What's new

First tarawih prayer in Ayasofya Mosque after 88 years

Bro why are you hating so hard, let him say his piece and if you think otherwise politely share your opinion. It does you no good to assault him as you are doing. I am sorry Foinikas on behalf of my brother here.
You stay out of this. I know what I am doing.

I'm dishonest and a hypocrite?

Are you kidding me? Lutherans are considered Christians too,Anglicans are considered Christians too,Evangelicals and Baptists are supposed to be Christians too. Do you know the difference between us? They are heretics and especially the Protestants have little in common with us.

Furthermore we're talking about different nations and historical places. One side of the Mediterranean to the other. It's like Indians converting a Mughal mosque into a Hindu temple and saying "Why not? The Indonesians converted our Hindu temples into mosques".
Forget Spain, in Greece Mosques have been converted to churches and movie theaters.

No stop beating around the bush just because of a different "sect" issue.

I'm dishonest and a hypocrite?

Are you kidding me? Lutherans are considered Christians too,Anglicans are considered Christians too,Evangelicals and Baptists are supposed to be Christians too. Do you know the difference between us? They are heretics and especially the Protestants have little in common with us.

Furthermore we're talking about different nations and historical places. One side of the Mediterranean to the other. It's like Indians converting a Mughal mosque into a Hindu temple and saying "Why not? The Indonesians converted our Hindu temples into mosques".
In India that is their country, they can do whatever they want.

In my country, my house, my rules.

Ruined mosques expose hypocrisy of Greece, a major critic of Hagia Sophia's reversion​

A view of the Sultan Hortac Mosque in Greece's Thessaloniki, which is not open to worship despite its good condition. (DHA) 's Thessaloniki, which is not open to worship despite its good condition. (DHA)
The rotonda was a Roman building that was later converted into a church. It functioned as a church for centuries and when the Ottomans conquered Thessaloniki,they converted it into a mosque.

So it wasn't a mosque to begin with.

Ottomans invaded our lands and built mosques,but also converted A LOT of our churches into mosques. After the liberation,the churches were converted back to churches and many mosques were shut down,turned to museums or demolished. And still,in present-day Istanbul,there are dozens of Byzantine churches that function as mosques. The shame is with your Turkish "brothers".

Musharraf is not that liberal, you Greek fanatic.
Fanatic for what? Why? Musharraf is not liberal,but he's not a Salafi hardcore secret TTP-lover like you ;) On the contrary,he
fought people with your ideas and hateful attitude.

He is not a Greek. Most probably an alt ID of a well known commie

How am I false flagger, you moron. I am a Pakistani and I have put up my flags honestly.

Probably you are the false flagger. What would a Greek do on a Pakistani forum?
Oh don't you know? I'm "Indian,Israeli,Arab,Persian"...now I see I'm a "well-known commie". Sure,it's hard for you to accept people of a different nationality here. You only want to listen to conservative Sunni Pakistanis and Erdogan-loving Turks.

It was a Mosque for hundreds of years before Kemal
And it was an Orthodox Cathedral for more centuries before the Ottomans came.

In India that is their country, they can do whatever they want.

In my country, my house, my rules.
Your muslim brothers disagree with you.

The rotonda was a Roman building that was later converted into a church. It functioned as a church for centuries and when the Ottomans conquered Thessaloniki,they converted it into a mosque.

Ottomans invaded our lands and built mosques,but also converted A LOT of our churches into mosques. After the liberation,the churches were converted back to churches and many mosques were shut down,turned to museums or demolished. And still,in present-day Istanbul,there are dozens of Byzantine churches that function as mosques. The shame is with your Turkish "brothers".

Fanatic for what? Why? Musharraf is not liberal,but he's not a Salafi hardcore secret TTP-lover like you ;) On the contrary,he

Oh don't you know? I'm "Indian,Israeli,Arab,Persian"...now I see I'm a "well-known commie". Sure,it's hard for you to accept people of a different nationality here. You only want to listen to conservative Sunni Pakistanis and Erdogan-loving Turks.

Hey hypocrite, in Greece many mosques were converted to churches.

Stop talking nonsense by saying oh it was a church initially, etc.

And what is wrong with being a Salafi? Admit it, you are just anti-Islam.

Hey hypocrite, in Greece many mosques were converted to churches.

Stop talking nonsense by saying oh it was a church initially, etc.

