What's new

FIDAE 2014

Bismarck

Reaction score
Country
Germany
FIDAE 2014. Textron, Otokar & Boeing make strong showings...

How many of you are aware that FIDAE 2014 has been going on in S. America this week? That particular trade show has gained little attention in the military blogging sphere and I can't explain why. Those small S. American countries are arming up like there is no tomorrow.

Having said that Textron, Otokar and Boeing caught my attention with their offerings down South....

Textron showed up with its Commando and is in my opinion providing an affordable, MRAP protected family of vehicles that can handle most military missions. From Internal Security, Border Protection, Fire Support,, Mortar Carrier, Ambulance, Fire Control Vehicle, APC, IFV...this Family of Vehicles concept seems to be the wave of the future when it comes to lowering the costs, getting the biggest bang for you buck all while continuing to provide a competent and credible military deterrent. I like it.

Otokar arrived with their ARMA 8x8 and a page out of the Iveco playbook. They're offering not only their formidable vehicle but also manufacturing at the host country which should sweeten the deal. The ARMA 8x8 with Mizrak 30mm RWS will win orders. Its just a matter of time. Add in the manufacturing offsets and I can see a S. American country biting.

Boeing surprised many with the announcement that its going to offer 80 CH-47D's, which they will upgrade to the CH-47F standard, for sale worldwide. The CH-47 is extremely popular so this will be easy work for Boeing salesmen. Read about it here. Thanks for the link Jonathan!
FIDAE 2014. The most important show you aren't paying attention to.

FIDAE 2014. Textron, Otokar & Boeing make strong showings...

How many of you are aware that FIDAE 2014 has been going on in S. America this week? That particular trade show has gained little attention in the military blogging sphere and I can't explain why. Those small S. American countries are arming up like there is no tomorrow.

Having said that Textron, Otokar and Boeing caught my attention with their offerings down South....

Textron showed up with its Commando and is in my opinion providing an affordable, MRAP protected family of vehicles that can handle most military missions. From Internal Security, Border Protection, Fire Support,, Mortar Carrier, Ambulance, Fire Control Vehicle, APC, IFV...this Family of Vehicles concept seems to be the wave of the future when it comes to lowering the costs, getting the biggest bang for you buck all while continuing to provide a competent and credible military deterrent. I like it.

Otokar arrived with their ARMA 8x8 and a page out of the Iveco playbook. They're offering not only their formidable vehicle but also manufacturing at the host country which should sweeten the deal. The ARMA 8x8 with Mizrak 30mm RWS will win orders. Its just a matter of time. Add in the manufacturing offsets and I can see a S. American country biting.

Boeing surprised many with the announcement that its going to offer 80 CH-47D's, which they will upgrade to the CH-47F standard, for sale worldwide. The CH-47 is extremely popular so this will be easy work for Boeing salesmen. Read about it here. Thanks for the link Jonathan!
FIDAE 2014. The most important show you aren't paying attention to.
Whether its UAE, KSA, Jordan, Oman or Yemen. If they have joined with Turkey on their Land Vehicle Program then I am sure this will help them a lot in Military as well as Commercial Sector although there is still time left to be partner with them.

Whether its UAE, KSA, Jordan, Oman or Yemen. If they have joined with Turkey on their Land Vehicle Program then I am sure this will help them a lot in Military as well as Commercial Sector although there is still time left to be partner with them.

I thought they have joint ventures!

"Boeing surprised many with the announcement that its going to offer 80 CH-47D's, which they will upgrade to the CH-47F standard, for sale worldwide. The CH-47 is extremely popular so this will be easy work for Boeing salesmen.Read about it here. Thanks for the link Jonathan!
FIDAE 2014. The most important show you aren't paying attention to."

How many Ch-47/57 turkey has? Maybe a chance to Increase the number.

"Boeing surprised many with the announcement that its going to offer 80 CH-47D's, which they will upgrade to the CH-47F standard, for sale worldwide. The CH-47 is extremely popular so this will be easy work for Boeing salesmen.Read about it here. Thanks for the link Jonathan!
FIDAE 2014. The most important show you aren't paying attention to."

How many Ch-47/57 turkey has? Maybe a chance to Increase the number.

Turkish Special Special Forces ordered 14 but im not sure when they will be delivered.

Turkey and UAE to get CH-47F Chinooks - IHS Jane's 360

Better for them to do JV and develop better series of Helicopters like V-22
With all due respect CH47F is better than V-22... and we don't have any use for an expensive vertical take off tilt rotor that's also expensive to maintain. We don't even have an LHD yet.
Wanted to be your friend and chat with ya.
isn't that kinda gay?

With all due respect CH47F is better than V-22... and we don't have any use for an expensive vertical take off tilt rotor that's also expensive to maintain. We don't even have an LHD yet.

isn't that kinda gay?
:rofl::omghaha:

isn't that kinda gay?

Not 8? Doesn't matter, 8 or 14. Your hugh army need more heavy helis than 8-14. This is a chance to purchase more for a cheap price.
We will get 6 of which one for the special forces i believe.

Back
Top Bottom