What's new

First Pics: India's First Monorail in Mumbai

Bet Indian men will fell really manly :azn:

@2nd pic

WOW.. You can see the divide between rich & poor in India, on that pic...
Slums in the background and multi million dollar railline on top...

Great pics BTW

How do you think developing countries become developed countries? Do you think it is a process that happens overnight? Look at every devloped nation- they have gone through similar periods of economic disparity- so what? It is unfortunate for the poor but this is how the world works. What would you prefer- everyone in India lives in a shack so there is no disparity?

Come on pal.

Lol! dont try to make me laugh dude.

the poor in mumbai are mostly migrants from poor villages...

If they have so much big land , why didnt they stay there, THINK about it

Maybe 1 in 50 slums in India have sattelite TV.

And Pakistanis dont smuggle sattelites from India. Please grow up. Nothing can go across the border. Also, Pakistanis are more well informed & technology informed than Indians... There is more percentage of users who use internet in Pakistan than in India.

It was a joke. The train was pink which is why I cracked that.

Wrt satellite TV, he's right- almost every slum will have a sat TV service.

And don't fall into the trap of beliving all those living in those shacks are dirt poor- the Davari Slum has a recycling and manufacturing output of >$4BN USD a year. The land these shacks are built on is worth 100s of Millions of USD so once a developer gets the land by law they are mandated to relocate these slum inhabitants to new, purpose-built tower blocks.

Frankly speaking the stations look like a piece of ****. Ugly as hell, these stations need to be looking world class but I dont see and difference btw average indian stations and this one.

godd news,but what's up with this pink colour??:what:

Mumbai has 3 forms of transportation systems. BRTS, Metro and Monorails. Metro is extensive and covers all parts of the city. Brts and monorails act as feeder systems to metro and also low distance travel.
@karan21
Mumbai has a BRTS?

There are 3 different colours- I guess for different streches:

monorail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
good.
monorail is cheaper and saving more lands.

how many TV channels do families receive on average,virtual signal or digital signal?How do you face blackouts with fridges?I often throw some meat fish into the refrigerator and forgot to eat until several month passed.:coffee:

those who use DTH i think upto 150 tv channles. thr so not such this called virtual signal , is either analog or digital , DTH services are already digital , and cable services in 4 metro cities are digital too , cable services in rest of the country will be start digital signals in the end of 2014 i think, and rest of your words just pure BS.

This shows India is developing fast !
every good work should be appreciated very welldone guyz :)

:hitwall: why dont u teach '' icewolf '' anything man? he just keep ranting on every single indian thread with same old rant . PDF need ppl like u

Icewolf i know you care a lot about the Indian poor rather than the Pakistani poor which shows your patriotrism towards the Indian nation . Being a Pakistani hindu really sucks......hanna ?

Great pics and pls dont respond to trolls hereafter !!!

nice avatar mate(GM).:P

Mumbai has a BRTS?

There are 3 different colours- I guess for different streches:

monorail.jpg

green looks best.

What benefit does it provide as compare to metro rail?... as both are means of rapid mass transit

The monorail is primarily aimed at reducing traffic on road.We face severe traffic congestion specially during the office-going hours on road.The metro connects the stations,which divides the various parts of Mumbai into East and West,like Andheri-East/West,Bandra-East/West.But that is not enough.

We needed a form of transport that runs along the roads.
There are two options:
1. Construct rails over the roads,like flyovers.
2. construct rails below the ground.
While Mumbai has taken the first approach,Kolkata has the second approach.Metro in Kolkata is underground.
This monorail system is being constructed over the roads,supported by pillars,like flyovers.So,it will consume less land and at the same time provide easier means to transport to the daily commuters and the office goers ,as most of their offices are by the side of roads only.

The monorail is primarily aimed at reducing traffic on road.We face severe traffic congestion specially during the office-going hours on road.The metro connects the stations,which divides the various parts of Mumbai into East and West,like Andheri-East/West,Bandra-East/West.But that is not enough.

We needed a form of transport that runs along the roads.
There are two options:
1. Construct rails over the roads,like flyovers.
2. construct rails below the ground.
While Mumbai has taken the first approach,Kolkata has the second approach.Metro in Kolkata is underground.
This monorail system is being constructed over the roads,supported by pillars,like flyovers.So,it will consume less land and at the same time provide easier means to transport to the daily commuters and the office goers ,as most of their offices are by the side of roads only.

Delhi just recently cleared a Monorail project too IIRC.

NCR is investing in transport like nobody's buissness- forget Delhi Metro (which is being extened to become the longest/2nd longest metro system on earth btw) , there are 2-3 other Metros being built in the NCR, a dedicated RRTS, a monorail and a "pod" system- forget the Delhi BRTS!!

those who use DTH i think upto 150 tv channles. thr so not such this called virtual signal , is either analog or digital , DTH services are already digital , and cable services in 4 metro cities are digital too , cable services in rest of the country will be start digital signals in the end of 2014 i think, and rest of your words just pure BS.

i have two questions here,but you anwsered none.if you don't want to answer ,no need to bs here. do you know the meaning of AVERAGE?
Each country have experienced power shortages,it is not your patent and we faced many years ago.so it is nothing shame,Do not be nervous!:azn:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom