What's new

External debt, liabilities down by $1.3 billion in first half fiscal year 2015

don't bring your values and racism at this forum, discuss it in your gathering please.
Bari aaj lagi hay and btw how does that roughly translates into a racism, naswar is not attached to a particular ethnic group.

we should rely on PTI economics, no govt projects, no roads, no power plants, no infrastructure projects, no taxes, no privatization....only provide relief to public...freaking geniuses
Planting trees would, as it fuels to economy of timber mafia. Something called timberonomics.

If you got eyes then you should see who started personal attack first. It was your friend and when someone will personally attack me then I will definitely respond.

Why don't you get mature and stop quoting me because again and again you tell me that I am done with you but after a minute you again quote me :D

I hope too that moderators take action against you and your friend.

Young junoon really?

:D Get mature first because if you guys won't do personal attack first then you won't get harsh words in response.

I shouldn't respond to you, clearly you need to see doctor, but I will offer clarification. You start abusing 2 other members because someone else personally attacked you? What idiocy is this. If someone hits you, are you going to hit everyone? And I have no friends here. I reported him as well for swearing, though I see that you brought the whole *** thing first. Still i reported him.

Grow up and accept that you were abusing other members. Just because if someone abuses you, it doesn't mean you abuse them back. You report them. This came out of nowhere "Funny thing is that these 3 morons don't know anything regarding Pakistan economy but still fighting like slaves." and it is one small example. You go around the forums calling others dog, morons and many other things and yet you still justify this? Get a grip.

I shouldn't respond to you, clearly you need to see doctor, but I will offer clarification. You start abusing 2 other members because someone else personally attacked you? What idiocy is this. If someone hits you, are you going to hit everyone? And I have no friends here. I reported him as well for swearing, though I see that you brought the whole *** thing first. Still i reported him.

Grow up and accept that you were abusing other members. Just because if someone abuses you, it doesn't mean you abuse them back. You report them. This came out of nowhere "Funny thing is that these 3 morons don't know anything regarding Pakistan economy but still fighting like slaves." and it is one small example. You go around the forums calling others dog, morons and many other things and yet you still justify this? Get a grip.

You grow up and get lost because you again and again say that you are done with me but again you quote me. Your friend started personal attack first. We are on three threads not one.

Look why don't you and your friends stop it? I just presented a logic and proved it while your friend started doing personal attack despite the fact that I didn't talked to him I was talking to you he started personal attack first by saing something like this "you won't understand it".

You grow up and get lost because you again and again say that you are done with me but again you quote me. Your friend started personal attack first. We are on three threads not one.

Look why don't you and your friends stop it? I just presented a logic and proved it while your friend started doing personal attack despite the fact that I didn't talked to him I was talking to you he started personal attack first by saing something like this "you won't understand it".
"You won't understand it" is a personal attack?

Ok. Have fun young man. He's not my friend and I can't stop him. I reported him right after I reported you. I hope you can get that through your skull.

"You won't understand it" is a personal attack?

Ok. Have fun young man. He's not my friend and I can't stop him. I reported him right after I reported you. I hope you can get that through your skull.

Man see if you want to carry on here talking etc with me then we can do it without doing personal attacks and if not then i don't have any problem.

I clearly wrote that we are on 3 threads and I have old feud with this guy here, we previously have fought here so leave that guy because I don't want to get into that anymore. I will clear my matter with him my way. The fact is that he started personal attack first and he is constantly leading it towards a fight.

Last edited:
So is it wise initiative to take debt and make increase Foreign exchange reserves?
It means u should subtract foreign reserves from loan and thn compare with past govt. Although there are many more methods of comparing govt progress but more complex.

Pakistan''s external debt and liabilities posted $1.3 billion decline during first half of the current fiscal year, despite an increase in loan disbursements. The federal government successfully raised some $1 billion from the issuance of a 5-year Sukuk in the international market in November 2014.

While, the country also received three tranches amounting $1.607 billion from the International Monetary Fund (IMF) during first half of the current fiscal year under Extended Fund Facility (EFF) to build its depleting forex reserves. However, despite some increase in loan disbursements, overall stocks of foreign debt and liabilities are witnessing downward trend.

Bankers said that current decline in the stocks of debt and liabilities occurred due to payback of public debt and secondly, a notable fall in the external liabilities. "During the period under review, payback of government debt and massive repayments to IMF on account of different programmes mainly Standby Arrangement (SBA )- a programme obtained in November 2008 to avoid default - have resulted in sharp fall in the external debt and liabilities," they added.

According to State Bank of Pakistan (SBP), the stocks of external debt and liabilities have posted a 2 percent decline during July-December FY15. With current fall, Pakistan''s total external debt and liabilities stood at $64.34 billion as on December 31, 2014 compared to $65.64 billion as on June 30, 2014, depicting a decline of $1.3 billion. The total stocks of debt and liabilities comprise public debt, foreign exchange liabilities, Public Sector Enterprises (PSE) guaranteed debt, PSE non-guaranteed debt, scheduled banks'' borrowing, private guaranteed and non-guaranteed debt and debt liabilities to direct investors.

This decrease in external debt and liabilities has mainly originated from public debt, which registered some $1.28 billion fall to reach $53.545 billion at the end of first half of this fiscal year. Public sector debt included long-term and short-term government debt, IMF debt and foreign exchange liabilities.

