What's new

Fareed Zakaria: Let’s be honest, Islam has a problem right now

Fareed Zakaria is an Indian clown. It seems to me that he is the one that has a problem. ISIS members make up 0,001% of the 1.7 billion big Muslim community and their supporters make up a tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of the overall Muslims out there.

Muslims and almost only Muslims are victims of ISIS retards and similar groups regardless of sect. We are their main victims and we do not need the pity of non-Muslims who want us only bad. Just for being Muslims.

No Muslim considers ISIS as Muslim or similar groups and those that do are misguided.

Let him stick to CNN and acting like an expert on ME matters which he is horrible at. He should stick to Indian matters. A lot to discuss there.

Next.

The Islamic Golden age is widely expected to have lasted till about 1258 AD
Islamic Golden Age - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

While external factors such as crusades, mongols etc triggered the fall, the rapid radicalization on the empires themselves sealed it.

This is a really good example :-
Istanbul observatory of Taqi ad-Din - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This was a huge empire, going from Andalusia in Spain to India, So the period you are talking about holds for parts of the empire , the rest was still thriving.
And please when the Muslims got ejected from Spain? And what is their legacy there? And in India?
One fact alone contradicts your article and his writers: Europe was living in the dark ages in the 15th century, it started its overhaul after the French revolution in the late 17th and beginnings of the 18th century, what have happened in that period to awaken Europe?
Can anyone answer this question without referring to the Muslim civilization role?

Last edited:
Fareed Zakaria is an Indian clown. It seems to me that he is the one that has a problem. ISIS members make up 0,001% of the 1.7 billion big Muslim community and their supporters make up a tiny, tiny, tiny percentage of the overall Muslims out there.

Muslims and almost only Muslims are victims of ISIS retards and similar groups regardless of sect. We are their main victims and we do not need the pity of non-Muslims who want us only bad. Just for being Muslims.

No Muslim considers ISIS as Muslim or similar groups and those that do are misguided.

Let him stick to CNN and acting like an expert on ME matters which he is horrible at. He should stick to Indian matters. A lot to discuss there.

Next.

The problem is not the percentage of ISIS fighters. The problem FZ points out is the lack of widespread protests in Muslim countries at what ISIS is doing:

QUOTE: "There is a cancer of extremism within Islam today. A small minority of Muslims celebrates violence and intolerance and harbors deeply reactionary attitudes toward women and minorities. While some confront these extremists, not enough do so, and the protests are not loud enough. How many mass rallies have been held against the Islamic State (also known as ISIS) in the Arab world today?"

One fact alone contradictsyour article and his writers: Europe was living in the dark ages in the 15th century,it started it overhaull after the french revolution in the late 17th and beginings of the 18th century, what have appened in that period to awaken Europe?
Can answer this question without refering to the muslim civilization role?

Well that is unfortunately the irony - while achievements in the Islamic world partially helped the renaissance in Europe, the Islamic world hasn't had a renaissance itself since. It would be its turn to look at Europe now to leap forward.

Fareed Zakaria, not exactly the most trust worthy source to begin with, given his run ins with plagiarism recently.

But he does make some good points.

The problem is not the percentage of ISIS fighters. The problem FZ points out is the lack of widespread protests in Muslim countries at what ISIS is doing:

QUOTE: "There is a cancer of extremism within Islam today. A small minority of Muslims celebrates violence and intolerance and harbors deeply reactionary attitudes toward women and minorities. While some confront these extremists, not enough do so, and the protests are not loud enough. How many mass rallies have been held against the Islamic State (also known as ISIS) in the Arab world today?"
percentage is not a problem.. unless it is seen in comparative terms.
for example if society one .. 0.001 % incidence of x disease(say cystic fibrosis) ..and other societies .. 0.00001 % incidence of same disease..
society one will be known to have abnorman high incidence of that disease, and probably require further investigation like research into genetic makeup amongh other things.

I am just making a point about danger of using such percentage in argument, not saying what is being said is wrong as such.

percentage is not a problem.. unless it is seen in comparative terms.
for example if society one .. 0.001 % incidence of x disease(say cystic fibrosis) ..and other societies .. 0.00001 % incidence of same disease..
society one will be known to have abnorman high incidence of that disease, and probably require further investigation like research into genetic makeup amongh other things.

I am just making a point about danger of using such percentage in argument, not saying what is being said is wrong as such.

Whatever the percentage of diseased cells, as long as as they are eliminated by a vigorous response, does it really matter? The issue FZ points out is the lack of the response that is needed to eliminate the disease.

Was/is that not always the case with every religion, ideology etc? The reason why a tiny, tiny, tiny number of Muslims can realize their thinking into real acts is because many Muslim countries are unstable and suffer from wars.

If the similar number of Christian extremists (for instance) who call for the death of gays, lesbians etc. lived in similar conditions be certain that at least some of them would have put words into action.

This can be seen among Christian terrorist groups in Africa. Lords Resistance Army etc.

I am afraid that there will be retards always who try to transform their thinking into actions. But I agree that it should be dealt with and Muslim countries are also dealing with their radicals now. Saying otherwise is idiotic at least.

Whatever the percentage of diseased cells, as long as as they are eliminated by a vigorous response, does it really matter? The issue FZ points out is the lack of the response that is needed to eliminate the disease.
I was just pointing out the presentation of statistics: merely 0.001 % likelyhood of getting cystic fibrosis vs 100 times higher likelyhood of getting same disease than other group)
first one seems to be less of a problem ..second one is a cause of worry.
Again.. nothing to contribute to the topic, just making general point about presenting stats. :wacko:

Its completely waste of time to debate on this. it is in mutual consensus that this extremism issue needs to end now and everyone must do as they think is best. If west thinks that ISIS or any Extremist Group is danger they are fighting them OK or any non Muslim country. But For Islamic Countries They need to decide one thing either letting these (Islamist's or so called Islamist's for the sake of argument) do as they please and destroy the reputation and respect of Islam or they( Islamic nations ) prove the world it is not fault of Islam but they are using it as disguise. There is a way they need to choose to prove it.

Stop arguing and answering every non Muslim about whether its Islam's fault or not.

Bring an strategy to completely annihilate this problem once and for all with both Education and Force. Find the source I believe its inside Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan and USA get the evidence and show it to whole world. Then Lets assume USA is not involved or even involved Completely annihilate these terrorist Operation Zarb-e-azb is one of examples that has save and decrease the percentile of civilian deaths even further in Pakistan.

Strategy should be a parallel one. Start not just in one country but a parallel war against these terrorists together in Afghanistan(don't rely on USA to clear I believe its Muslim's job save the honor of islam not a christian), Pakistan(Already working on it it would be great if other Muslim nations can send help by sending their F15, typhoons for air support soldiers for manpower to completely clean sweep them and most importantly find the sheikh's in Saudi Arabia and UAE who are funding them.

See my friends When your child does something stupid people judge on parenting that what are parents teaching him ?
Our teachings are Islam so it is our job to defend its honor. Non Muslims will think and blame that is their right because they feel insecure. The Non Muslims are literally afraid now living in Muslim Nations. Islam gives everyone freedom to practice their beliefs which not indirectly but directly makes Muslims responsible for their freedom and safety because Islam says so.

I'm not a Muslim or somebody with a great knowledge of the various schools of it but my understanding is that most of the violence and terror we are seeing today can be traced back to a particular form of Islam originating in Saudi Arabia called Wahhabhism or Salafism. The number of Muslims subscribing to this worldview is growing every day due to the enormous sums spend on prosletyising it by oil rich Gulf States in the poorer, oil free parts of the Musim world.

I'm not a Muslim or somebody with a great knowledge of the various schools of it but my understanding is that most of the violence and terror we are seeing today can be traced back to a particular form of Islam originating in Saudi Arabia called Wahhabhism or Salafism. The number of Muslims subscribing to this worldview is growing every day due to the enormous sums spend on prosletyising it by oil rich Gulf States in the poorer, oil free parts of the Musim world.

More nonsense. There is nothing called "Wahhabism". All sects of Islam, Sunni, Shia Islam and Sufism originates in KSA. Blame KSA for that too.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom