What's new

FA-18 Super Hornets Elbowing MiG Out Of India Carrier Jet Race?

Now if u take f18 config due to its a catapult launched bird it have strengthened nose wheel and landing system in other word's it's a nose heavy aircraft where mig29k uses ski jump so it don't need much strengthening as f18

Except many countries use F-18 without an aircraft carrier, so Boeing already has experience making versions of F-18 not requiring additional equipment for the catapult.

Except many countries use F-18 without an aircraft carrier, so Boeing already has experience making versions of F-18 not requiring additional equipment for the catapult.
That version only have one difference the catapult launch attachment removed so for land based one removing that part and adding a balist weight will help to keep center of mass in changed but reconfiguring it for ski jump entirely different game, there is so many aerodynamic simulation software's try on it u can understand the physics behind on what I said

Also super hornet sold to ausi are vanilla they still have same catapult attachments used in us navy

Last edited:
source? Or did you pull this out of thin air?
That is a well known fact which has been discussed multiple times on PDF.
Just search through my postings.
I am not going to repeat them for You.

That is a well known fact which has been discussed multiple times on PDF.
Just search through my postings.
I am not going to repeat them for You.
And you're no expert on that F/A 18 didn't fit in the hanger or lifts on Indian Aircraft Carrier, If F/A 18 didn't fit Indian Aircraft Carrier than tell me why Boeing putting F/A 18 to IN carrier contest, Please answer me

Where did you get this info from? Boeing is actively trying to get this order, already found it's Indian partners for it. Boeing is also trying to validate the design for ski jump platform. They wouldnt waste all this time if it couldnt operate on Vikrant. IN isnt so happy with MIG29Ks.

You would be surprised by what facts gets ignored by senior management when they negotiate a big deal.
Where did you get this info from? Boeing is actively trying to get this order, already found it's Indian partners for it. Boeing is also trying to validate the design for ski jump platform. They wouldnt waste all this time if it couldnt operate on Vikrant. IN isnt so happy with MIG29Ks.

The lifts of the Vikrant are 10x14 meters, and you want a margin of approximately a meter on each side.
The F/A-18E/F has a wingspan of 32,6’ or 9,93 meter giving a margin on each side of 3,5 cm.

94FE9639-5B9D-4473-B7BE-0B401061994D.jpeg

You would be surprised by what facts gets ignored by senior management when they negotiate a big deal.

The lifts of the Vikrant are 10x14 meters, and you want a margin of approximately a meter on each side.
The F/A-18E/F has a wingspan of 32,6’ or 9,93 meter giving a margin on each side of 3,5 cm.

View attachment 607264

Did you miss my earlier post? Below is a direct quote from the Boeing Program Manager. After working closely with the Indian Navy he claims the Super Hornet as built today can operate from all Indian Carrier.

Do we believe him or you?:lol:

Where did you get the dimensions for the INS Vikrant elevators? The source for your 10x14 m claim please.

"We've done a lot of simulation work with the Indian Navy to better understand their requirements and we fill comfortable that the Super Hornet can operate from all their carriers, both the ones fielded today and the ones in the future... We think we can move around the deck, be very mission capable with a relevant weapons load-out and fuel load-out to give the Navy what they need... The Super Hornet as built today can operate from Indian carriers.
Dan Gillian, VP of the Super Hornet program.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...compatible-with-indian-navy-ski-jump-carriers

Did you miss my earlier post? Below is a direct quote from the Boeing Program Manager. After working closely with the Indian Navy he claims the Super Hornet as built today can operate from all Indian Carrier.

Do we believe him or you?:lol:

Where did you get the dimensions for the INS Vikrant elevators? The source for your 10x14 m claim please.

Dan Gillian, VP of the Super Hornet program.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zo...compatible-with-indian-navy-ski-jump-carriers

You can choose to believe me, or the manager of the company that gave us the 737-Max...

The sources has been published several times on PDF.
I don’t care if You can’t find them. You have proved that you are not worth the effort.
INS Vikrant was designed and built for the much smaller MiG-29K and Naval Tejas.
Now the Inidian Navy are in trouble. The Rafale wont fit either since it has folding wings.
Both the Super Hornet and Rafale needs engineering work to fit, or Vikrants elevators need to be enlarged.

You can choose to believe me, or the manager of the company that gave us the 737-Max...

The sources has been published several times on PDF.
I don’t care if You can’t find them. You have proved that you are not worth the effort.
INS Vikrant was designed and built for the much smaller MiG-29K and Naval Tejas.
Now the Inidian Navy are in trouble. The Rafale wont fit either since it has folding wings.
Both the Super Hornet and Rafale needs engineering work to fit, or Vikrants elevators need to be enlarged.

In other words you made it up..ok got it thanks :wave:

In other words you made it up..ok got it thanks :wave:
You are free to believe whatever You want.
It will just make you a bigger fool.
A real Think Tank would find out the size of the elevator for himself
instead of producing hot air.

You are free to believe whatever You want.
It will just make you a bigger fool.
A real Think Tank would find out the size of the elevator for himself
instead of producing hot air.

I did look for the dimensions for the INS Vikrant elevator but did not find any public reference to Project 71 specs.
I even checked with my Indian friends and they tell me there is no reliable public reference.
That is when I was sure you lied again. You made it up and now you can't accept it.

A man with no integrity ...what a surprise....and I am not a "himself". You can't get anything right can you?

I did look for the dimensions for the INS Vikrant elevator but did not find any public reference to Project 71 specs.
I even checked with my Indian friends and they tell me there is no reliable public reference.
That is when I was sure you lied again. You made it up and now you can't accept it.

A man with no integrity ...what a surprise....and I am not a "himself". You can't get anything right can you?

Yes, you fail again, and continue to make a fool out of yourself...
You are on ignore from now on.

E4BB9704-68AC-4169-8D63-1B99F831C8FE.jpeg

Wow you are desperate :rofl:

You deliberately took a screen shot because you did not want to reveal your source - because your source is an unknown Indian journalist on Startpost.

Not to worry, I found your source. Notice how your dubious source claims Boeing already has a solution for the problem.

As I said earlier you are here on a mission to discredit rivals of the Gripen.

You are one nasty piece of work...Yes please add me to your ignore list...

The real ‘show stopper’ for the entire MRCBF requirement, however, is the configuration of IAC-1. Unlike Vikramaditya, and like most contemporary carriers, the aircraft lifts on IAC-1 are positioned on the starboard edge of the deck allowing longer aircraft to ‘hang out’ over the water with only their landing gear on the platform. But because the carrier was designed around an air wing of MiG-29Ks and Naval LCAs, the lifts were sized for wingspans no larger than eight metres. 10 x 14 metres, to be precise. While MiG-29Ks and N-LCAs can fit on these lifts with parts of their noses or empennages hanging over the edges, the Super Hornet and Rafale once again cannot.

Both Boeing and Dassault are apparently working on solutions to allow their aircraft to fit the lifts. Sources close to the programme said that Boeing is considering a system that would allow the Super Horner to sit canted on the lift, the tilt of the (folded) wings thereby resulting in a slightly shorter overall span measured parallel to the deck. With its fixed wings, the Rafale cannot offer such a solution, and Dassault is understood to be exploring a detachable wingtip, although this involves greater engineering and certification challenges.
https://stratpost.com/failure-to-launch/5/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom