What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

But weren't there some reports stating a number of interested countries some months back? I saw some report about Azerbaijan asking for 30 or something FC-1s confirmed while Zimbabwe and Iran had shown interest.

A question to you: have your leaders considered offering the JF-17 to North Korea? I mean you have a considerable defense relationship with those people and Kim Jong is always obsessed with military first policies. Quite surprising why you haven't offered it to them considering that the jet is cost effective and an idea brand new one to replace their vintage fleet.

Any ideas?

Dear Misters "Dil Pakistan" & "Hataf", you have converted me with your arguments. Given the adequate resources and funding and necessary demand for the product, the PAF can easily ramp up JF-17 production and/or open a second line. Thanks!

WOW:smitten: I need promotion and pay rise

But weren't there some reports stating a number of interested countries some months back? I saw some report about Azerbaijan asking for 30 or something FC-1s confirmed while Zimbabwe and Iran had shown interest.

A question to you: have your leaders considered offering the JF-17 to North Korea? I mean you have a considerable defense relationship with those people and Kim Jong is always obsessed with military first policies. Quite surprising why you haven't offered it to them considering that the jet is cost effective and an idea brand new one to replace their vintage fleet.

Any ideas?

I have the reply - TIBS (Typical Indian BS)

So what about the purchase of JF-17??? is Yemen / Oman / Syria / Jordan / Egypt / Libya / Iran or not buying or if they are going to place the orders then what will be the proposed nos.

IMO, possible future customer's of Jf-17 will Iran, azerbijan, egypet , sudan , north korea , bangladesh , srilanka ,

I have the reply - TIBS (Typical Indian BS)
What do you mean? I asked you a set of straight questions with out any pun intended. If you cannot think straight it is not my problem. Perhaps other Pakistani members can answer the question in a more useful manner.

What do you mean? I asked you a set of straight questions with out any pun intended. If you cannot think straight it is not my problem. Perhaps other Pakistani members can answer the question in a more useful manner.
They wanted J 10 from China as per news....Also its not we take the aircraft to every country and will ask them if they are interested. Its their in farnborough. Those who are interested can come and see and talk to authorities.

As they say "Piyasa kuwein key paas aata hai ..." (The thirsty comes to teh well...The well doesn't goto the thirsty person.)

IMO, possible future customer's of Jf-17 will Iran, azerbijan, egypet , sudan , north korea , bangladesh , srilanka ,

Man north korea nops due to foreign pressure and even the sale could not be made even by Chinese.:no::no::mod::mod: you know the Super Power.

They wanted J 10 from China as per news....Also its not we take the aircraft to every country and will ask them if they are interested. Its their in farnborough. Those who are interested can come and see and talk to authorities.

As they say "Piyasa kuwein key paas aata hai ..." (The thirsty comes to teh well...The well doesn't goto the thirsty person.)[/QUOTE]

Absolutely right and you have tell the begger's the truth of dealing in interantional world.

Congo, Nigeria, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Sudan and Venezuela maybe buy it

Any ideas?

I can understand.....Well North Korea is a greater ally of China than Pakistan...So if they would need one...they'll ask China not Pakistan..This was what exactly happened in recent visit of Kim Jhong, the reports indicated that NK requested J-10s from China but China did not agreed but assured them the safety from any aggression by South Korea....so There is little chance that they will look towards Pakistan:coffee:

Chinese fighters make wave at Farnborough Air Show

Updated on Wednesday, July 21, 2010, 20:30 IST

Farnborough/Beijing: China and Pakistan are jointly developing a stealth version of the JF-17, an upgraded type of MIG-21, with the new fighters making waves at the ongoing prestigious airshow in Farnborough.

Priced at just USD 15 million, the multi-purpose fighter is giving a run to American, Western and Russian war machines which have price tags five to seven times higher.

JF-17 Thunder, also known as FC-1, being jointly built by Kamra-based Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and Chengdu Aerospace Company (CAC) has made its first appearance at an international air show having flown in Farnborough after making refuelling stops in Saudi Arabia and Turkey and is proving a big draw.

Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is expected to acquire around 250 JF-17s, with 100 of the original JF-17 configuration and 150 of the stealth multi-role combat aircraft (MCRA) between 2015 and 2025.

"With these new JF-17s, China has already emerged as one of the strongest aviation powers in the world," Gary Li, London-based International Institute for Strategic Studies’ analyst has claimed.

China has been active in the international aircraft market in recent years with the total value of the country's arms exports from 2005-09 being USD 2.73 billion about 2.3 per cent of the world market.

But Beijing's aircraft sales - worth up to USD 815 million - are larger than any other of its weapon exports and are mostly to Pakistan.

"Chinese companies offer very attractive packages. The US never sells its latest generation of aircraft, or sell critical technologies.

"In contrast, China sells packages, not just the aircraft, but also technology and expertise - such as production licenses for domestic assembly, technical assistance and other after-sales support, Li said.

Besides Pakistan, the Chinese are selling fighters to Venezuela, Egypt and Myanmar, but now the country is planning to expand its export market.

China is also putting on market its state-of-the-art new fighters like J-11B and J-10, expecting to corner the lower end fighter market.

But the Chinese ambitious plans to corner a segment of fighter market could run into problems as the aircraft are all powered by Russian engines.

"They could hit choke point it the Russians stop supply of engines," Li admitted.

"How many aircraft can China produce a year if Russia stops selling its engines to Beijing?" Li was quoted as saying by state run China Daily here.

"China needs to solve this problem within 10 years if it wishes to continue the overhaul of the PLA Air Force and the development of the new generation of fighters", he said.

The Chinese have also put on display its next generation heavy duty space launch vehicle called Long March-5 which is expected to be launched in 2014. The vehicles are designed to put into orbit heavy weight satellites and space stations.

The Chinese are offering to launch other countries satellites, naturally at a price.

PTI
Chinese fighters make wave at Farnborough Air Show

China enters global fighter aircraft market through Pakistan's JF-17 Thunder

As Pakistan surprised the global aviation community by displaying the JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft at Farnborough Air show 2010, its partner in the aircraft’s development, Chengdu Aircraft Industries Corporation (CAC) of China might be getting ready to laugh all the way to the bank.

Thanks to Islamabad’s close relations with the Gulf states, notably Saudi Arabia, U.A.E and some other Islamic countries, there is a good chance the JF-17 may find an international buyer.​

The JF-17 has been jointly developed by CAC and the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and is based on the Chinese Chengdu FC-1 Xiaolong, which like all Chinese fighters has its origins in Russia. The FC-1 is said to be a based on the SU-27 fighter.

The JF-17 Thunder is classed as a multi-role fighter and can be loosely compared to the F-16 or several other light and agile fighters in the world such as the Gripen.

The JF-17, though only on static display at Farnborough, has attracted considerable interest from the international aviation community.

Informed sources said the reason for exhibiting the fighter at Farnborough was to get the international vendor community interested to help in its future development and to make it compatible with existing air assets of some of the potential customer-countries.

Pakistan has commenced serial production of the fighter and plans to build 250 of them for its own use. The JF-17 has its origins during the era when the U.S. denied Islamabad sale of F-16 fighters after Lockheed Martin obtained a contract but had to mothball the fighters following refusal of the U.S. government to give the go-ahead for delivery of the fighters to Pakistan.

Islamabad then went to China to seek co-production of the FC-1 in Pakistan with unique specs due to which it re-designated the fighter as JF-17.

However, key systems and sub-systems including the engine, avionics, weapons control systems and key airframe components are being imported from China.

The exact deal between Pakistan and China is not known but if exports happen, the latter should get a price for the components it has supplied.

However, some analysts contend that the JF-17 is merely an assembly job with the principal components brought to Pakistan in a semi-knocked-down condition.

An unnamed PAC official has been quoted by the Pakistani Dawn newspaper that Turkey and some countries of the Middle East and Africa were taking keen interest in acquisition of the aircraft.

The first squadron of JF-17 has already joined the fighter fleet and the second squadron will be inducted by the end of the year, the official is reported as saying.

China enters global fighter aircraft market through Pakistan's JF-17 Thunder : Defense news

Pakistan is planning to manufacture 24 JF-17 per year. We should not export any for next four years and then only 12 be exported per year. Pakistan needs 250 JF-17 like yesterday.

Thanks to Islamabad’s close relations with the Gulf states, notably Saudi Arabia, U.A.E and some other Islamic countries, there is a good chance the JF-17 may find an international buyer.​

Saudi Arabia and UAE are not looking to buy the JF17, they have enough money in their kitty to buy 10 squadrons of Raptors. Although they don't need a military because they are under the protection umbrella of Uncle Sam, they buy shiny expensive new military toys to satisfy their ego. JF17 would suit a better role for Iran, Syria, Lebanon or Yemen. Although selling to the Syrians and Lebanese would be a mistake because the Israelis will shoot our JF17's down in a matter of minutes.

FC-1 is said to be a based on the SU-27 fighter.

Correction, the designed was changed and resembles the F16 more because of PAF's history with this beautiful bird.

However, key systems and sub-systems including the engine, avionics, weapons control systems and key airframe components are being imported from China.

Now this is what i call textbook poor journalism, the author should have done more research before making such an absurd claim. Just look at what the Super 7 was when China was involved and how it has evolved ever since Pakistan became a partner. Pakistani Engineers have been right there working with Chinese Engineers in designing the avionics, subsystems and building the airframe.

However, some analysts contend that the JF-17 is merely an assembly job with the principal components brought to Pakistan in a semi-knocked-down condition.

Let me guess; those analysts are Indians :smokin:, we have plenty of them over here on this forum who believe that JF17 is a 3rd Generation Aircraft which is just an upgraded MIG 21.

Poor Journalism at its best

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom