What's new

Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India

lol ahh I see what you did there... lol Slick !

Anyways, sense of beauty is merely subjective. I am certain someone from south India would prefer south Indian looking models over the north Indian looking ones. There are 2 billion people in south Asia... a HUGE chunk of that population look ugly as fook (irrespective to where they are from).

Oh btw, that Punjabi thing that DESERT FIGHTER mentioned, it's bullsh!t. Considering the fact that South Indian actresses were very prominent throughout Bollywood. And Bengali actresses.

Punjabis rule through nepotism that's it.

The North East of India is completely neglected, but I have seen beautiful girls from there that beat the Punjabi actresses in Bollywood hands down.

Bollywood is not Indian cinema. We have our own regional cinemas.

@hadoken as a person from South India, we used to traditionally prefer more buxom women. 'More curves' if you will :D But we do have a lot of North indian actresses plying their trade.

It is narrow minded and ignorant to insult a region's people as ugly.

South Indians also contribute overwhelmingly to the sciences, academics, and knowledge based economy.

What we may lack in so called 'beauty' we make it up in brains.

Cultural compatibility plays a huge role in the attraction imo.

And the dominant discourse on what is considered attractive which is subject to culture. And then you have this played out on TV screens.

There has been a positive change from Nandita Das's campaign. I have noticed more darker skinned models appearing in ads, they are more visible in movies now.

There is now an increasing counter culture to this.

I think this is good

Yea Kashmir ought to be its own country eh :victory:

It is weird, I am not as emotionally invested in Kashmir as others. I wouldn't care if it becomes Independent.

Bias aside, I personally like Pahari women the most. Cultural compatibility plays a huge role in the attraction imo.

Of the Punjabi girls in my university, in terms of looks, they don't look that different from South Indians. Bollywood tend to attract the most good looking. One should be wary of extrapolating a genetic outlier and holding it as the norm

Yea Kashmir ought to be its own country eh :victory:

It's upto them to decide... Tht is our stance...

Oh btw, that Punjabi thing that DESERT FIGHTER mentioned, it's bullsh!t. Considering the fact that South Indian actresses were very prominent throughout Bollywood. And Bengali actresses.

Punjabis rule through nepotism that's it.

The North East of India is completely neglected, but I have seen beautiful girls from there that beat the Punjabi actresses in Bollywood hands down.

Bollywood is not Indian cinema. We have our own regional cinemas.

@hadoken as a person from South India, we used to traditionally prefer more buxom women. 'More curves' if you will :D But we do have a lot of North indian actresses plying their trade.

It is narrow minded and ignorant to insult a region's people as ugly.

South Indians also contribute overwhelmingly to the sciences, academics, and knowledge based economy.

What we may lack in so called 'beauty' we make it up in brains.

No offence but they are god damn wierd (lack of words)..

And the dominant discourse on what is considered attractive which is subject to culture. And then you have this played out on TV screens.

There has been a positive change from Nandita Das's campaign. I have noticed more darker skinned models appearing in ads, they are more visible in movies now.

There is now an increasing counter culture to this.

I think this is good

It is weird, I am not as emotionally invested in Kashmir as others. I wouldn't care if it becomes Independent.

Of the Punjabi girls in my university, in terms of looks, they don't look that different from South Indians. Bollywood tend to attract the most good looking. One should be wary of extrapolating a genetic outlier and holding it as the norm

Lol tell that to every single Indian dude who posts pictures of kareena kapoor /or who ever else (as you can tell I dont watch bollywood lol) and tires to pass her off as your every day Indian.

Lol tell that to every single Indian dude who posts pictures of kareena kapoor /or who ever else (as you can tell I dont watch bollywood lol) and tires to pass her off as your every day Indian.

Kareena Kapoor? F!CKING KAREENA KAPOOR?

But she is moderately attractive. And she is too pale.

Kareena Kapoor? F!CKING KAREENA KAPOOR?

But she is moderately attractive. And she is too pale.
I dont know much about hindi movies to be honest. The last time I watched an entire movie was probably something in the late 90s. I do not have the patience to sit through all the songs.

It's upto them to decide... Tht is our stance...

No offence but they are god damn wierd (lack of words)..

@DESERT FIGHTER I agree with you on that one.

But I am still glad I was born In Kerala and in South India. Less Hindu/Muslim bullsh!t as most of the parties there are tend to be atheistic in belief.

And we are proudly defined by our languages. in the 1960's there were riots against imposition of Hindi in South India.

And thank god for the rationalist political parties who are anti-caste.

I dont know much about hindi movies to be honest. The last time I watched an entire movie was probably something in the late 90s. I do not have the patience to sit through all the songs.

Well Bollywood and Indian cinema is utter sh!te.

@DESERT FIGHTER awesome Ernesto Guevara Avatar btw.

Last edited:
I Dnt give a damn abt ethnicity ... I like chicks frm all races if they r hot.. Jap,Chinese,African etc.. Heck even had a Indian gf when I was a teen..

This exist in Mexico too. I was dating a very light skinned Mexican girl. She went to Mexico city with a friend, they treated the darker girl like trash.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom