What's new

Eye Opener | An Indian-American Visits Pakistan.

If anything, forums such as these do a good job in convincing us that there are similar people like us in Pakistan as well.

Because its easy to read in between the lines through the cyber bluster.

I do not think its got anything to do with being a musalman. It is the common Hindu heritage shared by people of the subcontinent. A heritage that goes back over 5000 years.

Atithi devo bhava.

Chal bay "Hindu Heritage" --- It's regional heritage & traditions - every region has it's own tradition and way of hospitality i.e. Punjab's tradition are different from KPK or Sindh or Baluchistan aur wiasay bhi hum Pakistani baray dil walay hain. :pakistan:

Chal bay "Hindu Heritage" --- It's regional heritage & traditions - every region has it's own tradition and way of hospitality. Punjab's tradition are different from KPK or Sindh or Baluchistan aur wiasay bhi hum Pakistani baray dil walay hain. :pakistan:

All Hindu to start with. Or Persian. Either way the hospitality tradition far predates Islam or what it brought in as its own ideas of hospitality.

The regionalism would come in regarding how the hospitality is meted out. The customs. The traditions and rituals. The kind of food offered, social mores.

But the ideology behind the hospitality of the subcontinent comes from deep rooted Hindu traditions and beliefs with regards to guests that goes back to ancient times. Its is definitely not new, nor is it unique to either a new nation state, or a new faith.

All Hindu to start with. Or Persian. Either way the hospitality tradition far predates Islam or what it brought in as its own ideas of hospitality.

The regionalism would come in regarding how the hospitality is meted out. The customs. The traditions and rituals. The kind of food offered, social mores.

But the ideology behind the hospitality of the subcontinent comes from deep rooted Hindu traditions and beliefs with regards to guests that goes back to ancient times. Its is definitely not new, nor is it unique to either a new nation state, or a new faith.

What is "all Hindu" to start with, is hospitality introduced to world by Hindus? And where in my post there is any mention of word Islam? I don't know why you guys have that much inferiority complex that you have link everything in world with Hinduism & "India" - grow up

What is "all Hindu" to start with, is hospitality introduced to world by Hindus? And where in my post there is any mention of word Islam? I don't know why you guys have that much inferiority complex that you have link everything in world with Hinduism & "India" - grow up

Bhai saab you jumped into the discussion. Please see the context. I was commenting to an Indian member who said khatirdari musalmanon ki best hai.

To maine kaha ki isme musalman hone ka koi contribution nahin hai, kyunki yeh khatirdari purane time se aati chale aa rahi hai.

From a time when the entire populace was Hindu. Till as recently as 1000 years ago.

Hope that clears things for you. There is no inferiority or superiority in recognizing that what you and I both have has come from ancient traditions and culture. Hospitality may not have been introduced to the entire world by Hindus. But it was definitely its legacy to the people of the subcontinent. Which is what we are talking about and discussing here.

Bhai saab you jumped into the discussion. Please see the context. I was commenting to an Indian member who said khatirdari musalmanon ki best hai.

To maine kaha ki isme musalman hone ka koi contribution nahin hai, kyunki yeh khatirdari purane time se aati chale aa rahi hai.

Someone praised Muslims and you went bonkers over it - What is this called?

From a time when the entire populace was Hindu. Till as recently as 1000 years ago.

Hope that clears things for you. There is no inferiority or superiority in recognizing that what you and I both have has come from ancient traditions and culture. Hospitality may not have been introduced to the entire world by Hindus. But it was definitely its legacy to the people of the subcontinent. Which is what we are talking about and discussing here.

As of now archeological findings suggest that there were two civilization in sub-continent and earliest religion of IVC is not proven yet - so, hold your horse unless your claims are proven and talk about current era.

Someone praised Muslims and you went bonkers over it - What is this called?

Correcting misperceptions and putting ones view forward is not going bonkers. You could probably give Muslims and Islam the credit if the concept of khatirdari (mehman nawazi) came to the subcontinent with Islam and was unheard of till then. Or if there was a stark difference between the Hindu and Muslim populations of the subcontinent on that score today.