Detailed analysis revealed that although during the first half of the current fiscal year, Pakistan paid back some $874 million to IMF on account of different programmes, its debt portfolio has surged by some $548 million mainly due to fresh disbursement under EFF programme.

Similarly, with $316 million surge, Public Sector Enterprises (PSEs) debt reached $2.425 billion in December 2014, up from $2.109 billion in June 2014. The scheduled banks borrowing mounted to $2.252 billion as on December 31, 2014 as against $1.989 billion as on June 30, 2014, depicting an increase of $263 million. In addition, during the period under review, private sector debt increased to $3.064 billion. Debt liabilities to direct investors witnessed downward trend and fell by $693 million to $3.053 billion in December 2014.
External debt, liabilities down by $1.3 billion in first half fiscal year 2015 | Business Recorder

Where are the nay sayers:sniper:

is that figures coming from ishaq dollar who lied in parliament about growth rate ??

So is it wise initiative to take debt and make increase Foreign exchange reserves?
Debt as taken keeping in view your gdp or ur ability to pay back otherwise even lender with not give u

If this govt should be compared with any govt then it would be musharraf reign but can't be compared with it because it is not that good enough to be compared with musharraf reign.

Compare with musharraf reign
This is the reason most of the people still say that Gen. Musharraf tenure was better than these two. But we must see that how much our foreign reserves were just after 'delayed' payment when his tenure finished.

Listen, General Musharraf took foreign reserves from $2+ billion to 9$ in 2007 means more then 400% and one thing more that you should know that Musharraf didn't took loans and added that into foreign exchange reserve like this govt. Just have a look at musharraf entire tenure and see how much loans he took in 8 years and how much loans this govt took in 1.5 years. This govt has only added foreign exchange reserves by taking loans not by saving money. More then 15$ billion loan has been taken yet.

Musharraf tenure isn't considered good in Pakistan only but worldwide it is considered as the best in the history of Pakistan. He took GDP growth to 7% while this govt reached 3.3% in 2013 less then 3.7% in 2012 and for 2014 IMF has predicted 4.1% and for 2015 IMF has predicted Pakistan GDP growth at 4.3%.

Musharraf did spent lot of money on infrastructure and other things not only added foreign exchange reserve. Musharraf took the economy from 65$ to 170$ billion almost tripled the economy in 8 years and took exports from 7$ to 22$ billion in 8 years. Musharraf created 13 million jobs in his tenure. He took a nearly bankrupt country and make it perform well. When he took change Pakistan Public debt to GDP was nearly 100% and when he left it was about 50%. In Musharraf tenure Pakistan GDP per capita was higher then india. In his tenure Pakistan was not a lower middle income country because in 2007 it was considered as upper middle income country.

After musharraf left Pakistan didn't progressed. I shall give you a simple example that in 2007 Pakistan GDP per capita was 929$ and China GDP per capita was 2651$ and for 2013 Pakistan GDP per capita was 1275$ and China GDP per capita was 6807$. It clearly shows that Pakistan didn't progressed after musharraf tenure. After musharraf tenure Pakistan economy grew by just hyper inflation and a shameful GDP growth.

Musharraf performance with the others after him is just like comparing Mercedes C180 Automatic with Toyota X.L.I Manual
:D
Yes i told you many people believe Gen Musharraf time was better. Although his policies ruined roots of Pakistan and because of that we are still suffering. One more thing that when Zardari govt took over they had to fulfill delayed/deferred payments worth of billion of dollars. Same happened when PM Nawaz govt took over...
Gen. Musharraf was a good manager but worst politician. His downfall started when he entered the dirt arena of Pakistan politics!

P.S on many parts i do agree with you

Yes i told you many people believe Gen Musharraf time was better. Although his policies ruined roots of Pakistan and because of that we are still suffering. One more thing that when Zardari govt took over they had to fulfill delayed/deferred payments worth of billion of dollars. Same happened when PM Nawaz govt took over...
Gen. Musharraf was a good manager but worst politician. His downfall started when he entered the dirt arena of Pakistan politics!

P.S on many parts i do agree with you
one of his PM policy was to use furnance oil to produce electricity.

You see where that got us?

Because you deserve to be shut up like this you pathetic vixen.

Go away kiddo as always run.

I thought I heard everything but I didnt know you can shut someone up by being stupid, your invention?
p.s. I am still waiting hear about your economic achievements :bounce:

@xyxmt ask this guy he is a die-hard fan of this govt. :D

these are the people who believe a moron saying anything on the stage, "Pakistan se pichley 4 saloon main 126 billion dollar corruption ka paisa bahir gya hay, and like Altaf's audiences these stupid kids believe everything that moron says...Pakistanion ke $200 billion swiss acocunt main perha hay na?, hay na?
stupids follow stupid there is no mystery in it.

I think Imran is a bigger economist than you :rofl:

Bari aaj lagi hay and btw how does that roughly translates into a racism, naswar is not attached to a particular ethnic group..
Are you stupid? o_O Everyone knows that naswar is attached to pathans and it is an ethnic group if you didnt know that aswell

one of his PM policy was to use furnance oil to produce electricity.

You see where that got us?
The biggest mistake was not to add up electricity in the grid with economy growing 5-6% YoY which warranted a growth of 15-16% YoY in energy production.Not to mention fueling the credit bubble which came down bearing upon us in 2008 as the interest rates increased with inflation and lending went bad.

Back
Top Bottom