What's new

Former commander of IRGC : KSA behavior is like Iraq behavior before attacking Iran

:D:D:D There won't be a war, at least not with Saudis. Iran has a far more horrifying weapon than nukes for them.

Gulf States Face 'Humanitarian Disaster' in US-Iran War

A major piece in Friday’s Washington Post presented the picture of a newly vulnerable U.S. Fifth Fleet as Iranian warships bulk up their capability in the Persian Gulf.

But while a potential U.S.-Iranian naval clash--and the likely damage to Saudi oil facilities--preoccupies Americans, little is said about the region’s other great vulnerability: its dependence on largely undefended desalinization plants for fresh water.

And that makes the Gulf states doubly wary of a war with Iran, an expert on the region says, even as they goad Washington to be tougher with Tehran.

“If desalinization plants go down, there will be a major humanitarian disaster,” an official intimately familiar with Gulf state defenses told SpyTalk on Friday, on condition of anonymity.

"I would say that if Iranian missiles hit the desalinization plant at the Saudi side of the Bahrain Causeway, Riyadh would have to be completely evacuated in under 14 days," added Gwenyth Tddd, a former Fifth Fleet political advisor and White House national security official. "The Saudis have a huge aquifer, but they have severely depleted it over the past three decades because of their dream to export home grown wheat, etc.--an insane policy."

"Dubai cannot function without desal," Todd added by e-mail. "All those hotels, water features, ski slopes-just imagine.

"And Bahrain, which means 'Two Seas' in Arabic, has also screwed itself on the fresh water front. Bahrain's geology involves a limestone barrier that allowed the center of the island to create a wonderful fresh water aquifer, surrounded by the Gulf, hence the Two Seas. But then came the Khalifas" -- Bahrain's royal family--"and the dream of a super-luxury skyline."

They've toyed with Bahrain's geological foundation, Todd said, creating new, grave vulnerabilities.

"Four decades ago, there were fresh water lakes and swimming holes all around. But in building all these big towers, they punched holes in the limestone barrier, not only causing the loss of a lot of fresh water, but also letting in the salt water, creating a problem with brackish water. Farmers are screwed and the various 'Ayns' are mostly dry. Meanwhile, the Khalifas have been madly filling in the Gulf to expand their land mass area, so the traditional fishermen are also screwed."

Iran is not so vulnerable--at least on that front.

“Iran does not have that problem; it has rivers and lakes, but a considerable part of the population on this side of the Gulf exists on desalinated water,” said the official, who is not authorized to speak to the media.

“Concern about infrastructure will make states on this side of the Gulf most reluctant allies in a war with Iran. A lot of people don't want to believe this, but it is true.”

To be sure, “Striking the desalination plants would represent a major escalation of any conflict,” which would give Iran pause, because “retaliation in that scenario would probably be impressive,” the official said.

“Still, it is a vulnerability of the Gulf states, and would make them less likely at least in first instance to involve themselves in conflict between U.S. and Iran.”

The dependence on desalinization plants is their “Achilles heel,” according to Agence France-Presse.

“A desalination plant is a large factory sitting on the coast, something that you could easily blow up with a bomb or a missile. You could bring the country to its knees,” Hady Amr of the Brookings Doha Center told AFP.

According to a 2010 analysis by Daene C. McKinney, a University of Texas engineering professor, millions of people in the Gulf states live in “one of the most water-stressed regions of the world,” leaving them entirely dependent on desalinization plants.

“[T]he region is already exploiting all its annual surface water resources, while its aquifers are becoming depleted in some countries....This region is arid and its countries are already passing the scarcity line that defined by WHO,” the World Health Organization, McKinney wrote.
“Bahrain,” home to the Fifth Fleet, “does have some underground water,” the official said. But “the population of Gulf States far exceeds ability to sustain without use of desalinization plants. Aquifers that do exist are being over exploited and gradually polluted."

http://spytalkblog.blogspot.de/2012/07/gulf-states-face-humanitarian-disaster.html

If Muslims were not dividing themselves, Iran's National Security Situation would be better.

It's more fashionable for them to criticise the West, since most of them are used to it. Lol Criticising Russia is not really common for them and will make you look out of place. So I can understand their point. :D

@mike2000 is back Blaming is what losers do! Although fact is fact! It's true that Russia has been involved in ME-conflicts but it is still a fraction of the havoc caused by the brits and the americans. Are you seriously in denial when it comes to this? Do you really want to sit here and say that you did not destroy numerous societies such as the Indian one just to make sure your east indian company makes enormous profits? Or that the US is the biggest profiteer when it comes to arms sales in the largest weapons market in the world? Trump visits SA and signs weapon deals for over 300 B$ and at the same time they invent a new boogie man -> Qatar. Two weeks later Qatar orders F-15s. 0,5 billion a pop. WTF dude? They don't even try to hide it anymore so what are we even discussing here?

Iran is the only country in the ME where non of its policies are dictated by foreign powers. Irans ambitions are clear. It has invested heavily on industrialisation, education, infrastructure, security and healthcare. Iran also happens to sit on a great deal of natural resources. The best routes for export is through iraq and syria to the west and pakistan and afghanistan to the east. The havoc created on these countries are partly to ensure that Iran does have cost effective export routes. This is the only logical reason of the current situation. Another reason is "freedom wars". You are welcome to believe whatever you want.

operation-iraqi-freedom-emblem.jpg

Last edited:
@mike2000 is back Blaming is what losers do! Although fact is fact! It's true that Russia has been involved in ME-conflicts but it is still a fraction of the havoc caused by the brits and the americans. Are you seriously in denial when it comes to this? Do you really want to sit here and say that you did not destroy numerous societies such as the Indian one just to make sure your east indian company makes enormous profits? Or that the US is the biggest profiteer when it comes to arms sales in the largest weapons market in the world? Trump visits SA and signs weapon deals for over 300 B$ and at the same time they invent a new boogie man -> Qatar. Two weeks later Qatar orders F-15s. 0,5 billion a pop. WTF dude? They don't even try to hide it anymore so what are we even discussing here?

Iran is the only country in the ME where non of its policies are dictated by foreign powers. Irans ambitions are clear. It has invested heavily on industrialisation, education, infrastructure, security and healthcare. Iran also happens to sit on a great deal of natural resources. The best routes for export is through iraq and syria to the east and pakistan and afghanistan to the west. The havoc created on these countries are partly to ensure that Iran does have cost effective export routes. This is the only logical reason of the current situation. Another reason is "freedom wars". You are welcome to believe whatever you want.

operation-iraqi-freedom-emblem.jpg

You vastly overestimate how much people consider the effect on Iran when they make decisions.
There are plenty of other more logical explanations why there is a conflict in Syria.

You vastly overestimate how much people consider the effect on Iran when they make decisions.
There are plenty of other more logical explanations why there is a conflict in Syria.

From what I have gathered:
Assad had agreed to gas and oil pipelines from Iran to run through his country. Qatar on the other hand was turned down from Assad. Another player in the region which was not pleased was Turkey who hoped to become a gas export hub/route to europe from Iran, Central Asia and Russia. Also the possible wealth generated for Iran, Syria and Lebanon was not something that either Israel or SA were too happy about. Now you do the math. If you have another deduction then please share it with us.

From what I have gathered:
Assad had agreed to gas and oil pipelines from Iran to run through his country. Qatar on the other hand was turned down from Assad. Another player in the region which was not pleased was Turkey who hoped to become a gas export hub/route to europe from Iran, Central Asia and Russia. Also the possible wealth generated for Iran, Syria and Lebanon was not something that either Israel or SA were too happy about. Now you do the math. If you have another deduction then please share it with us.

The West has only provided minimal support to Syrian Rebels fighting Assad.
Israel has hardly intervened in Syria either.
Turkey has made some minimal incursions, mainly to block the Kurds.
The inaction shows they do not care about the pipeline that much.

SA/Gulf States has spent a lot fighting Assad.

That just confirms my statement that Muslims divide themselves.

Last edited:
The West has only provided minimal support to Syrian Rebels fighting Assad.

Now when Russia, Qatar, Turkey and Iran are in agreement, suddenly 80% of the worlds gas or its route to destination will be controlled by these countries. Or do you think its a coincidence that all of a sudden US is directly involved in the conflict?

Israel has hardly intervened in Syria either.

Hardly interfering also means that they have hardly touched the ISIS bases at Israels border. Again, do you think it is coincidence that ISIS has a strong presence at the Israeli border?

Turkey has made some minimal incursions, mainly to block the Kurds.
The inaction shows they do not care about the pipeline that much.

Turkey has paid a great price actually. Initially siding with ISIS and letting them pass their country to and from Syria meant that they are today a constant target to ISIS who has a strong presence within Turkey. After their U-turn they have tried to create a buffert zone in north Syria and cleanse ISIS collaborators. The operation has led to almost 100 turkish servicemen killed in combat in just 6 months time while Iran has lost 500 servicemen in 7 years. I would not call this inaction.

That just confirms my statement that Muslims divide themselves.

Division is not something which is solely dependent on religion. The problem with ME countries is that most of them are not acting out of 100% self-interest, but rather the interest of foreign powers. That is why peace cannot be achieved because it is in direct conflict to the trillions of $ of arm which needs to be sold and cheap energy which needs to be bought.

Now when Russia, Qatar, Turkey and Iran are in agreement, suddenly 80% of the worlds gas or its route to destination will be controlled by these countries. Or do you think its a coincidence that all of a sudden US is directly involved in the conflict?

Hardly interfering also means that they have hardly touched the ISIS bases at Israels border. Again, do you think it is coincidence that ISIS has a strong presence at the Israeli border?

Turkey has paid a great price actually. Initially siding with ISIS and letting them pass their country to and from Syria meant that they are today a constant target to ISIS who has a strong presence within Turkey. After their U-turn they have tried to create a buffert zone in north Syria and cleanse ISIS collaborators. The operation has led to almost 100 turkish servicemen killed in combat in just 6 months time while Iran has lost 500 servicemen in 7 years. I would not call this inaction.

Division is not something which is solely dependent on religion. The problem with ME countries is that most of them are not acting out of 100% self-interest, but rather the interest of foreign powers. That is why peace cannot be achieved because it is in direct conflict to the trillions of $ of arm which needs to be sold and cheap energy which needs to be bought.

The only reason the US is attacking Assad is his interference with the war against ISIS.
Noone sane believes US attacks are more than a side show.

Israel has no interest in involving itself in the Syrian insurgency.
So far, Israel related questions are on the backburner.
Blocking Hezbollah weapons deliveries, and responding to firing across the border is enough.
The US showed clearly that Israel should not be involved in the war against Iraq,
to avoid complications with Arab allies, same here.

The Turks are interested in blocking the Kurds,
by driving away ISIS in the path of the Kurds offensive.

So which foreign country is Iran reporting to for its support for Assad, Hezbollah,
Hamas, Yemen?

IRGC commander is being apologetic of his recent failures in bringing harm to Mecca and the visitors within al-Herem.

I do expect Pakistani blacksheeps to believe him but not true Iranians.

Iran wants to attack Mecca woth the same conviction that it had when it attacked you. I'm sure.
Iranian claims are even less worthy, so now go hit Israel with your stealth missile, instead of wasting your time here.

If I say, IRGC is statement is word of god than probably I qualify for noble prize!
BTW, views of some doctor:
Targeting the holiest place is their agenda
http://www.arabnews.com/node/1120381

You're using Saudi media networks about Iran? Thanks for letting me know how dumb you are. Especially that Claim that a Islamic Republic wants to attack Holy Islamic site Imao..

You're using Saudi media networks about Iran? Thanks for letting me know how dumb you are. Especially that Claim that a Islamic Republic wants to attack Holy Islamic site Imao..

I bet you haven't read it... if you don't trust Saudi source than it doesn't prove rest of the world is dumb.
Care to share, which source is your trust worthy and why you care about this subject?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom