What's new

External debt, liabilities down by $1.3 billion in first half fiscal year 2015

And then we wonder where the funding for our terrorists come from :unsure:

:offpost: ....I have NO idea what your post means. We were talking about investment in Pakistan....and that the current government has done a good job in selling Pakistani market to other countries. Like Indian PM Rao and Singh did, starting in 90's till a few years ago. You took ONE line from my entire post and twisted it into a whole different topic. What does an economic / national debt related post has to do with terrorism funding???

Also, you should ask IK and the previous military generals where the terrorist funding came from......IK stood up for Talibans (many times) and against drone attacks multiple times, which your own military covertly supports......and your X-military generals supported these same terrorists as "strategic depth". I am more than positive, you'll find the source of financing if you tap into the network of Gen. Hamid Gull and the likes!! By the way, the topic of this thread was related to the economy, debt and financing. You should open up another thread on terrorism and we can discuss this there.

Yeah I put it in someone's hole.

Which part of this holy earth have you studied this pathetic economics from? Tell me about a single institution in this world which teaches you that increase in debt is good for the economy? From a NAWAZ SHAFIF ECONOMIC INSTITUTION??
Show me a single country which has developed itself on acquiring massive amount of debts and that too external debts???
Do you even know how much interest we are paying on it?? In billions or may be a little shy of a billion?? And that $75 billions? Are you for real??? I can bet on you that even after 3 years we would still be crying for these 75 billions. This incompetent government cant even fix power problems and you are jumping gagga about the 70 billions.

If you look across Pakistan and the massive scale of projects being implemented, which, upon completion, will bring about serious economic growth, stability, and will end power outages, create millions of long term jobs, etc, you'll realize that a poor country like Pakistan, with a handy capped economy can't do much on its own. So you have to borrow. In fact, all big economies at some point borrow a lot. Managed credit properly, its a great resource to bring about strong economic change in the environment.

I guess many of you would rather stay in the dark age without electricity and economic strength because you hate the current government due to personal reasons. And that personal bias is so strong, that it puts the entire country's needs and interest behind. You guys falsely accuse the current leadership team of everything wrong and have no appreciation of anything being done. Typical negative Pakistani mentality, unfortunately. Which is why you are so behind. You are not going to learn to play as a team for your country and that would damaged your country more in the long run.

During the national debt crisis in the United States, that started a few years ago and pretty much finally ended or slowed down last year, the CBO (Congressional Budget Office) projected that the federal debt will reach roughly70% of the GDP of the US. In 2008, the debt was around 40 percent of US national output. The usual average used to be 25-37%.

Why did the debt get so high outside of traditional big government plans that the Dems bring to the table? The money was used to help start many large infrastructure and other projects, like the Shale Energy, Healthcare related reimbursements, Alternative Energy, bringing back Manufacturing to the US,..just to name a few. Aid and reimbursements like these, help kick off more research, development and implementation of projects across the US, resulting in more jobs, economic growth, etc. If managed properly, more jobs means more taxes and more taxes mean more money available to the government long term to pay off their debt and expand the economy.

But in the short term, everyone knowing a little bit about the slowed down state of the US economy, was worried like hell. Every day we used to talk about how the US owed China a trillion dollars. But all that is part of past and the US economy since last year, has grown significantly.

OK little boy let me tell you what is the benefit we are getting with lower oil price according to your mantle level.

For example Pakistan requires 100 litre oil (we calculate normally based on per barrel but this is for your easy understanding)

100 litre=$120 before oil price reduce
now
100 litre=$50

Saving =120-50=S70 per 100 litre.

Before oil price reduce Pakistan spending $6.4Bn and now due to reduce in price

“Oil imports constitutes 36 per cent of Pakistan’s total import bill and a 30pc decline in oil prices is likely to result in annual savings of $4bn (1.5pc of GDP),” said a research report issued by Topline Securities.

So Pakistan get Additional saving of $4bn and Govt increase tax on oil also. So bottom line as i stated above

Pakistan spends $6.7bn on oil import - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
You realize that tax revenues fall. a 10% tax on 100 rupee oil nets 10 rupees. But when oil is 70 rupees, gov't gets 7 rupees of tax.

Moreover, as oil gets cheaper, people buy more of it. Hell, people are buying petrol instead of CNG (since they usually run out of gas).

:offpost: ....I have NO idea what your post means. We were talking about investment in Pakistan....and that the current government has done a good job in selling Pakistani market to other countries. Like Indian PM Rao and Singh did, starting in 90's till a few years ago. You took ONE line from my entire post and twisted it into a whole different topic. What does an economic / national debt related post has to do with terrorism funding???

Also, you should ask IK and the previous military generals where the terrorist funding came from......IK stood up for Talibans (many times) and against drone attacks multiple times, which your own military covertly supports......and your X-military generals supported these same terrorists as "strategic depth". I am more than positive, you'll find the source of financing if you tap into the network of Gen. Hamid Gull and the likes!! By the way, the topic of this thread was related to the economy, debt and financing. You should open up another thread on terrorism and we can discuss this there.

