What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

Hey and salam to all of you my dears, am new here and studying in 10th standard, my 9th marks is 421 out of 550. My family condition is poor and am want to continue my studies but it is unlikely, am also want to join a cadet college and later join PAF, Pak army or pak navy As an officer, so am here to know about the cadet colleges in pakistan under government. Anyone one here who can guide me about this?

For information: am from khyber agency, FATA, peshawar pakistan.

Despite of whatever happens, remember that people are in awe of your spirit and are praying for your success. Now, I don't know about cadet colleges but there's a brilliant program at LUMS where once admitted you won't need to pay anything for your education, living and food. Its the National Outreach Program (NOP). Its specifically aimed at bright students such as your self who can't easily afford education. Plus, students from FATA, internal Sindh and Balochistan, etc. get special quotas. Don't forget this and don't be lazy about it. Research and apply! If you get invited into the program then they will first train you for SATs. Once you score a good grade in your SATs and your FSc (or equivalent), which insha' Allah you will, LUMS will admit you as a student and you won't spend a paisa on any of this. Don't waste any time. Stay pure at heart, be honest, work extremely hard and never EVER loose hope. Allah dainay wala hai, insha' Allah you won't fail, just stay strong.

If you need any help what so ever with this then feel free to contact me here. If you'd like I can give you my email and facebook addresses too.

@ar2014

I thought that it would be more appropriate to discuss FC-1 program for Argentina on this thread, instead of the thread for Egyptian interest in JF-17.

I read a British defence forum thread discussing FC-1 (JF-17 being specific for Pakistan) acquisition by Argentina. They noted that with acquisition of F-35, British Air Force would not have to worry at all about FC-1. But they did note that it would be a serious addition in capability of Argentine Air Force over their current inventory and likely addition of Spanish Mirage F-1s.

Their biggest concern was addition of Land Attack Cruise Missiles on FC-1. That would scare away any private sector investment in and around Malvinas / Falkland and also open up possibilities and options for Argentina.

I think that it is just not anti-ship missiles that you guys should be considering. You may wish to get your hands on LACMs too.

But I think cooperation of PAF with Argentina would be kept low-key since we have good relations with UK. It is best that China handles this agreement. UK has no leverage over China.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen that the british sensationalist press has been talking about this subject, i wonder what's wrong with replacing our old jets after decades, what would they do when our government really start boosting our armed forces? About the private sectors in the South Atlantic, the oil exploration operations are stalled as far as i know at the moment. I've also seen that defence forums aren't the only places where i've seen people talking about this, but actually the acquisition of the JF-17 isn't really the main goal, that's the first step in order to start building our own aircraft again, the production of an inexpensive aircraft is a good start. And regarding the F-35, well in my opinion its future is uncertain, but that's not the point of discussion on this thread

