What's new

Eye Opener | An Indian-American Visits Pakistan.

History unfortunately has given Indian and Pakistan varying reasons for hostility. It is sad to see two nations with so much in common, distrust and, in general hate each other

This isn't a new article, it was posted on this forum last year. Debated thoroughly. Maybe you as someone in Pakistan don't get this, we in India don't have armed guards for ordinary people. To suggest somehow that a place requiring armed guards for someone visiting is just another normal place is a bit of a stretch. The incongruity was pointed out. That's all.

@JaCkdraws @Bang Galore
Unlike your country, Pakistan still has something called feudalism in every region of Pakistan...these people keep guards as a sign of being called big(elite) people...you can say symbol of pride.

P.S I hate this feudalism thing & i think it should be rooted out...atleast from cities having over 500K population

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone else see the irony? He had armed guards pick him up. And he praises how safe it is.

Armed guards are not unusual thing here - It's symbol of status in Sindh, Baluchistan and Punjab and guns are considered jewlery of Men in rural areas of KPK & FATA/PATA

This isn't a new article, it was posted on this forum last year. Debated thoroughly. Maybe you as someone in Pakistan don't get this, we in India don't have armed guards for ordinary people. To suggest somehow that a place requiring armed guards for someone visiting is just another normal place is a bit of a stretch. The incongruity was pointed out. That's all.

Well, it was less about the person visiting and more about who's guest that person was;

You get sh!t loads of money in Pakistan, you buy a Vigo and fill it to the brim with armed guards. That's how you show people that you have more than you know how to spend. You can identify new money, feudal land owners and politicians in office this way. I know a guy who's guards follow his 911 in a Porsche Cayenne. The funny bit is that the guards are impotent. Had the author been visiting me he would have had to carry his luggage to the car himself. Quite a few people visit Pakistan every year, a hand full get armed guards. And trust me, no one would go get guards especially for a visiting friend, that's just stupid.

Regardless, the guy makes it a point to clarify his take on the atmosphere irrespective of the guards. Also tells you about kids playing in the parks.

Like I said, if one but chooses to acknowledge and accept.

ps: I know it's old, but I wasn't present there for the debate, neither am I responsible for anyone else's lack of argumentative skills. And since the point has been raised here again, I will answer it.

I'm an American and i dont keep guards. It's like a billboard to have guards, as they say in Urdu. " Aa bail mujhe maar". It's just showing off, these guards wont save you in the event you get hit. Heck how would they the reaction time would be enough for the attackers to subdue the guards and reach their target.

One thing I like about India is the unavailibility of guns. This has kept them away from the menace of the gun culture pakistan suffers from.

LOL It actually is other way around.

Are you a born dumbo or what ? The kids in the pic are pakistanis while the guy is Indian who is the author of the piece in OP. Or are you disowning those kids like you disowned your dead soldiers in kargil ?:rofl::pakistan:

This is a fact that we r more good looking and fair then ur kind.

Rofl.gif

Lol probably my arse looks much fairer and better looking than your face if being fair is anything to brag about . And only imbecile girls like you think that fair means good looking .:lol:

In reality when you meet people from each others country you will find they are very similar to you; with a shared background, similar views, many cases similar diets and culture, and at the end of the day they are more concerned with making a better life for themselves and their families rather than trying to destroy each others country.

In contrast on online forums the arm chair warriors rule the roost :)

In short, we should increasing travelling between both countries. So we forget about destroying each other..
Right

Well, it was less about the person visiting and more about who's guest that person was;

You get sh!t loads of money in Pakistan, you buy a Vigo and fill it to the brim with armed guards. That's how you show people that you have more than you know how to spend. You can identify new money, feudal land owners and politicians in office this way. I know a guy who's guards follow his 911 in a Porsche Cayenne. The funny bit is that the guards are impotent. Had the author been visiting me he would have had to carry his luggage to the car himself. Quite a few people visit Pakistan every year, a hand full get armed guards. And trust me, no one would go get guards especially for a visiting friend, that's just stupid.

Regardless, the guy makes it a point to clarify his take on the atmosphere irrespective of the guards. Also tells you about kids playing in the parks.

Like I said, if one but chooses to acknowledge and accept.

ps: I know it's old, but I wasn't present there for the debate, neither am I responsible for anyone else's lack of argumentative skills. And since the point has been raised here again, I will answer it.

One last point, I don't wish to labour the issue any more than necessary. The author was Indian and he was supposedly worried about personal safety before he got to Pakistan. To then kind of gloss over the sight of armed guards meeting him at the airport(strange to Indians no matter how common it is to Pakistanis) opens him to the charge of trying a little too hard. Anything else he said would be seen through those very same glasses. The substance of the argument put forth has been discussed and there is no point revisiting it but the glossing over of this particular point is pretty ironical.

Are you a born dumbo or what ? The kids in the pic are pakistanis while the guy is Indian who is the author of the piece in OP. Or are you disowning those kids like you disowned your dead soldiers in kargil ?:rofl::pakistan:

Rofl.gif

Lol probably my arse looks much fairer and better looking than your face if being fair is anything to brag about . And only imbecile girls like you think that fair means good looking .:lol:

Post your picture.

LOL It actually is other way around.

This is a fact that we r more good looking and fair then ur kind.

Being more fair has nothing to do with good looking. Nor does it reveal any tangible benefit.
@FCPX Is there a way to give a 1000 thanks for your comment, so true

Last edited by a moderator:
What stupid derailing to who looks fairer. As if that matters.

Back
Top Bottom