What's new

Eye Opener: An Indian-American Visits Pakistan

May be the example you quoted is right, but that cannot be called a general rule. So may be the lady who was rejected the visa might have any other flaw in the documents.

It's very possible. I don't deny that.
I will say this though, if you travelled to the US, you would be pulled out of the security line for 'random' checks more than me:-). And I do get pulled aside more than average. Must be this beard I sport occasionally:-). If even Shah Rukh Khan was not spared......

They were beasts! 500cc of pure muscle! Yeah bikes are really popular here.

The shoe fits, red and written in some Indian script. Probably registered in Nepal then.

Are Nepal registered vehicles allowed to move in India without refrigeration? Can they be sold on the same registration?

Very often these bikes are bought in Nepal by the Gora riders, who will ride it across India. No cop ought to prosecute a Nepali regd. bike when visas for the riders are in place.

Did you get a chance to ride these bikes? I currently have a slightly faster, bigger version , the Enfield Lightning 535.

Very often these bikes are bought in Nepal by the Gora riders, who will ride it across India. No cop ought to prosecute a Nepali regd. bike when visas for the riders are in place.

Did you get a chance to ride these bikes? I currently have a slightly faster, bigger version , the Enfield Lightning 535.

Unfortunately No, I had just met these guys and it would have seemed quite strange if I had asked to ride their bikes. I had to content myself with observing them from a distance. They make quite a racket but it goes well with the bike.

The arm guards are there because of the security situation. It is very regrettable and, yes, Pakistan is not 'typical' tourist destination. It can't be so long as there is the New Great Game playing in and around Pakistan.

But that still should not take away from appreciating the semblance of normal life, the hospitality, the vibrant culture, the sumptuous cuisine...

I am married to an American who could be called a blonde (not the dumb kind though!). She went to Karachi with me in 2005. She had the time of her life. Unforgettable experience. And, yes, in a good sense. In 2005 the WOT had not reached deep into Pakistan. But we still protected her. Not with arm-guards. But followed common-sense: Wear local clothes. In conservative parts of the city we had her cover her head. Yet she was never bothered by anyone. On the contrary. There can be many examples of hospitality extended to her. In the bakery of the Pearl Continental hotel the manager offered her some items because she was 'an honored guest' of Pakistan. She is a changed person since then, especially coming from her background in rural South. And, no, I have never bothered about the religious matters with her--she remains a Baptist.

I have always thought there are, all said and told, only two kind of people: Those who travel and those who stay home. The OP is a classic, positive example of the former kind.

Video follows: My American wife on Karachi beach.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is funny

Last edited by a moderator:
Indians--of all foreigners--should be the least worried in most of Pakistan! The violence in Pakistan--other than related to the WOT-- is like the violence in northern Mexico: Gangs and petty crimes. And they don't discriminate. I -really- don't think the gangs would care who they are after: It's the money they are after. I don't think Indians would stand out much as 'foreigners' or even rich.

In some way, the violent crimes for money or sectarian reasons in parts of Pakistan, especially in Karachi, is worse for Pakistan's image and its economy than (now thankfully declining) attacks by the militants.

Last Year, My cousin went to Panja Sahib In Pakistan. He was amazed by the hospitality of Pakistani's. Few days back, he applied for Visa at Canadian Embassy but he was declined Visa, as he had Visited Pakistan. They questioned him why he went there etc etc. At present, the Image of Pakistan is bad in International Community, as most of the terrorist plots leads to Pakistan. Therefore, one should refrain from visiting there.

In future, once the things improve one can visit Pakistan :tup:

that's the issue with most of my wife's side relatives.. as they are Sindhi and lived in Sukkur b4 1947 and they still have relatives and some religious places there.. but they can't dare to visit, bocs once they get Pakistani Visa on their passport , it is next to impossible to get visa for western countries as they travel for business purpose.

Everyone has story to tell.....I was never refused visa to any western country just for my so many visits to pak.or is it the story u r making up.

ajtr this is true scenario now a days .. I know because we have visitors to Pakistan very often and many people are not getting USA visa now.. this is true that when they deny your visa they never tell you reason .. they just do it.. but this is speculation which is very near to reality ..

Everyone has story to tell.....I was never refused visa to any western country just for my so many visits to pak.or is it the story u r making up.

you know how it goes in our country when visa is refused to any western country. yar main ne shave nehe ke thi is lye, visa officer keh raha tha nice beard main usi waqt samjh gya visa nehe dega. he forgot to mention forged documents he provided for visa.

Back
Top Bottom