What's new

Firing on PIA Jet in Peshawar, Killing 1 Woman on Board

The plane was hit when it was approx 1000 feet AGL...a normal SMG like an AK does not have that kind of range. Especially when firing at an upward trajectory, then have the required KE to penetrate the bottom (cargo hold) floor and then hit a person with sufficient energy to kill or severely injure them.

I reckon a bigger weapon was used.
That is what confusing me too, and it is disappointing hiw our officials are claiming it to ve ak47....i guess we are talking about 12.7mm/.50cal HMG..... But that leads us to the question, 12.7 has restrics mobility, moving the weapon is hard,

Thats some crazy sh!t.

Imagine some crazy @ss terrorists going ack ack at landing and taking off aircrafts full of people.

Ah well, that is something to really think about.
In any case; that is an increasing concern world-wide about the possibility of such things happening. Slightly less wrt Nukes and more wrt Chemical and Biological weapons.
My view is that Nukes are "dubious" weapons to start with. But TacNukes add an extremely dangerous dimension to that. A scenario of a "Renegade Local or Theater Commander" gaining control was haunting Nuclear Weapon States through the 60s and 70s as it is. And that was connected to Political Idealogy. Which is why they shifted their Doctrinal Thinking away from TacNukes.
Now there is even the dangerous ingredient of Religious Idealogy to deal with. One hell of a potent "Cocktail" that can be. There is already evidence of some ex-Scientist(s) of the PAEC who met with the Al-Qaeda leadership in the caves of Afghanistan. Not a comforting thought.

I still can't get over how quickly they have moved on from this story.....they are bloody shooting planes...Pretty soon Pakistanis will have to travel by ship alone or the "inshallah we land" announcement will soon have some real bite to it......

inna lilAllahi wa lnna alaihirajeoon she has been martyred and right before Ramadan

may Allah give her jannat and her family sabr

That is what confusing me too, and it is disappointing hiw our officials are claiming it to ve ak47....i guess we are talking about 12.7mm/.50cal HMG..... But that leads us to the question, 12.7 has restrics mobility, moving the weapon is hard,

As the report says: the aircraft was then about 350 mtrs from the runway at an altitude of 250-300 ft (80-100 mtrs). In that case even a LMG or MMG with AP rounds would do the trick. And both of those weapons are man-portable, by a single man. While the HMG with tripod would require 2-3 men, not difficult.
The attackers were waiting in the "approach funnel" to the runway. With an approaching target from dead-ahead, it was quite easy.

Of course all that begs the question: was there any perimeter security in place at all? Especially considering that it is a PAF Base and not a small one at that.

As the report says: the aircraft was then about 350 mtrs from the runway at an altitude of 250-300 ft (80-100 mtrs). In that case even a LMG or MMG with AP rounds would do the trick. And both of those weapons are man-portable, by a single man. While the HMG with tripod would require 2-3 men, not difficult.
The attackers were waiting in the "approach funnel" to the runway. With an approaching target from dead-ahead, it was quite easy.

Of course all that begs the question: was there any perimeter security in place at all? Especially considering that it is a PAF Base and not a small one at that.
I will disregard the report and the news, according to aviation experts its not possible for plane to be at that alititute with that small distance, they are placing it at atleast 1000ft, considering K. E, weapon range, 7.62 x39 lacjs the ability

I still can't get over how quickly they have moved on from this story.....they are bloody shooting planes...Pretty soon Pakistanis will have to travel by ship alone or the "inshallah we land" announcement will soon have some real bite to it......

Hey look at the bright side: There is NO country on Earth that can boast of such a "welcome" to visitors.

On a more serious note, there is a certain sense of helpless fatalism that is permeating civil society in Pakistan, or what is left of it these days. Nothing fazes them anymore. This is a stressed out nation on the verge of civil war, and increasingly resigned to their fate.

I will disregard the report and the news, according to aviation experts its not possible for plane to be at that alititute with that small distance, they are placing it at atleast 1000ft, considering K. E, weapon range, 7.62 x39 lacjs the ability

At 350 mtrs from the airfield-threshold (which is beyond the runway edge + the over-run area + the Approach Lighting + monitoring area with a perimeter surveillance road and fence/wall), the aircraft could be at the height stated. I do not find it incredible.

@sandy_3126 your views

At 350 mtrs from the airfield-threshold (which is beyond the runway edge + the over-run area + the Approach Lighting + monitoring area with a perimeter surveillance road and fence/wall), the aircraft could be at the height stated. I do not find it incredible.
My dear are ypu suggesting that it took 3-5mins for a plane to land at that short distance????

The plane was hit when it was approx 1000 feet AGL...a normal SMG like an AK does not have that kind of range. Especially when firing at an upward trajectory, then have the required KE to penetrate the bottom (cargo hold) floor and then hit a person with sufficient energy to kill or severely injure them.

I reckon a bigger weapon was used.
Another theory is that the plane was in range are that particular location, after that, it was out of range for weapon.
Plane was landing so that means easier for a weapon to hit, but that did not happen. Plane landed safely and received bullets for a short span of time......
With exact coordinates from flight recorder, type of bullet a raduis can bs formed and we can have a search zone, we can get to the assailants position for more evidence....

Time has come to place a total ban on assault rifle ownership. These AK-47s are a legacy of Afghan war anyway. Civilians should be allowed handguns and shotguns only. Nothing else. And possession of illegal weapons should be death penalty. Also, ganja (son of a b****) should restart executions.

Back
Top Bottom