What's new

Foreign State Minister of Pakistan Hina Rabbani to join D-8 conference in Dhaka

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Foreign State Minister of Pakistan Hina Rabbani to join D-8 conference in Dhaka​

Published: July 24, 2022 22:33:56 | Updated: July 24, 2022 22:39:52

Pakistan Foreign State Minister Hina Rabbani Khar--Reuters

Hina Rabbani Khar, the Pakistani minister of state for forreign affairs, is coming to Dhaka to join the 20th Conference of Ministers of the D-8 Organisation for Economic Cooperation scheduled for Wednesday, reports bdnews24.com.

This will be the first visit by a Pakistani minister to Bangladesh in a decade as bilateral relations soured due to the war crimes trial that saw Bangladeshi collaborators of Pakistan during the 1971 Liberation War punished for crimes against humanity.

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate virtually the conference of the ministers of D-8, also known as the Developing-8, Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen said at a press conference on Sunday.

The other members of the bloc are Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria and Turkey.

Momen did not reveal the date of Hina’s arrival. He said foreign ministers or their representatives from the other members will also join the conference. They will include Hossein Amir-Abdollahian, the foreign minister of Iran.

Momen said Azerbaijan has applied for the membership of the bloc and the ministers will decide on its application.

Officials said Bangladesh invited Pakistan Foreign minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari to the conference. The Pakistani government decided to send Hina in his stead.

Hina visited Dhaka in 2012 as the foreign minister to invite Hasina to the D-8 summit in Islamabad.

Momen said he was unaware of any plans to hold a bilateral meeting with Hina.

“We don’t have much time on the sidelines of the D-8 conference. We will accommodate if we get a request [for a bilateral meeting],” said Amanul Haque, the chief of protocol.

Momen said the conference will focus on trade, agriculture, small and medium industries, transport and communication, energy and mineral resources, with the spotlight on food and energy security.

He said discussions to sign a preferential trade agreement among the D-8 nations were at the final stage. The agreement is expected to be signed this year.

Momen said the conference will focus on trade, agriculture, small and medium industries, transport and communication, energy and mineral resources, with the spotlight on food and energy security.

He said discussions to sign a preferential trade agreement among the D-8 nations were at the final stage. The agreement is expected to be signed

He said discussions to sign a preferential trade agreement among the D-8 nations were at the final stage. The agreement is expected to be signed.

This is great news. Very happy about this.

I hope Hasina or Alga do not cause any kind of diplomatic fracas or faux pas dealing with her excellency Hina Khar.

Last thing we need is to eff up growing relations with Pakistan as an alternative trading country in lieu of India.

For that matter - we need to grow much stronger relations with other D-8 countries too, including Turkey and Indonesia.

Good.

Mrs. Khar is much more smarter and seasoned than Bilawal.

I have heard her speak, yes I agree she seems much more articulate and well-spoken than Bilawal. Certainly more well-spoken than her counterpart in Bangladesh, Mr. Momen.

Just speaking as an outsider to Pakistani Siasat, my exposure to either person's activity is minimal.

But Ms. Khar has been to Bangladesh before (2012) trying to mend fences (which we all want) and the choice to have her attend this session of the D-8 meet is well-considered by the current govt. regardless of other things.

2012-11-10__front01.jpg

Last edited:
This is great news. Very happy about this.

I hope Hasina or Alga do not cause any kind of diplomatic fracas or faux pas dealing with her excellency Hina Khar.

Last thing we need is to eff up growing relations with Pakistan as an alternative trading country in lieu of India.

For that matter - we need to grow much stronger relations with other D-8 countries too, including Turkey and Indonesia.

Pak HC removes Bangladeshi flag from FB page​

Diplomatic Correspondent
Dhaka
Published: 24 Jul 2022, 05: 59

Foreign minister AK Abdul Momen

The Pakistan High Commission in Dhaka has removed the collage of Bangladesh and Pakistan flags from its official Facebook page, following objection from the foreign ministry and criticism from different quarters.

The high commission uploaded the collage photo as cover picture of its official Facebook page on Thursday, creating a huge buzz in the social media and widespread criticism.

Against such a backdrop, the foreign ministry asked the Pakistan High Commission on Saturday to remove the picture and it did so accordingly.

Earlier in the morning on Sunday, foreign minister AK Abdul Momen said, “We did not like the picture that the Pakistan High Commission in Dhaka published on Facebook attaching the Bangladeshi flag with the Pakistani one.”

“They uploaded pictures on Facebook pages of different missions using the national flags of the respective countries concerned. They (Pakistan HC) said they have no ulterior motive behind use of this picture,” the foreign minister added.

Pak HC removes Bangladeshi flag from FB page​

Diplomatic Correspondent
Dhaka
Published: 24 Jul 2022, 05: 59

The Pakistan High Commission in Dhaka has removed the collage of Bangladesh and Pakistan flags from its official Facebook page, following objection from the foreign ministry and criticism from different quarters.

