What's new

Firing on PIA Jet in Peshawar, Killing 1 Woman on Board

seems security of pak airports is not high on pak government agenda. first karachi airport attack, yesterday supporters of a cleric almost hijacked a airplane and today somebody killed an airplane passenger while the passenger was inside the plane. .

my heart goes the child who lost the mother. RIP

No one got in the airport, where did you get that from?
then how did someone shoot a plane if the person is not in the airport ? & from where ? that's why I said its a bizarre & scary incident

happened outside the airport when the flight was preparing to land and flying low.
WTF , you mean the plane was shot when it was still in the air ? this is seriously scary

These terrorists are using every tactics in the book and some cases outside the book.....But this is bizzare.....Can you imagine being shot from outside while flying in an aircraft?????

But I see a bigger risk here, this time these idiots used AK's (may be), but tomorrow they may use RPG or something more powerful on an aircraft

Fasaadi Khan! Please come back to your senses. We know you have a lust for power and you would even sell your sisters just to be a Prime minister, let alone Pakistanis or this motherland. Come back into your senses you fasaadi. Stop being an opportunist and work for your people in KPK.
coming from the patwari, who order operation and didnt let the IDP'S COME IN .. LEAVING ALL THE MESS TO kpk GOVERNMENT ...Ur government annonced the operation now when the blow back is coming u r making political statements ..

Isnt this a failure of the local police ?

Areas near airports and along low flight paths are dominated & kept secure by local police.

National resources are not meant for area surveillance & dominance.

Post reported. You can have differences with IK's politics and KP govt's performance, but this was a low blow.
Oh my, look people somebody is lecturing on morality here...:lol:

My heart goes out to the child who lost her mother. So very sad..

Any update who fired and from where?

RIP to the poor victims

The shots were fired when plane was flying low for landing. Plane was hit 5 km before reaching airport. MOST

Probably 50 calibre or 12.7mm fire

2 Injured

Source:It could be due to occasional firing and not a terrorist attack,possible firing during wedding.

Though not confirmed

Wedding in a PIA plane & that too with gunman firing,sounds ridicolous.How did the terrorist enter the plane with gun in the first place,what were the security people doing,Did they apprehend the gun man

Prople have 12.7mm in abundance in tribal areas.

The shots were fired from a built up area of Peshawar. Yet nobody came forward to report the miscreants

then how did someone shoot a plane if the person is not in the airport ? & from where ? that's why I said its a bizarre & scary incident

WTF , you mean the plane was shot when it was still in the air ? this is seriously scary
Plane was coming in for landing, it was shot at when it was in air.

IIRC this is the second incident that i can remember where civvy aircraft has been attacked...the other one was in karachi as far as i can recollect.Maybe someone can confirm my feelings of deja vu

Law and order inside Pak has gone for a toss.

Thank god they missed the captain, imagine the plane out of control during landing !
RIP to the dead
Apart from captain,What if the bullets had hit the fuel tank,or some TTP or Uzbek Militant firing a rocket from a rocket launcher.Something is terribly wrong with Pakistanis nowadays

a bullet penetrated the engine, a bunch of them in the cabin of course, and one miss the pilot.
read it on some article.

It will be grounded for a few weeks for sure.

hqdefault.jpg

This is from Toronto Pearson Airport, I work near the airport and i've seen how close they are to the ground on short final.
even a hand gun can penetrate the cabin

That is pretty close, for sure. However the analogy that you draw is not quite valid in the incident that is under discussion:
1. People in the neighborhood (of Pearson) are not likely to possess ack-ack guns, RCL guns, Mortars, RPGs and even Kalashnikovs; nor are they desirous of using such weaponry.
2. Contrastingly; (some) people in the vicinity of PAF Peshawar AFB are known to possess such weapons and are certainly likely to want to use them. That record is clear.
3. Airports have been hit in Pakistan in the past. The recent attack at JIA Karachi is still fresh in memory. A precedent exists. So how did the Security around Peshawar AFB not get boosted up? Can this situation be replicated at or around other air-fields in Pakistan? This is the really worrisome part!
4. The statement "even a hand gun can penetrate the cabin" is simply an exaggeration. It cannot; not in case of an airliner in the air; but may do so only at an airplane stationary, at point-blank range.

Back
Top Bottom