What's new

Fareed Zakaria: Let’s be honest, Islam has a problem right now

Hahaha. You are also an idiot if you act as many Muslims do, hiding in the sand like ostriches when facts start beating them. No religion becomes "perfect" just because a believer says so. For a non-Muslim atheist or someone belonging to another religion, Islam like all other religions is an imperfect religion out of so many out there:
Criticism of Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its a long article and every MUSLIM should read it before condemning it as propaganda. Islam has been criticized by atheists and adherents of other faiths alike in all times since Islam was born. A "perfect" religion cannot be criticized for its inconsistencies and shortcomings.
Some times I wonder, Can "religion" and "Perfect" be used together?

wait a second..
are u sayin that america entered vietman iraq afganistan on the basis of religon...?
you are compairing apples with khajur...lol "i hd to replace the orange its been used mny times"
Re reaD my post!
To quote atrocities done by America I mentioned those countries....nothing in my post suggests that America entered these countries on the basis of religion. But America being a country with majority of Christians, any atrocity done by it armed forces could be blamed on Christians.....that's all I meant.
Now who knew my post would be misconstrued so badly??? :lol:

nothing in my post suggests America entered these countries on the basis of religion. But America being a country with majority of Christians, any atrocity done by it armed forces could be blamed on Christians.....that's all I meant.
:hitwall: Deeeeeeeee :hitwall:

How come there isn't a movement in islam like there is in christianity that views scriptures of ideas we consider unfit for modern day as symbolic or non literal?
There is a movement, had a friend in it long back. No contact now. The name of the movement - New age Islam. They are considered non Muslims by Darul Ulema (most probably) though. :P

The only difference is that religious war is justified with religion while normal war is justified with BS like "spreading democracy" and "WMDs, THEY HAVE WMDs!!!"
The only ones being fooled are the public or the soldiers. The leaders know what they do and why they really do it.

So long as the highlighted parts are the corner stones of thinking - the problem remains.

Take a good look at the state of Islam today and know that it can only get better from here, so any changes are bound to be in the positive direction.

Out of topic. Pakistan and the rest of the Muslim world sent their AF, army etc to fight Israel in 1967.
Why are they not doing it now to fight ISIS? I rarely see a protest in Pakistan against ISIS (to be honest, rarely even in India, Indonesia too).
If the evolved, moderate Muslims are present in those countries, do not protest, who are going to? And when will the evolution of Muslims might take place?

FZ is an idiot. Muslims may have many problems, Islam has none. Islam is the religion created by ALLAH, and it is without any doubt the best religion. Many Muslims on the other hand can be and are idiot a-holes, maligning the name of this beautiful religion.

I'm sorry if there is nothing in your religion that needs fixing, then how come nothing is changing in your community? Islam is the only religion that seems to be claiming 'perfect immunity'. Both Hinduism and Christianity have accepted major faults and are working on them, have become better. When exactly will you do it?

Out of topic. Pakistan and the rest of the Muslim world sent their AF, army etc to fight Israel in 1967.
Why are they not doing it now to fight ISIS? I rarely see a protest in Pakistan against ISIS (to be honest, rarely even in India, Indonesia too).
If the evolved, moderate Muslims are present in those countries, do not protest, who are going to? And when will the evolution of Muslims might take place?

That is the main criticism in the OP too that there is not enough being done to fight ISIS by Muslim countries, and I have agreed with that already. The evolution I mentioned will take a few more decades.

Re reaD my post!
To quote atrocities done by America I mentioned those countries....nothing in my post suggests that America entered these countries on the basis of religion. But America being a country with majority of Christians, any atrocity done by it armed forces could be blamed on Christians.....that's all I meant.
Now who knew my post would be misconstrued so badly??? :lol:

its not the majority of christians or muslims or hindus of a particular "country/group " tht matters when thy go to war...
its their ideology or rather reason for them to goto war which matters...

It is rather interesting how people who dont know an iota about Islam are screaming their lungs out for its reform...

Its like saying no I dont agree with so and so and when the so and so comes face to face you ask who he/ she is ....

How about reforming yourself maybe or individuals?

I found @TankMan and @The SC arguments really good :tup:

what the Americans did can also not be justified...they armed AQ and then when it turned against US, it attacked 'em.There were more bombs dropped on Vietnam than those dropped on Germany during WWII.
From where should we start?? The Philippine American war or from the last one decade??

I'm not trying to put a blame on anyone here.The gist of the argument is that whether its Islam,Christianity or Jews, followers of every religion has committed sins.There's no way that only one religion and its followers be called wrong.

Most of the religious fundamentalist in Islam has emerged in just past few decades before that there was hue n cry over terrorism at all.....
Rest i agreed to your post....
One has to be harshest critics of own acts/thinking if further evolution has to continuous, progressive n accommodative ......

But hey....what about the atrocities done by USA/Britain in Vietnam,Aghanistan and Iraq?? so should we also say that Bush's/Tony Blair's Christianity also has a PROBLEM right now??
you forgot to add india and hindus who are killing muslims in kashmir :D

Sad but true.
When I posted it on some other thread that Islam was wrongly misinterpreted and taught, then it was objected upon.There're some muslim countries which do support radicals.I'm not naming any one but then many of us do know that it is true.

"QURAN spreads filth and hatred towards non-muslims" - Delhi Court (1986 judgement).

Google - "1986 delhi court quran petition".

Conclusion: Quran itself is the problem. Elimination of non-Muslims, is the aim of Mohammed's Islam, clearly mentioned in original Arabic Quran. That's what mohammed did all life, broke temples and worship places of Jews(ex-Hindus) in Mecca. In Islam, non-muslims are called "Kafirs". Kafirs = untouchables, filthy people. Islam considers all non-Islamic cultures and their symbols, Gods, Goddesses as untouchable. That's the reason muslims live in ghettos and avoid singing Vande Mataram. (Those who sing it, can't be trusted because they are being dishonest to teachings of Quran. In other words, they are deceitful.)

Infact, during a debate on "Does moderate islam exist?" in NewYork, one Indian-American muslim girl openly admitted that Mohmmed did rape his 9 year old daughter and shamelessly added - "So what's the big deal? That was the norm then." (Notice how mentally deluded she sounds! I felt like vomiting.)

This is why, we often see muslims like Amir Khan showing crimes of child-abuse, rapes in India and try to make a statement - "See, we all do rapes. We all are ped0philes. So, lets not make a big fuss about when Mohammed does it. Islam is also like us, a cult of criminals. So, lets not react so much to it".

What Amir missed is(or hiding since he is part of the cult, as it gives him huge money, patronage in global muslim community), in non-Islamic cultures noone glorifies a rapist and worships a criminal.

Muslims glorify a rapist and then shamelessly justifies it. That's because all "first" muslims who followed Mohammed were bunch of warlords, thugs, rapists, looters, mafia. It was a gang of haramkhor's. Using sword, they spread, looted wealth and grew the land under their rule. This is how Islam came into birth.

Some wise guy said once - "Islam lowers standards of moral and life, wherever it goes because it is born from an uneducated, filthy desert of warlords. It began as a cult of looters with sword in hand".

I have read QURAN myself. A piece of racist, war-manual. Just two words of "peace", "harmony" here and there has no meaning. When you read it full, u understand its a cult to grab lands & kill non-muslims, using 1. lies, 2. Deceit 3. Weapons and 4. Force.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom