What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

When you are start selling your product just by calling it cheap rather than effective you loose almost half of the value and in some cases respect as well. This is why product placement is so important.
always hated the use of this word cheap in sales pitch and marketing by PAF senior officers.
this word alone has pushed away GCC countries from it.
security and freedom are never cheap and fighter jets are like jewellery offering them cheap suggests low quality or imitation.
what is done is done now JF17's sales and marketing will only be among 3rd tier air forces who not only lack means to even afford these "cheap" jets but also lack infrastructure and training to maintain them.

Just a minor correction, the distance from southern coast is not more than 500 Kms.
I just double checked. I had googled the distance which gave me a figure of 945 miles. Upon closer checking & using Google Earth, I found that the figure of 945 miles was incorrect. You are right & it is indeed around 500 kms. That makes JF-17 a potent threat, inspite of the 4 Typhoons stationed there.

Thanks for the correction.
I wonder if AAF's KC-130H refueler is operational or if it can refuel JF-17 in mid-flight? Falklands/Malvinas Isles are > 1500 KM from Argentine coast. What threat can JF-17 pose to Royal Navy, if much at all?
Correction: The distance is 500 km, not 1500. That makes JF-17 a potent threat.

always hated the use of this word cheap in sales pitch and marketing by PAF senior officers.
security and freedom are never cheap and fighter jets are like jewellery offering them cheap suggests low quality or imitation.
what is done is done now JF17's sales and marketing will only be among 3rd tier air forces who not only lack means to even afford these "cheap" jets but also lack infrastructure and training to maintain them.
The problem with the forces is that they're unwilling to learn. Why not hire an external marketing agency. Just take a look at the designs for the promotional stuff for the aircraft. Made by 2 year olds.

The forces think global buyers are like DHA buyers who will line up against a desk on which a major will come at 2pm, stamp some documents and work done.

I wonder if AAF's KC-130H refueler is operational or if it can refuel JF-17 in mid-flight? Falklands/Malvinas Isles are > 1500 KM from Argentine coast. What threat can JF-17 pose to Royal Navy, if much at all?
Argentina is part of the KC390 project, they just need money. With this transport aircraft you can use your intire fleet in wartime to the refueler job. Thats the advantage. Pakistan should look at this also.

totallt agree with you, sell it cheap but dont market it as cheap..simple logic.

The odyssey from jf17 block 1 to block 3 has transformed it into a lethal aircraft. Backed by the 27th feb skirmish its customer base will grow by itself globally.

0A57CBEC-D962-489D-8649-EAD4074C884D.jpeg

Qatar had announced participation

This caught my eye:

"When asked if the JF-17 Block III will be powered by the new and more powerful Russian RD-93MA engine (modernized version of the RD-93 that equips the current Thunder) or the Chinese Guizhou WS-13, the answer was… neither."

So, my suspicion was correct. No RD-93MA for JF-17 Block-III & neither any WS-13 version. I might as well call it Block-((( now. Though I half-expected it, the confirmation hurts a bit.

PS> I've said earlier that the first batch of 30 JF-17 Block-III was an unexpectedly small order probably due to lack of RD-93MA availability. In less than 2 years we should have a more powerful engine (RD-93MA or (lesser chance) WS-13E).

View attachment 806013

Nigerian 2022 Budget allocation.
Approx 2 million dollars only.

@Quwa @HRK
It must be related to instalment payment remember PAC start building these jets after Federal Government of Pakistan approved state guarantee for the export of these jets to Nigeria which mean IF Nigeria failed to pay Federal Government of Pakistan would pay for these jets to PAC

please PAC do not under any circumstance export the JF17 Block III

Block III is for PAF only

dont want Block II go buy F16 we do not need your cash in exchange of releasing our secrets
Maybe with a different radar, and export variant weapons.

Back
Top Bottom