PAF to brief PM on JF-17 export today
December 18, 2013

ISLAMABAD - The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) would brief Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on the proposed measures for enhancing defence production exports, during his scheduled visit to a key PAF facility today (Wednesday).
The PM would be visiting Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra to receive the relevant briefings on the contemplated exports of the PAF aircraft, especially the JF-17 Thunder, sources in PAF informed The Nation on Tuesday.
The PAF top command led by Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt would reportedly give the relevant briefings on the contemplated measures to export the JF-17 Thunder to some countries, the officials said.
Presently, 49 JF-17 Thunder aircraft are part of the PAF operational fleet of fighter jets.
The report on progress made in the contemplated exports in the context of the last month's Dubai Air Show would reportedly be given to the premier. Two kinds of PAF aircraft, JF-17 Thunder and Super Mushshak, were showcased for static and aerial display in Dubai Air Show. In November last year, JF-17 Thunder was showcased in China Air Show.
The PAF sources said, Air Vice Marshal Sohail Gul Khan, Chairman PAC Kamra, AVM Javaid Ahmed, Chief Project Director JF-17 Thunder, and Air Commodore Khalid Mehmood Project Director JF-17 would give the technical briefings to the PM. AVM Asad Lodhi, Director General Defence Purchase, AVM Arshad Malik, Air Officer Commanding (AOC) Northern Command, Air Commodore Sohail Ahmed, Joint Secretary II Ministry of Defence Production (MoDP) and newly promoted AVM Nudrat Kazmi, who has reportedly remained closely involved with the JF-17 Thunder project, would also give the related briefings, the officials added.
The PM would also chair a related ceremony on the induction of fresh fleet of JF-17 Thunder in the PAF.
The PAF command, the officials said, is seeking technical input on the JF-17 Thunder project from Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan, who has proceeded on LPR (leave preparatory to retirement) owing to his scheduled retirement.
In addition, the incumbent Federal Government is said to have given a 'positive' response to the PAF proposed initiative to export JF-17 Thunder to some prospective buyer states, which, the PAF sources claim, have taken 'keen interest' in purchasing the aircraft from the Pakistani armed force. Of these states, the officials said, intense deliberations are under way with Turkey, Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
"There are a few other states, mostly less developing ones, with which the negotiations are at a preliminary stage," the insiders informed, adding that the PAF, if continuously supported by the government in terms of resisting the international pressure, would be able to export the JF-17 Thunder in the coming years.
"There has been enormous international pressure coming from some developed states that oppose exporting JF-17 Thunder project. It's up to the government to withstand these kinds of pressures and the PAF will be able to launch the aircraft exports in the coming times, a couple of years at least," a senior PAF official stated.
Jointly manufactured by Aviation Industry Corp of China and the PAC Kamra, JF-17 Thunder is originally a Chinese product, with the related technology shifted to Pakistan in the recent years. Regarded as a third-generation multipurpose combat jet, the JF-17 Thunder, in technical terms, is known as FC-1 Fierce Dragon. The PAF says, it is the only armed force across the globe to have developed its own fighter jet aircraft. It says, the JF-17 can carry a variety of missiles and bombs, including air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles. It merits recalling here that PM Nawaz Sharif along with a delegation of PAC Kamra had visited Turkish Aerospace Industries in September this year to witness demonstration of T-129 Advance Attack and Tactical Reconnaissance Helicopter. The contemplated export of JF-17 Thunder was also discussed then, the PAF sources said.

PAF to brief PM on JF-17 export today
December 18, 2013

ISLAMABAD - The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) would brief Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on the proposed measures for enhancing defence production exports, during his scheduled visit to a key PAF facility today (Wednesday).
The PM would be visiting Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Kamra to receive the relevant briefings on the contemplated exports of the PAF aircraft, especially the JF-17 Thunder, sources in PAF informed The Nation on Tuesday.
The PAF top command led by Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt would reportedly give the relevant briefings on the contemplated measures to export the JF-17 Thunder to some countries, the officials said.
Presently, 49 JF-17 Thunder aircraft are part of the PAF operational fleet of fighter jets.
The report on progress made in the contemplated exports in the context of the last month's Dubai Air Show would reportedly be given to the premier. Two kinds of PAF aircraft, JF-17 Thunder and Super Mushshak, were showcased for static and aerial display in Dubai Air Show. In November last year, JF-17 Thunder was showcased in China Air Show.
The PAF sources said, Air Vice Marshal Sohail Gul Khan, Chairman PAC Kamra, AVM Javaid Ahmed, Chief Project Director JF-17 Thunder, and Air Commodore Khalid Mehmood Project Director JF-17 would give the technical briefings to the PM. AVM Asad Lodhi, Director General Defence Purchase, AVM Arshad Malik, Air Officer Commanding (AOC) Northern Command, Air Commodore Sohail Ahmed, Joint Secretary II Ministry of Defence Production (MoDP) and newly promoted AVM Nudrat Kazmi, who has reportedly remained closely involved with the JF-17 Thunder project, would also give the related briefings, the officials added.
The PM would also chair a related ceremony on the induction of fresh fleet of JF-17 Thunder in the PAF.
The PAF command, the officials said, is seeking technical input on the JF-17 Thunder project from Air Marshal Farhat Hussain Khan, who has proceeded on LPR (leave preparatory to retirement) owing to his scheduled retirement.
In addition, the incumbent Federal Government is said to have given a 'positive' response to the PAF proposed initiative to export JF-17 Thunder to some prospective buyer states, which, the PAF sources claim, have taken 'keen interest' in purchasing the aircraft from the Pakistani armed force. Of these states, the officials said, intense deliberations are under way with Turkey, Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
"There are a few other states, mostly less developing ones, with which the negotiations are at a preliminary stage," the insiders informed, adding that the PAF, if continuously supported by the government in terms of resisting the international pressure, would be able to export the JF-17 Thunder in the coming years.
"There has been enormous international pressure coming from some developed states that oppose exporting JF-17 Thunder project. It's up to the government to withstand these kinds of pressures and the PAF will be able to launch the aircraft exports in the coming times, a couple of years at least," a senior PAF official stated.
Jointly manufactured by Aviation Industry Corp of China and the PAC Kamra, JF-17 Thunder is originally a Chinese product, with the related technology shifted to Pakistan in the recent years. Regarded as a third-generation multipurpose combat jet, the JF-17 Thunder, in technical terms, is known as FC-1 Fierce Dragon. The PAF says, it is the only armed force across the globe to have developed its own fighter jet aircraft. It says, the JF-17 can carry a variety of missiles and bombs, including air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles. It merits recalling here that PM Nawaz Sharif along with a delegation of PAC Kamra had visited Turkish Aerospace Industries in September this year to witness demonstration of T-129 Advance Attack and Tactical Reconnaissance Helicopter. The contemplated export of JF-17 Thunder was also discussed then, the PAF sources said.

