What's new

Foreign State Minister of Pakistan Hina Rabbani to join D-8 conference in Dhaka

Feudal lord Khar wanted to ride Indian tanks into Lahore.

Bilawal's disastrous interview with CNN somehow made managed to make Hina look like a top tier diplomat.

Foreign ministers needs to be appointed from carrier diplomat, not politicians. USA has that culture, as well as Indonesia.

Pakistan follow Britain politics culture. In Britain, even Finance Minister can come from politician, not an economist like happening in US and Indonesia.

I think parliamentary system also give too much important on politicians (parliament members), that is the nature of parliamentary system, in Malaysia that is also the case

This is great news. Very happy about this.

I hope Hasina or Alga do not cause any kind of diplomatic fracas or faux pas dealing with her excellency Hina Khar.

Last thing we need is to eff up growing relations with Pakistan as an alternative trading country in lieu of India.

For that matter - we need to grow much stronger relations with other D-8 countries too, including Turkey and Indonesia.
There is no reason to denigrate BD head of state for hina khar, you need to keep things in perspective... she is not even the foreign minister... any bilateral engagement would need to be with equivalent level official from BD..

pakistan can not be an alternative to india when it comes to trade..., its just a silly position to have.

BD is sovereign, it should see every state via the prism of how engagement would serve BD interest... nothing more ever. And I would not support a deeper engagement with PK until they pay up BDs share of reserves from 1971. The issue is not closed and should never be closed.

Aah glad she cancelled.... she is not the FM and would have little to say that other FMs would take seriously.

Last edited:
There is no reason to denigrate BD head of state for hina khar, you need to keep things in perspective... she is not even the foreign minister... any bilateral engagement would need to be with equivalent level official from BD..

pakistan can not be an alternative to india when it comes to trade..., its just a silly position to have.

BD is sovereign, it should see every state via the prism of how engagement would serve BD interest... nothing more ever. And I would not support a deeper engagement with PK until they pay up BDs share of reserves from 1971. The issue is not closed and should never be closed.

Aah glad she cancelled.... she is not the FM and would have little to say that other FMs would take seriously.

That post was actually embarrassing to read.

Clearly that poster has never looked at a map.

I would forget about ever getting any of BD’s share of reserves from 1971 and accept a full and unconditional apology for their behaviour in 1971.

They are simply bankrupt and I really cannot see that changing anytime soon.

Alga chacha educated hoitey paren, kintu onar mukhey kono tax nai. Articulated definitely not....

You may not have caught my drift about trade with Pakistan vis-à-vis India.

We cannot have a dependency situation re: any raw material with India, neither with cotton nor with agri food products. Indian Banyas and their commerce ministry will try to take advantage of it using dirty leverage and their oldest trick up their sleeve - creating artificial supply crisis. We already saw this with Indian export of beef, cows, onions, potatoes and a host of other consumables to our country.

I was talking about putting our trading eggs in different baskets and diversifying import dependency from different countries besides India, and simply not just Pakistan.

Whether Pakistan can supply what we need remains to be seen. But we should preferably welcome it (and imports from D-8 countries like Indonesia and Turkey. among others) instead of say, from India. It is true that Indian imports are many times cheaper because freight via land and by marine means is far more economical.

But there are important exceptions. Indian exports of beef is actually buffalo meat and moreover is not Halal. There are other examples too where importing things from India is neither economical nor practical.

We must exercise careful judgment about importing things from India on a cost/quality basis and also on a case-by-case basis.

We must never give them any leverage where they take advantage of our trust by cutting off exports at crucial times, like they did so many times in the past.

Also we should grow a backbone and assign punitive tit-for-tat tariffs and NTBs on Indian imports whenever they block our exports to their country on flimsy "dumping" pretexts which are NOT TRUE.

Last edited:
She is a stunner and articulate to boot!

Regards

Chhobita frame koira balisher toley rakhen, majhey majhey bair koira dekhley bhalo lagbey.

"Ogo tumi je amar".

Magar uska husband kabab me haddi hai. Afsoos.

Last edited:
Sadly every single one of our politician goes fully retarded in front of foreign media.
I think our political people get nervous in front of western reporters and cameras. Local journalists respect them but westerners may be very offensive in terms of our own standard.

I have watched one or two interviews of our Hasina Bibi by a Lady journalist, American (?). She was not appeasing Hasina and was talking very straight. And this made Hasina very nervous. She was calling her, "Prime Minister", and she is used to hearing Honorable Prime Minister.

However, we have also to understand that western journalists are educated and taught to find out the truth and our journalists are taught to appease those from the higher stratum.

Bilal bhai,

Chhobita frame koira balisher toley rakhen,

Rekhe chhee

Magar uska husband kabab me haddi hai. Afsoos.

I am willing to swap her for Mamata Didi and Mayawati behenji. Pakistan/Mr Khar gets 2 for one,

All of us happy.

Regards

That post was actually embarrassing to read.

Clearly that poster has never looked at a map.

I would forget about ever getting any of BD’s share of reserves from 1971 and accept a full and unconditional apology for their behaviour in 1971.

They are simply bankrupt and I really cannot see that changing anytime soon.

On a side note have you seen a few predictions that imran khan has made about Pakistan?

Completely bankrupt
Pakistan separates
It nuclear weapons get taken away

Back
Top Bottom