And what is wrong with being a Salafi? Admit it, you are just anti-Islam.
It must be really bad to be such a minority in your country. Your own compatriots don't like your approach. Good thing not all Muslims are like you.

It must be really bad to be such a minority in your country. Your own compatriots don't like your approach. Good thing not all Muslims are like you.
Its good not all Christians are hypocrites like yourself. On one hand when mosques are converted to churches in Greece or Spain you stay quiet. But when a church is converted to a mosque in a Muslim country, you cry foul.

It shows you are intellectually dishonest.

You have yet to see the very hardcore Muslims. lol.

Hagia Sofia was very sacred to orthodox Christianity and should be returned to them. Although it is claimed it was bought by Sultan Mihammad Fateh but defeated ones are not choosers. Muslims need an alliance with orthodox Christianity and return of Hagia Sofia to them shall be massive gesture.

You are aware that Constantinople and Hagia Sophia was decayed and in very bad shape when Ottomans rebuilt the city?

It was so depopulated that Sultan Mehmed had to repopulate it with Turkish tribes from the country side.

You are aware that Constantinople and Hagia Sophia was decayed and in very bad shape when Ottomans rebuilt the city?

It was so depopulated that Sultan Mehmed had to repopulate it with Turkish tribes from the country side.
Forget @Foinikas

He uses absurd arguments which holds no weight. He is dishonest about the matter.
He is just a troll.

@waz take care of this troll @Foinikas

You are aware that Constantinople and Hagia Sophia was decayed and in
After the Fall of Constantinople to the Ottoman Empire in 1453,[14] it was converted to a mosque by Mehmed the Conqueror. The patriarchate moved to the Church of the Holy Apostles, which became the city's cathedral. Although some parts of the city had fallen into disrepair, the cathedral had been maintained with funds set aside for this purpose, and the Christian cathedral made a strong impression on the new Ottoman rulers who conceived its conversion.[15][16] The bells, altar, iconostasis, ambo, and baptistery were removed and relics destroyed. The mosaics depicting Jesus, his mother Mary, Christian saints, and angels were eventually destroyed or plastered over.[17]

After the Fall of Constantinople to the Ottoman Empire in 1453,[14] it was converted to a mosque by Mehmed the Conqueror. The patriarchate moved to the Church of the Holy Apostles, which became the city's cathedral. Although some parts of the city had fallen into disrepair, the cathedral had been maintained with funds set aside for this purpose, and the Christian cathedral made a strong impression on the new Ottoman rulers who conceived its conversion.[15][16] The bells, altar, iconostasis, ambo, and baptistery were removed and relics destroyed. The mosaics depicting Jesus, his mother Mary, Christian saints, and angels were eventually destroyed or plastered over.[17]
Well, even Christianity was an “invader” to the byzantines. If anything the Abrahamic religions are all local to the middle east and therefore not part of the ethnic narrative as such.

Constantinople was a direct result of Greek colonialism so technically it never belonged(if humanity can claim such a term) to the Byzantines nor Orthodox Christianity.
Technically the practice of converting another’s place of worship for your own is not seen in a noble light within early Islamic theological and historical writings but in the case of Haga Sofia it was the culmination of the Turks vs Byzantine and probably a lesser percentage of religious angle involved in it.

Today however, is it really relevant that after hundreds of years as a mosque it returns to one or whether Grenada with its moorish expulsion has any relationship to whether those mosques should be mosques?

FNWXOnnX0ActUOB

Constantinople was a direct result of Greek colonialism so technically it never belonged(if humanity can claim such a term) to the Byzantines nor Orthodox Christianity.
Byzantines were majority ethnic Greek,so Byzantion/Constantinople had a continuity.
Well, even Christianity was an “invader” to the byzantines. If anything the Abrahamic religions are all local to the middle east and therefore not part of the ethnic narrative as such.
Christianity was not an "invader" to Byzantines,because what we can the Byzantine period,starts after the empire was transferred from Rome to Constantine and especially when the Roman Empire split into two parts. By then,Christianity was already dominant in the Empire.

Today however, is it really relevant that after hundreds of years as a mosque it returns to one
Of course it is. Because it is a provocation by Erdoğan. And exactly when he had built new huge mosques. If it's going to used as a place of worship again,then why not use it as a church? It was originally a church.

Erdoğan's move is disrespectful and only brings more enmity.

Yes cities do evolve with the centuries. Have you seen New York for example? London?

Back
Top Bottom