If some aggressive strategies are developed in near future, i won't be surprised if UAE and Qatar will consider our Thunder birds to add in their air arsenal in the upcoming years.....

If some aggressive strategies are developed in near future, i won't be surprised if UAE and Qatar will consider our Thunder birds to add in their air arsenal in the upcoming years.....

It is all about politics. Nothing about the quality or marketing efforts.
The americans will block it. Just like their blocking of Turkey's purchase of our HQ-9
It is of great regrets that a successful FC-1/JF-17 is not selling to many other parts of the world.

I think block 2 will surely make way to our brotherly countries as k-8 made it.

one thing different about k-8's export from Thunder is that in a sense it is not a combating fighter but an airplane used primarily for training. So it may be regarded as a non-aggressive weapon

Last edited:
one thing different about k-8's export from Thunder is that in a sense it is not a combating fighter but an airplane used primarily for training. So it may be regarded as a non-aggressive weapon
The capabilities of JFT is much less than what qatar, kuwait, egypt already have so this aggressive weapon point will not work.

Pakistan should sell JF17 Blk 2; to Bangladeshi airforce.... that would be a good development!

Pakistan should sell JF17 Blk 2; to Bangladeshi airforce.... that would be a good development!
Bangladesh is very anti Pakistan and also they sometimes become very pro india so there is a chance of technical data transfer to india.

nah, they want something like typhoon or Rafale, its not upto their standards ;)
Cmon, with PAF training assistance and JF17, even typhoons and rafale fall out of the skies.... jokes apart, JF17 can be a very good buy for Bangladesh which already was looking to buy mig29's

Bangladesh is very anti Pakistan and also they sometimes become very pro india so there is a chance of technical data transfer to india.
yupp... that will remain a risk...

What a stupid idea. Do you have any thing sensible to add other than your trolls?

Best would be if Pakistan, does not sell it to every other country.

What a stupid idea. Do you have any thing sensible to add other than your trolls?

Best would be if Pakistan, does not sell it to every other country.
stupid? Well majority of esteemed members here want to strategically encompass India, what better way than to build strategic relations with BN, SL, MYn, etc.. apart from that bangladesh is looking for additional a/c's and apart from that is a fellow muslim nation that pakistan wants to reconcile, additionally it has common ally china and US... how is this trolling, on a export potential thread I suggested BN as potential client....

Back
Top Bottom