on this Pakistani forum. You're just a guest.

Back
Top Bottom