What's new

Otokar to make armored vehicles in Kazakhstan

Russia will modernize Mil choppers with Sagem (France).

Epic failure of Russian tec against Western quality. That's Why Kazakhistan choosed the domestic production of Turkish advanced avionic and communication devices for current/future Russian helo upgrades.

As far as I know, Russia don't have IR technologies as well. Every single IR detectors They used on attack copters, sight devices and Tanks are either ordered from Sagem/French or Israel. At present, Put MWIR and LWIR detector technologies developed 2000's aside, Turkey is planning for serially production of latest generation QWIP IR detector technologies.

My source :

www .sagem-ds.com/IMG/pdf/D998E-Mil_Helicopter_Modernization.pdf

Russia don't have a competitive MALE UAV as well. They tested Israeli Heron but rejected cause of putting forward of impracticability of Herons at winter conditions.

At this field, Contrary to Russia, Turkey is going to release following UAV's for friend countries including the one locating under Russian influence.

-ANKA-B MALE UAV (1,5 tonnes take off weight) in 2013
-ANKA-TP HALE (5 tonnes take off weight) in 2016-17

Marketting efforts have been commenced at Middile East, Central and South Asia...

url

Besides, India known as main costumer of Russia, is acquiring AH-64D attack and CH-47 Heavy Lift Helicopters. Russian helicopters are beaten by USA suppliers at both Indian tender.
British M777 155mm howitzers are selected by Indian officials as well.

:no:

LockheadMartin is pushing to export F-35 for India

What Russia is doing;

http://translate.google.ca/translat...metall-will-Waffen-nach-Russland-liefern.html

After Russia ordered/ordering foreign 4x4 and 8x8 armoured vehicles instead of their own designs, This time, Russia is considering Leopard 2 tanks as well. That is really great news for Turkey which is really active in Russian markets. Turkish institutes will actively use Russian foreign orders while making propaganda to export their state of art vehicles. Hope to see Russia (with their obsolete technologies) to be wiped out of competition in serious number of countries...

Epic failure of Russian tec against Western quality. That's Why Kazakhistan choosed the domestic production of Turkish advanced avionic and communication devices for current/future Russian helo upgrades.

As far as I know, Russia don't have IR technologies as well. Every single IR detectors They used on attack copters, sight devices and Tanks are either ordered from Sagem/French or Israel. At present, Put MWIR and LWIR detector technologies developed 2000's aside, Turkey is planning for serially production of latest generation QWIP IR detector technologies.

Yeah, great insight, all that explain why Turkey buys Kornet ATGM with Russian IR seekers

Turkey Orders Russian ‘Kornet’ Anti-Tank Missiles
Defense News reports that Turkey’s recent competition for 80 advanced anti-tank missile launchers and up to 800 missiles has a surprising winner. After reportedly evaluating bids from South Africa’s Denel (Ingwe), Israel’s Rafael (Spike), Raytheon (TOW family), and Russia, the winner is… Russia’s AT-14/9M133 ‘Kornet E’, who walks away with a $70 million contract. The contract is expected to be signed in late August, with deliveries taking place in 2009.

1PN79-M1 THERMAL SIGHT

Thanks for laughs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, great insight, all that explain why Turkey buys Kornet ATGM with Russian IR seekers

Turkey Orders Russian ‘Kornet’ Anti-Tank Missiles

1PN79-M1 THERMAL SIGHT

Thanks for laughs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know wheather you know What an IR detector means in thermal sights but Turkey ordered Kornet-E Missile and replaced Russian thermal sight using French 8-12qm IR detector with domestic one.

14310034414-orig.png
14310025474-orig.png

Resolution - 640 X 512
FLIR Band - 3 to 5 microns
Battery life - 9 hours

Better than anything the Russians have. With this system Aselsan "Eye", Turkish Kornet enjoys 5500m range in nights; but contrary to Russian thermal sights (3500m at best condition).

Although Russia is known the main missile system manufacturer giant, They are behind of latest technologies in anti-tank missiles. Russia is trying to develop a Fire and Forget missile and I don't suppose that The missile to be developed will have a top-attack mode.

Contrary to Russia, Turkey is joining into market with following Fire-Forget Anti-tank missiles...

-UMTAS IIR (8km)- 2013
-UMTAS-L (8km) - 2013
-UMTAS-ER (12km)-2013
-UMTAS-ER+ (max. 25km)
-OMTAS (4km)-2013
-KMTAS (2,5km)

As I said, In 2000's, I had read a statement of a Russian minister who mentions the development of Turkish defence industry as the main threat to Russian central Asian markets so pointing out the importance of taken cautions against Turks. In same statements, Russian minister/official mentioned probability of supplying the high-tech military systems for terorist organisations(disinformation), If Turkey proceed development like that.

It is seen that Russian official predicted the future well and warned everybody but You know, Turkish industrial marketiing activities are starting new...

I don't know wheather you know What an IR detector means in thermal sights but Turkey ordered Kornet-E Missile and replaced Russian thermal sight using French 8-12qm IR detector with domestic one.
Resolution - 640 X 512
FLIR Band - 3 to 5 microns
Battery life - 9 hours

Better than anything the Russians have. With this system Aselsan "Eye", Turkish Kornet enjoys 5500m range in nights; but contrary to Russian thermal sights (3500m at best condition).

You mean its better than 5 years old export version of Kornet sight and on the same level as 5 years old Russian domestic version of Kornet sight? ok grats :lol:

As I said, In 2000's, I had read a statement of a Russian minister who mentions the development of Turkish defence industry as the main threat to Russian central Asian markets so pointing out the importance of taken cautions against Turks. In same statements, Russian minister/official mentioned probability of supplying the high-tech military systems for terorist organisations(disinformation), If Turkey proceed development like that.

It is seen that Russian official predicted the future well and warned everybody but You know, Turkish industrial marketiing activities are starting new...

Weapon exports 2011
http://armstrade.sipri.org/armstrade/page/values.php

Bosnia-Herzegovina 119m
Saudi Arabia 58m
Belarus 59m
Brunei 24m
Denmark 20m
Nigeria 19m
Czech Republic 11m
Poland 8m
Turkey 6m

Sorry as of now you are the main threat to Czech Republic and Nigeria :lol: Maybe that will change in far future

You mean its better than 5 years old export version of Kornet sight and on the same level as 5 years old Russian domestic version of Kornet sight? ok grats :lol:

I don't care How old or How young your systems being exported. There is a reality in there...

Weapon exports 2011
Importer/Exporter TIV Tables

Bosnia-Herzegovina 119m
Saudi Arabia 58m
Belarus 59m
Brunei 24m
Denmark 20m
Nigeria 19m
Czech Republic 11m
Poland 8m
Turkey 6m

Sorry as of now you are the main threat to Czech Republic and Nigeria :lol: Maybe that will change in far future

I don't know What is this false table about. Turkey exported almost 2 billion $ arm in 2011 but The Total Russian exports aren't the actual issue in here. I am giving the specific countries Russia is loosing lots of billion $ deals in there. The young Turkish industry which is trying to enter into the deep of Russian markets with establishing JV's is also capuring lots of deals in a country like Kaakhistan, Turkmenistan... :)

BTW,
-Morocco choosed M1A1 tanks
-Indonesia choosed Leopard 2 tanks...

After Assad gone (I don't discuss the righfulness of Turkey's policy over Syria. It is an other issue that Everybody knows What I think about it), Syria will also be a market of West and Turkey as well. No need to mention Georgia... :)

@cabatli_53 from what i understand, SIPRI only takes export values on FMS channel, or other governmental mechanisms.

And i also believe Syria will become one of biggest customers of Turkish defence industry. This is bad news for Israel.

Aselsan signed agreement with Semey Eng. to upgrade Russian T-72 tanks, BTR, BRDM and other armoured vehicles Kazakhistan have in inventory.

ASELSAN-SEMEY.JPG

Prototypes are presented at KADEX-2014 and Some of them will start qualification trials for Kazakhistan Army..

ASELSAN-SEMEY2.JPG

ASELSAN-SEMEY1.JPG

ASELSAN-SEMEY3.JPG

Back
Top Bottom