If you look across Pakistan and the massive scale of projects being implemented, which, upon completion, will bring about serious economic growth, stability, and will end power outages, create millions of long term jobs, etc, you'll realize that a poor country like Pakistan, with a handy capped economy can't do much on its own. So you have to borrow. In fact, all big economies at some point borrow a lot. Managed credit properly, its a great resource to bring about strong economic change in the environment.

I guess many of you would rather stay in the dark age without electricity and economic strength because you hate the current government due to personal reasons. And that personal bias is so strong, that it puts the entire country's needs and interest behind. You guys falsely accuse the current leadership team of everything wrong and have no appreciation of anything being done. Typical negative Pakistani mentality, unfortunately. Which is why you are so behind. You are not going to learn to play as a team for your country and that would damaged your country more in the long run.

During the national debt crisis in the United States, that started a few years ago and pretty much finally ended or slowed down last year, the CBO (Congressional Budget Office) projected that the federal debt will reach roughly70% of the GDP of the US. In 2008, the debt was around 40 percent of US national output. The usual average used to be 25-37%.

Why did the debt get so high outside of traditional big government plans that the Dems bring to the table? The money was used to help start many large infrastructure and other projects, like the Shale Energy, Healthcare related reimbursements, Alternative Energy, bringing back Manufacturing to the US,..just to name a few. Aid and reimbursements like these, help kick off more research, development and implementation of projects across the US, resulting in more jobs, economic growth, etc. If managed properly, more jobs means more taxes and more taxes mean more money available to the government long term to pay off their debt and expand the economy.

But in the short term, everyone knowing a little bit about the slowed down state of the US economy, was worried like hell. Every day we used to talk about how the US owed China a trillion dollars. But all that is part of past and the US economy since last year, has grown significantly.
debt is good as long as it improves economy and nation is not on brink of defaulting. You cannot improve a country like Pakistan without borrowing, as no one wants to invest here and Pakistan gov't has little money in banks.

not all debts are good, but in case of pakistan its fine

Last edited:
There is opening the market and there is enabling a vulnerable market! I am sorry if you couldnt get the point!

You realize that tax revenues fall. a 10% tax on 100 rupee oil nets 10 rupees. But when oil is 70 rupees, gov't gets 7 rupees of tax.

Moreover, as oil gets cheaper, people buy more of it. Hell, people are buying petrol instead of CNG (since they usually run out of gas).

They increase tax plus already save lot of money also check this

Fuel prices cut, but sales tax increased - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

debt is good as long as it improves economy and nation is not on brink of defaulting. You cannot improve a country like Pakistan without borrowing, as no one wants to invest here and Pakistan gov't has little money in banks.

not all debts are good, but in case of pakistan its fine

Debit is good only when if we have ability to control it which we are not and Greece is the prime example of debit mis management

So you're here to save Nawaz Sharif, as your display name suggests? :lol:
pakistan-external-debt.png

Pakistan External Debt | 2002-2015 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast
debts are reportedly quaterly
even so total debt has still increase by 3 billion dollars during last two years.

so ironic only good news come into media with whole reality been hidden.

having said i think PML performance on external financial situation has been better. they only failed miserably in taxation and power reforms both of which are causing over trillion rupees to the govt every year

GDP wise only slight improvement over PPPP(other than 2010 when flood caused devastation). this is not new historically it has remained the same during the other two PML N era
pakistan-gdp-growth-annual.png

Last edited:
Under PPP Pakistan external debt rose to $62 billion from $38 billion in 5 years. Under N debt have increased just $2-3 billion in 2 years. Now do the calculation!

Under PPP Pakistan external debt rose to $62 billion from $38 billion in 5 years. Under N debt have increased just $2-3 billion in 2 years. Now do the calculation!

Reserves too around 3-4 Billion dollars at 30 june 2013 and now its 16 Billion:D

dont worry you wont understand it anyway since you are asking for hard numbers. for you 2 is greater than one so 2 is bad.

A logical question is hard for you patwaris to answer because it will expose the reality of your leaders.

You guys better come up with any real source or logical thing to prove you govt performance. Taking billions of dollars loan in 1.5 years and paying back just 1.5$ billion don't mean that the external debt has decreased in your leaders reign but a dull-minded like you won't understand it.

A logical question is hard for you patwaris to answer because it will expose the reality of your leaders.

You guys better come up with any real source or logical thing to prove you govt performance. Taking billions of dollars loan in 1.5 years and paying back just 1.5$ billion don't mean that the external debt has decreased in your leaders reign but a dull-minded like you won't understand it.
Maybe you need to get better educated first.

We are paying our debts back and growing our reserves.

Plus we need loans to pay back the previous govt loans and also for major projects. We're poor nation and have no money to invest.

we should rely on PTI economics, no govt projects, no roads, no power plants, no infrastructure projects, no taxes, no privatization....only provide relief to public...freaking geniuses

Back
Top Bottom