The high commission uploaded the collage photo as cover picture of its official Facebook page on Thursday, creating a huge buzz in the social media and widespread criticism.

Against such a backdrop, the foreign ministry asked the Pakistan High Commission on Saturday to remove the picture and it did so accordingly.

Earlier in the morning on Sunday, foreign minister AK Abdul Momen said, “We did not like the picture that the Pakistan High Commission in Dhaka published on Facebook attaching the Bangladeshi flag with the Pakistani one.”

“They uploaded pictures on Facebook pages of different missions using the national flags of the respective countries concerned. They (Pakistan HC) said they have no ulterior motive behind use of this picture,” the foreign minister added.

This will hopefully calm bhakt tits...

Pakistan’s Hina Rabbani cancels trip to Dhaka for D-8 ministerial conference​

Published: July 26, 2022 21:57:39

Pakistan’s Hina Rabbani cancels trip to Dhaka for D-8 ministerial conference

Pakistan's Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Hina Rabbani Khar has cancelled her scheduled trip to Dhaka to attend the ministerial conference of the D-8 alliance.

Confirming the development, a spokesperson from the country’s high commission in Dhaka on Tuesday said Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, Pakistan's foreign minister, will instead attend the ceremony virtually.

Though the spokesperson did not elaborate on the sudden cancellation at the last minute, he said that they were confirming Pakistan’s presence virtually since the forum is taking place in a “hybrid format”.

The Bangladesh Ministry of Foreign Affairs also confirmed the development, reports bdnews24.com. The 20th Ministerial Conference of the D-8 alliance of eight developing countries will be inaugurated virtually by the current president of the alliance, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.

Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan and Turkey are members of the D-8 alliance.

Last edited:
She a very beautiful woman would like to do many things with her. She can come to bdesh any day lol.

Why was her trip cancelled? I couldn't read article as there some Chinese screen thing I couldn't close, when I clicked the link.

She a very beautiful woman would like to do many things with her. She can come to bdesh any day lol.

Why was her trip cancelled? I couldn't read article as there some Chinese screen thing I couldn't close, when I clicked the link.
I have edited post #7 with the news in full. Hina's visit may have been canceled because of some personality conflict between her and FM Bilawal. She is his senior and previously served as the FM.

Only Pakistanis know how good is FM Bilawal himself. He has no prior experience except that he belongs to the Bhutto family.

Last edited:

Ms. Rabbani has more than beauty going for her. She hails from a highly educated and respected family and is an excellent FM, as she has demonstrated in the past.

Although she is in Shahbaz Sharif's cabinet, her qualifications belie her narrow party affiliations.

Often times we see a capable woman and try to point out only her beauty.

But we should also look at what other capabilities she brings to the table. In her case, she is an extremely reasoned, educated and well-informed debater. Bilawal I will admit, I have little idea about.

Dude your first line was not respectful with the "would like to do many things with her" part.

We need to show respect to all women and that was not appropriate.

Foreign State Minister of Pakistan Hina Rabbani to join D-8 conference in Dhaka​

Published: July 24, 2022 22:33:56 | Updated: July 24, 2022 22:39:52

Hina Rabbani Khar, the Pakistani minister of state for forreign affairs, is coming to Dhaka to join the 20th Conference of Ministers of the D-8 Organisation for Economic Cooperation scheduled for Wednesday, reports bdnews24.com.

This will be the first visit by a Pakistani minister to Bangladesh in a decade as bilateral relations soured due to the war crimes trial that saw Bangladeshi collaborators of Pakistan during the 1971 Liberation War punished for crimes against humanity.

Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will inaugurate virtually the conference of the ministers of D-8, also known as the Developing-8, Foreign Minister AK Abdul Momen said at a press conference on Sunday.

The other members of the bloc are Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria and Turkey.

Momen did not reveal the date of Hina’s arrival. He said foreign ministers or their representatives from the other members will also join the conference. They will include Hossein Amir-Abdollahian, the foreign minister of Iran.

Momen said Azerbaijan has applied for the membership of the bloc and the ministers will decide on its application.

Officials said Bangladesh invited Pakistan Foreign minister Bilawal Bhutto Zardari to the conference. The Pakistani government decided to send Hina in his stead.

Hina visited Dhaka in 2012 as the foreign minister to invite Hasina to the D-8 summit in Islamabad.

Momen said he was unaware of any plans to hold a bilateral meeting with Hina.

“We don’t have much time on the sidelines of the D-8 conference. We will accommodate if we get a request [for a bilateral meeting],” said Amanul Haque, the chief of protocol.

He said discussions to sign a preferential trade agreement among the D-8 nations were at the final stage. The agreement is expected to be signed this year.

He said discussions to sign a preferential trade agreement among the D-8 nations were at the final stage. The agreement is expected to be signed

What is D8 ? Never heard about it 🤔

This D8 can also make another FTA among its members

Back
Top Bottom