What's new

First tarawih prayer in Ayasofya Mosque after 88 years

Justinian name rung a bell.
So Justinian rebuilt it but even more splendid.
I visited it in 2019. It is so splendid.
Should be handed over to orthodox church in Istanbul.
yeah man keep kissing that white ***, itll pay off one day i swear........no wonder our qaum is in the current situation with the things people are saying in this thread. We won it, its not some biblical place its made by a flipping emperor. All of you saying "give it back" are a bunch of British East India Company Muslims. Have some dignity, just a little.

Justinian name rung a bell.
So Justinian rebuilt it but even more splendid.
I visited it in 2019. It is so splendid.
Should be handed over to orthodox church in Istanbul.

Check this out!

yeah man keep kissing that white ***, itll pay off one day i swear........no wonder our qaum is in the current situation with the things people are saying in this thread. We won it, its not some biblical place its made by a flipping emperor. All of you saying "give it back" are a bunch of British East India Company Muslims. Have some dignity, just a little.
It's because they have dignity that they talk like this. Do not put all "white people" in the same basket. If the British have treated you unfairly,it's not our fault. We were under Ottoman rule at the time.

Whats taken by force is only returned by force Haiga sofia is a mistake this shouldve not happened this isnt how we were teached islam
The Prophet ﷺ is reported to have said, ‘Verily you shall conquer Constantinople. What a wonderful leader will her leader be, and what a wonderful army will that army be!’ [Musnad Ahmad, Al Hakim, al Jami’ al Saghir]

The Prophet ﷺ is reported to have said, ‘Verily you shall conquer Constantinople. What a wonderful leader will her leader be, and what a wonderful army will that army be!’ [Musnad Ahmad, Al Hakim, al Jami’ al Saghir]
But this verse has been disputed as vague or something.

Didn't say to convert churches into mosques though...

So then it STILL isn’t a religious issue. You are conflicting your own statements and are ignoring the aspect you stated that it was a continuation of the Roman empire. So merely adopting Christianity which Constantine did purely for continuation of empire more than anything else doesn’t mean the empire lost its primary purpose as a symbol of Greco-latin imperialism/colonialism.
Christianity merely became the new marketing statement for this rule because it’s subjects were embracing the new religion like wildfire.
Marketing statement? I see what you're saying,but I disagree. How exactly am I conflicting my own statements?

It's a religious issue for Eastern Orthodox people and a national issue for Greeks.

Marketing statement? I see what you're saying,but I disagree. How exactly am I conflicting my own statements?

It's a religious issue for Eastern Orthodox people and a national issue for Greeks.
Because you just laid it out in the next sentence - it is a religious issue even though before Erdogan made this move and in the last 500 years the number of times Haga Sofia has been brought up has been fringe minority or rabble rousing at best. The same goes for Grenada as well - yet being a national issue would mean Greeks burning down the Turkish embassy and mass statements while it is more a side complaint if anything else.

To your own point and actually you ignored history a majority can do what it wishes to minority worship places - Hindus in India did that to quite a few mosques under the premise there were temples there and western nations have done so to mosques as well. Muslims have torn down temples fairly frequently although Churches have been spared only because the caveat of Abrhamic religion was involved and only when no political or monetary gain was to be made.

At the end of the day, it is Turkish territory and while the move could be construed in many intentions the Haga Sofia was no longer a Church and was ripe for a “safe” political statement.

As you already stated, it was a Greek national issue and less to do with Eastern Orthodox as much as you are trying to squeeze in more of it than it warrants in this context

To your own point and actually you ignored history a majority can do what it wishes to minority worship places - Hindus in India did that to quite a few mosques under the premise there were temples there and western nations have done so to mosques as well. Muslims have torn down temples fairly frequently although Churches have been spared only because the caveat of Abrhamic religion was involved and only when no political or monetary gain was to be made.

At the end of the day, it is Turkish territory and while the move could be construed in many intentions the Haga Sofia was no longer a Church
Of course they can do what they want in their territory. I didn't say they can't. But just because they can do whatever they want,doesn't mean it's right or wise.

Because you just laid it out in the next sentence - it is a religious issue even though before Erdogan made this move and in the last 500 years the number of times Haga Sofia has been brought up has been fringe minority or rabble rousing at best.
The Orthodox nations of the Balkans were under Ottoman rule. The Russian Empire would not go to war just to restore Agia Sofia to a church. What did you expect? The Russians going to war with the Ottoman Empire just for this?

As you already stated, it was a Greek national issue and less to do with Eastern Orthodox as much as you are trying to squeeze in more of it than it warrants in this context
But it did frustrate and anger a lot of Orthodox around the world. And not just Orthodox,Catholics too. Maybe even some Protestants.

I agree with you.
This matter is a matter for Turkey, not for some other nation to decide.

Is that what they teach you in Imam Bargha's ?

NO COMPULSION IN RELIGION!

and this kind of conquer and convert mentality is anything but Abrahamic Way . Allah Swt doesnt need billions or trillions of so called belivers indulging excessively in the same vices they accuse other ummahs of ------- to establish Devine Law . Evicting someone from his place of worship and then defending it using Hadees to over rule Quran is pure ethno-sectarian madness .

Is hissaab se tou jo namaz masjid e Aqsa me hazrat Umar ne parhai thi wo b nai honi chaiye thi phir?

Baat krne se pehle banda soch leta hai.

Unho nay namaz vaha parhi thi to ?

Filistine k saaray church masjid bna dy phr ?

Of course they can do what they want in their territory. I didn't say they can't. But just because they can do whatever they want,doesn't mean it's right or wise.

The Orthodox nations of the Balkans were under Ottoman rule. The Russian Empire would not go to war just to restore Agia Sofia to a church. What did you expect? The Russians going to war with the Ottoman Empire just for this?

But it did frustrate and anger a lot of Orthodox around the world. And not just Orthodox,Catholics too. Maybe even some Protestants.
Your arguments are kind of moronic. It is Turkish land, they can do whatever they want. Like what Greeks have done to mosques in their lands.

Your arguments are kind of moronic. It is Turkish land, they can do whatever they want. Like what Greeks have done to mosques in their lands.
Not with a symbol of this magnitude. It's a bad move diplomatically and creates more problems. It also shows disrespect for both the Orthodox world and Kemalist Turks. Do you get it now?

Not with a symbol of this magnitude. It's a bad move diplomatically and creates more problems. It also shows disrespect for both the Orthodox world and Kemalist Turks. Do you get it now?
Why you bring up Kemalist? Since when was Kemalism a religion? What about offending the Muslim majority in Turkey?

You conveniently forgot about that. I am convinced you have an anti-Islam slant.

Hagia Sophia is not some holy site for Christianity.

Also if my memory serves me correctly one of the Ottoman sultans bought Hagia Sophia. So Turkey can do anything it wants with Hagia Sophia.

Stop trying to obfuscate the people here with false information.

If my memory serves me right, the Usmani sultan bought the Hagia Sophia building as then declared it a Waqf (donated in name of Allah). If the building was occupied after a war without any contract or negotiation, then according to Islamic Law it is illegal to use it as mosque. But the sultan donated it after buying it. [As per my information].

Nevertheless, a ruler of a Muslim lands have an obligation to its Christian people, especially when they are overpowered. If it was up to me, I would try to come up with a middle solution.

Back
Top Bottom