What's new

FIRST ON CNN: Iran confronts U.S. drone over Persian Gulf

I disagree, this is a relatively old paper written by an Iranian researcher at the University of California.
The technically correct term for composites used in RCS control methods is 'absorber', as highlighted in the abstract you provided...

IEEE Xplore - RCS reduction in planar, cylindrical, and spherical structures by composite coatings using genetic a...
Radar cross section (RCS) reduction of a target using multilayered radar absorbing materials (RAM) has been an important consideration in radar systems. The properties of the RAM depend on the frequency and for wide-band absorption, a proper composite selection of these materials is necessary. This paper focuses on the design of a wide-band multilayered RAM coating for planar, cylindrical, and spherical conducting structures such that the RCS is reduced considerably. The method is based on the genetic algorithm (GA) optimization technique integrated with the modal solution of Maxwell's equations in a multilayered geometry. It is shown that by a proper design of materials and their thickness, the RCS is reduced significantly in a wide frequency bandwidth. Additionally, it is observed that the application of an optimized coating for planar structure can reduce the RCS of a cylindrical or spherical structure efficiently.
All absorbers are composites, but not all composites are absorbers.

Shaping is now the dominant RCS control method and the more appropriate phrase is 'RCS control'. To 'reduce' is generally based upon a known level and work from that, like the F-15 Silent Eagle that have numerous RCS reduction methods installed. But if a body have RCS consideration from conception, then there is nothing to 'reduce' but only to 'control' as much as possible.

I think I said I did. Because our discussion was about F-22 I was a bit confused when you brought F-15 into discussion.
To illustrate what the avionics bays looks like.

Yes I knew it, that organization structure is not solely dedicated to aircraft maintenance, all engineering disciplines follow similar approach.
If you say so...

I'm going to come over there in 4 months, to do my Master's (By research) there, let's say its in a relevant field. Apparently university saw me knowledgeable enough (considering I published 4 papers with IEEE and 1 with Scopus) to provide me with grant and allow me entry to such sensitive course, particularly under current warlike situation between our countries.
Good luck. You are entering a quite esoteric field in aviation. If you do get a job, understand that most of what you know will be considered felonious information, meaning prison time if you divulge anything with numbers. I have been out of aviation for nearly 20 yrs now and much of what I know are still felonious info.

All absorbers are composites, but not all composites are absorbers.

Sorry that's a bad habit some of us have here (one of the downsides of not using English for education) is not using the complete terms.

If you say so...

:D I didn't know the details, but I knew there has to be some structure to it, anyway I'm thankful for your through explanation.

Good luck. You are entering a quite esoteric field in aviation. If you do get a job, understand that most of what you know will be considered felonious information, meaning prison time if you divulge anything with numbers. I have been out of aviation for nearly 20 yrs now and much of what I know are still felonious info.

Thank you very much for your advice, Sir. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom