What's new

FA-18 Super Hornets Elbowing MiG Out Of India Carrier Jet Race?

USA has stopped the production of F-18 sorry but F-18 not coming.

USA has stopped the production of F-18 sorry but F-18 not coming.

Not at the moment, Boeing seems to have orders until 2021.

The Boeing Co., St. Louis, Missouri, is awarded a ceiling priced $4,040,458,297 modification to convert a previously awarded advanced acquisition contract (N00019-18-C-1046) to a fixed-price-incentive-firm-target multi-year contract. The target price for this multi-year contract is $4,001,410,000. This modification provides for the full-rate production and delivery of 78 F/A-18 aircraft, specifically 61 F/A-18E and 17 F/A-18F aircraft for fiscal years 2018 through 2021.

https://news.usni.org/2019/03/21/42021

Not at the moment, Boeing seems to have orders until 2021.

https://news.usni.org/2019/03/21/42021

Indian order is too small to restart production and the production has been cut no new orders. India is not going to order till 2021. India is going to miss this window. F-35 has already replaced the jet in US allies. Yes India can buy second hand and get them modified but 2021 is too less time for India to order.

Measuring on the INS Vikrant drawing on my screen, the full length of the ship is 19,5 cm.
The width of the elevator is ~0,75 cm. The approximate width of the elevator is 0,75/19,5 x the length of the ship (262 m) = 10,07 meters.
As long as India does not redesign the elevators of the INS Vikrant, neither the Rafale nor the Super Hornet will fit. The proposed Boeing solution to fit was measured on an F/A-18A which is much smaller than the Super Hornet.

6D1B1D0C-6339-4E76-98F1-5DC7FD09829A.jpeg

Indian order is too small to restart production and the production has been cut no new orders. India is not going to order till 2021. India is going to miss this window. F-35 has already replaced the jet in US allies. Yes India can buy second hand and get them modified but 2021 is too less time for India to order.

No I really don't think India is going to buy any American fighter - period, full stop, fini...end of story :crazy_pilot:

No I really don't think India is going to buy any American fighter - period, full stop, fini...end of story :crazy_pilot:
It is not India going to buy or not. India don't has any available. F-18 will be out of production as India will take time to order. F-16 is a fighter where Pakistan has more experience. F-35 is allergic to S400. It only leaves F15.

Measuring on the INS Vikrant drawing on my screen, the full length of the ship is 19,5 cm.
The width of the elevator is ~0,75 cm. The approximate width of the elevator is 0,75/19,5 x the length of the ship (262 m) = 10,07 meters.
As long as India does not redesign the elevators of the INS Vikrant, neither the Rafale nor the Super Hornet will fit. The proposed Boeing solution to fit was measured on an F/A-18A which is much smaller than the Super Hornet.

View attachment 607400

So Boeing is wrong, your own stratpost source is wrong ..but your measurement of digital image of a model of the ship is correct. :lol:

Do we know if the model is to scale? Nope!
Do we know when the model was made? Nope!
Has there been any design changes to the ship over time? Yes several
So was this scale model made before the design was modified? hmm..not sure..

It is not India going to buy or not. India don't has any available. F-18 will be out of production as India will take time to order. F-16 is a fighter where Pakistan has more experience. F-35 is allergic to S400. It only leaves F15.

No like I said before India will get more Rafale's - I think their DM recently said fighter purchases will be staggered.
So more Rafale's over 10 years makes a lot of sense.. for them.

Frankly, I think India is locked into French/Russian fighters. Boeing , Lockheed , SAAB, Airbus etc are wasting their time in India.

No like I said before India will get more Rafale's - I think their DM recently said fighter purchases will be staggered.
So more Rafale's over 10 years makes a lot of sense.. for them.

Frankly, I think India is locked into French/Russian fighters. Boeing , Lockheed , SAAB, Airbus etc are wasting their time in India.
Maybe you should send them (LM) a letter to reconsider their customer location :-)

We can use some F-16s as well as market them again and again for you guys like we did on 27 Feb and Afghan war

IAF isn't keen on Russian fighters either. Lack of availability of spares, high maintenance costs and logistical issues have been a burden. Since there is a follow-on order option for 40 more Su-30MKI's as part of the initial deal, IAF may avail that since HAL has also expressed concern that HAL's Nashik facility responsible for MKI's production would go idle, provided if MoD supports it as well...unless it is modified to suit LCA's production

It would be utter foolishness to go with the F-15EX which is a heavy fighter when you have 200+ Su-30MKI's in the same class

Maybe you should send them (LM) a letter to reconsider their customer location :-)

We can use some F-16s as well as market them again and again for you guys like we did on 27 Feb and Afghan war

I have mixed feelings, on the one side Pakistan is directly responsible for the loss of many American lives in Afghanistan.On the other hand, I believe it is imperative to raise the cost of a conventional war to such an extent that the nuclear threshold is never breached. This requires maintaining conventional balance between India and Pakistan.

Fortunately some very clever people (I hope) in Washington are paid a lot of money to make these decisions.

I have mixed feelings, on the one side Pakistan is directly responsible for the loss of many American lives in Afghanistan.On the other hand, I believe it is imperative to raise the cost of a conventional war to such an extent that the nuclear threshold is never breached. This requires maintaining conventional balance between India and Pakistan.

Fortunately some very clever people (I hope) in Washington are paid a lot of money to make these decisions.
And China is so powerful vis-a-vis India that if it decides to attack India, then we would be incapable of retaliating since we have a no-first-use policy?

Pakistan, as you have admitted, has been the cause of loss of many American lives, and yet you have begun to support them.

And China is so powerful vis-a-vis India that if it decides to attack India, then we would be incapable of retaliating since we have a no-first-use policy?

Pakistan, as you have admitted, has been the cause of loss of many American lives, and yet you have begun to support them.

The conflict between India and China is unlikely to reach the nuclear tipping point.
With Pakistan on the other hand it is a very likely scenario.

Pakistani actors are undoubtedly responsible for the loss of American lives.
There is no real evidence of state culpability.

The conflict between India and China is unlikely to reach the nuclear tipping point.
With Pakistan on the other hand it is a very likely scenario.

Pakistani actors are undoubtedly responsible for the loss of American lives.
There is no real evidence of state culpability.
I was expecting this kind of an answer from most folks, nothing special as such, but anyways... Good day!

Back
Top Bottom