If the answer to both is a no, then it stands to reason that this khatirdari is part of our shared culture. And hence comes from our shared original faith. Which modeled that culture.

As of now archeological findings suggest that there were two civilization in sub-continent and earliest religion of IVC is not proven yet - so, hold your horse unless your claims are proven and talk about current era.

The entire subcontinent whether you buy into the OIT or the AIT evolved along Vedic lines. Hinduism being the blanket term given by the West. Sanatan Dharma is what we call it. That is a documented period of 5000 years. The IVC shares many Aryanic symbols common to both ancient Persian and ancient Indian civilizations. It could have been a cusp civilization between the two. It could have been wholly Dravidian as many have postulated (with a lot of anthropological and linguistic cues).

Either way, eventually it was all Hindu, and had been so for a few thousand years post the demise/dissolution/absorption/mass migration of the IVC.

So where does the Muslim part come in within this entire matrix?

That was my limited point. Without "going bonkers."

Gaurds, pickup trucks, Aitchison college, poolside, beers. If you indians come to my place you might just get to experience 1 of those things hanging out with me. If you don't have fun hanging out with the 1% of ANY country then there is something seriously wrong with you.

This guy needs to visit the North West with me, I'll even leave him alone to criss cross it. If he has anything other than an amazing experience, I'll shoot myself! :D

Once he gets the feel of it, then he can visit my place in Peshawar! :woot:

There are certainly other challenges. Terrorism and gangsterism are very real problems, and they are alive and well in Pakistan, especially in the rough terrain of the Northwest Frontier region ruled by tribal militias and their blood feuds. The army continues to play an outsized role in government, and there are not yet any better options as the civilian leaders are mostly compromised by business interests and cronyism in a land where feudal tendencies appear time and again. But even these problems can be overcome by bringing Pakistan deeper into the community of nations, and further integrating Pakistan into world markets. India and the United States for their part can do more to help bring this about. I am convinced that instead of the delicate dance the three nations have done around each other since 1947, it is time for all to become closer friends and drop the pretexts for moving backward instead of forward. What I saw in Pakistan more than the perils, is great potential.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...n-american-visits-pakistan.html#ixzz2i9qUF02y

Correcting misperceptions and putting ones view forward is not going bonkers. You could probably give Muslims and Islam the credit if the concept of khatirdari (mehman nawazi) came to the subcontinent with Islam and was unheard of till then. Or if there was a stark difference between the Hindu and Muslim populations of the subcontinent on that score today.

If the answer to both is a no, then it stands to reason that this khatirdari is part of our shared culture. And hence comes from our shared original faith. Which modeled that culture.

LOL!!! On one hand you are saying it's shared culture and on other hand you are saying it's Hindu culture.

The entire subcontinent whether you buy into the OIT or the AIT evolved along Vedic lines. Hinduism being the blanket term given by the West. Sanatan Dharma is what we call it. That is a documented period of 5000 years. The IVC shares many Aryanic symbols common to both ancient Persian and ancient Indian civilizations. It could have been a cusp civilization between the two. It could have been wholly Dravidian as many have postulated (with a lot of anthropological and linguistic cues).

Either way, eventually it was all Hindu, and had been so for a few thousand years post the demise/dissolution/absorption/mass migration of the IVC.

So where does the Muslim part come in within this entire matrix?

That was my limited point. Without "going bonkers."

1) I am not buying your story 2) He probably is sharing his experience which has nothing to do with your Vedas or Islam 3) If you want to go back into ancient history than Humans came from Africa, so it's African tradition

LOL!!! On one hand you are saying it's shared culture and on other hand you are saying it's Hindu culture.

We Indians love eating pizza. Everywhere you have local pizza redi wallas. Most kiddie parties have pizza standard.

Pizzas are an Indian dish.

But wait. Before that, millions of Italians migrated to the US and made it their home. They became Americans. No longer Italians.

They brought their pizzas with them.

Pizzas must thus be American.

Back
Top Bottom