What's new

Fair? - A documentary about skin colour in India

This exist in Mexico too. I was dating a very light skinned Mexican girl. She went to Mexico city with a friend, they treated the darker girl like trash.

This happens in the Philipines as well as in Brazil too.

Yeah but unlike u I Dnt like fat chicks lol..

Just because I don't like the anorexic chicks with zero personality Bollywood churns out doesn't mean I like fat chicks.

This happens in the Philipines as well as in Brazil too.

Just because I don't like the anorexic chicks with zero personality Bollywood churns out doesn't mean I like fat chicks.
Lol.... It was a joke me kuttipali :D

Why are we talking about this "disease" only pertaining to India?

Have you seen the fetish for light fair skin in Indonesia? Almost all Indonesian models / actresses in their TV networks have a Chinese mix breed or Dutch heritage mix breed . Hardly would you see a dark skinned australoid Indonesian on prime spot.

Philippines - the same. Fair is better. Tan skinned or even dark skinned Filipinos on entertainment slots? Impossible.

Hong Kong - try telling any HK girl if she would like to be out on a hike on a sunny day - and she will pop out all types of anti-UV creams and cover herself head to toe - should she get tanned by a few shades of pantone color codes ! The funny thing is, if a HK Chinese (mostly western educated HK girls don't mind getting tanned) dates a Caucasian and goes around the town , locals would think she is a Filipina - just cuz her skin is a tad darker than usual.

China - (thank goodness they don't have a malaise for fair skin) though much of the population is fair, the attitude their is similar - Dark Skin / tan skin = lesser mortals, Fair Skin = Royalty . One can understand this coming from old days when peasants and farmers used to work out in the fields in harsh sun, whereas nobility were covered under shade. On the other hand, back in the late 90s, it was a fashion statement for Chinese corporates to hire ANY WHITE SKINNED westerner to appear as posterboys for meetings - just to show that their company had a white gwailo on their board (never mind if he/she knew zilch about corporate management..)

Singapore - anyone watched Channel News Asia and seen the EXTREMELY thick makeup their newsreaders splosh on their faces? I mean - these are already fair skinned ladies but they overdo it.

Sri Lanka - Burghers (community) treat themselves different and think of the majority dark S.Lankans as some color pigment miscalculation.

Middle East - how many of you have seen fair skinned Arabs treat darker skinned Afro-Arabics differently? You need to be honest with yourselves !

I don't DENY that this sickness of being fair is more of an Indian thing. It exists in India.. and it exists elsewhere . Let's not deny that !

^ Brah since most of us are SOUTH ASIANS , its more relevant t hat we speak about OUR SOCIAL ISSUES. Preferences of lighter skin tone exists every where like you mentioned... but how does that affect our society?

Aint nothing wrong with being self critical, homeboy.

^ Brah since most of us are SOUTH ASIANS , its more relevant t hat we speak about OUR SOCIAL ISSUES. Preferences of lighter skin tone exists every where like you mentioned... but how does that affect our society?

Hadoken, hujur ! I have been VERY critical of Indians to the detriment of many Bros here. I made my point in my post but as I stated very clearly in my last line.. I don't deny this issue is more of a case in India. I accept it :)

I don't have a problem with individiual [reference. But some ads, like a fair skinned girl getting a job, getting the guy and have a fulfilling life.

The message is, if you are dark skinned, you will have a lesser life.

I think the aim should be to devolve t from a cultural standpoint to more of an individual standpoint.

Its mostly the butt ugly people who hide behind the "collective beauty" of their nation and diss the "collective ugliness" of other nations. Its called butt ugly syndrome I think. You know who you are :lol:

Keep telling yourself that. You will remain an alien there, whatever you try. What pathetic retrads we have here who obsess about their skin color. To the Americans you are but a Muzlim Ayrab and will remain that. This is true inferiority complex, doing reverse hizarat to a kaffir crusader country.

And we have only contempt for people like you and their supposedly "egalitarian" ideology that shows its true colors in no time.

Whatever your "ancestry" (you claim yourself to be a Mughal "prince" when we know that all the "prices" were shot dead naked), we couldn't care less.

Just don't obsess with India, you and your ilk have nothing to do with our holy land. Go back to your desert and pastures.

America does have plans for you and your "holy places" and they won't give a second thought to execute them when the time comes.

Over the top reply dude.. calm down. This topic isn't about Anti-India / Anti-Pakistan rants. It is about color of skin inferiority complex in our nation (India)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom