What's new

Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India

I don't find even a slightest difference between BD and Sri Lankan people's complexion and physical features but Jacqueline does not look Sri Lankan at all to me.

Isn't she a mix? I thought she had a Sri Lankan father and a Malaysian mother

Do Indians have specific look? Indians are also hybrid. Actually we got messed up during British regime. Persians, Afghans, Burmese got mixed up.

I think the Northern part of India has more variety of genes since they have intermarried more

You mean to tell me that people in Bangladesh only got mixed with the Burmese after the partition? and the British had something to do with this? :lol:

Ofcourse there are specific looks when it comes to different ethnicity all over south Asia.

I avoid racial discussions here. It gets pretty ridiculously offensive after a while.

I believe in the individual. The sort of collective thinking in India, along clan, caste, linguisitic or ethnic basis.

Time to look to the individual more.

T

Its more to do with the human desire to stand out, to be unique, to get noticed! If them majority of the population is mocha brown in color, and your skin is milky latte, you ll stand out and get noticed, and who doesn't like that!

But discrimination based on skin color, that is definitely wrong.

I agree.

But the ad campaigns in India are ridiculous. They advertise as if you will never be loved, have a job or a fulfilling life if you are fair skinned. In the West, non-tanned people are shown as having employment prospects jeopardized.

Last edited:
Vast majority of people in Sri Lanka are from Bengali ancestry so it's not a surprise. Jacqueline is half Sri Lankan, that's why she's different. What do you think of this one? She's a former Mrs.World

7567Sri-Lankan-politician-Rosy-Senanayake.jpg

Also genetic expression is marked by it's variety. So you see fair skinned actresses in the supposedly 'dark skinned' South India.

I used to live with South Indians and some of them were as fair-skinned as me - not that I am that fair.:D

I think she looks pretty cute. Better looking than the average girls around anyways.
0f051c3fca34a5b00a4019cbd98dfffa.jpeg

I think she is prettier than most girls that I have seen around. I live in a multicultural city , so I see people from practically all parts of the world.

No Toronto. Actually quite a lot of good looking girls around.

Yet another "expert" on India.

We Indians don't give a damn to these ones.

Looks like a sore case of identity crisis.

He has probably begun to think of himself as a white American.

America has contingency plans of concentration camps for such people...

I am a White American you nitwit. And no my ancestry is Turkish not South Asian.

Also we have no concentration camps in America for American Citizens but we do throw illegal Aliens like yourself from India who break our immigration laws.

People like you with inferiority complex about your Brown skin called themselves tanned but you Ignorant people don't really know the meaning of the word.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom