What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

you need to fly to crash. Russians have exported hundreds of aircraft with AL-31F engines
even your closest customer Pakistani air force chooses unreliable Russian engines
So ur argument is this one liner?...which is an absurd assumption to say the least.

U mean to say that the Chinese swapped out the Russian engines in their jets with WS10...all so that they can then proceed to not fly them?

Sometimes it helps to put aside nationalism and hate...and look at things objectively. Instead of throwing around baseless one liners...how about build up ur argument by compiling crash rates(due to engine failure) of WS10 powered aircrafts and AL31 powered aircrafts.

Hearing that deal might be balanced with free oil supply from Azerbaijan to Pakistan for next decade. It will be good for Pakistan to lose the dependency on GCC and their blackmail.

100% agreed. I think if Pakistan can be paid in oil it would have more far reaching benefits for the it than just cash. They will not only save money on oil (which is as good as as getting paid), but they will as you pointed out, decrease dependence on the treacherous arabs of the GCC.

So ur argument is this one liner?...which is an absurd assumption to say the least.

U mean to say that the Chinese swapped out the Russian engines in their jets with WS10...all so that they can then proceed to not fly them?

Sometimes it helps to put aside nationalism and hate...and look at things objectively. Instead of throwing around baseless one liners...how about build up ur argument by compiling crash rates(due to engine failure) of WS10 powered aircrafts and AL31 powered aircrafts.

All WS10 powered aircraft fly for the PLAAF. Good luck getting any objective data from China

All WS10 powered aircraft fly for the PLAAF. Good luck getting any objective data from China
No but u said "they only crash if u fly them"...u implied that China isn't flying them(their WS10 powered jets). A country that clearly has the economic might to continue buying/maintaining/operating Russian AL31 engines for its jets...instead switches to WS10 only so it can ground its jets? This reasoning(if we can even call it that) of urs is what I'm questioning.

No but u said "they only crash if u fly them"...u implied that China isn't flying them(their WS10 powered jets). A country that clearly has the economic might to continue buying/maintaining/operating Russian AL31 engines for its jets...instead switches to WS10 only so it can ground its jets? This reasoning(if we can even call it that) of urs is what I'm questioning.

You have no official data for any of these
If China switched to WS-10 when did PLAAF switch ?
What % of the fleet was converted ?
What are the flying hours ?
Is PLAAF still ordering AL31s ?

Anything China releases has to be taken with a grain of salt
Look no further than the coronavirus

There are many pictures that have emerged of various Chinese fighter jets that have been switched over to WS10 over the years...coupled with the declining orders of AL31 engines by China...it's rather obvious that WS10 is offering either equivalent or better performance(as compared to AL31).
...but then again...it seems ur mind is made up. Anything coming out of China has to be "taken with a grain of salt" apparently. Ur reasoning is the same as when I challenge flat earthers...and their response is "that's what they want u to think".

So just go back to assuming that China is so incompetent that they switched over their perfectly fine fighter jets from AL31 to an inferior WS10...which they are no longer flying so that they won't crash them...
...makes perfect sense.

Yep, $6,300-$7,800 per flight hour is OUTRAGEOUS - not really.
Low usage makes them quite a lot more expensive than those in the Swedish Air Force, but they are still very low cost to operate.

View attachment 678501

I guess @MastanKhan joined the crowd praising JF-17 without getting his facts about Gripen right.

Hi Cardinal,

I have never stated anything bad about the Gripen if I recall correctly. It is a beautifully constructed excellent aircraft for the utility and service that it provides---but it does not help the S african weapons industry in ways the the JF17 would have.

Hi,

And this information would be made public---just to satisfy the egos of a few---.

Read your comments in red one more time aloud---and listen to what you wrote---.

This corona virus has smashed the world to a pulp and there is no ending in sight to what this invisible monster is going to end up doing---.

Hi Cardinal,

I have never stated anything bad about the Gripen if I recall correctly. It is a beautifully constructed excellent aircraft for the utility and service that it provides---but it does not help the S african weapons industry in ways the the JF17 would have.

Hi,

And this information would be made public---just to satisfy the egos of a few---.

Read your comments in red one more time aloud---and listen to what you wrote---.

This corona virus has smashed the world to a pulp and there is no ending in sight to what this invisible monster is going to end up doing---.

I never expect the information on jet engines to be public. Tell that to the cheerleaders

As far as the coronavirus China does not want to even a discussion. That tells something. What are they hiding ?

100% agreed. I think if Pakistan can be paid in oil it would have more far reaching benefits for the it than just cash. They will not only save money on oil (which is as good as as getting paid), but they will as you pointed out, decrease dependence on the treacherous arabs of the GCC.
If only it was that easy.
Why don't you try making a 100 samosa when you have no money to buy the ingredients. I will pay you with maida over the next month.

Hearing a lot of chatter on this. Can someone confirm? I am also hearing emergency supply of warplane request before they hit mountains area of NK for heavy precision bombings.
they are all hearsay
40 by Nigeria 36 by Azerbaijan 60 by Egypt and so on. such large orders will mean that China and PAC will have to join forces and increase the production to cater for the PAF and the exports at the same time.
the origin of all such claims is not beyond tweets and some websites no one heard of before.

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) will take delivery of its JF-17 Thunder fighter jets in November this year, according to Chief of Air Staff (CAS) Air Marshal Sadiq Abubakar, speaking during the graduation of 2 079 new recruits on 15 February.

In 2016, Nigeria started budgeting funds for its JF-17 order with an initial tranche of $15.88 million US. In 2017, it allocated another $68.76 million US for platform acquisitions and in 2018 Nigeria set aside another $47 million US. In March 2019, Pakistan’s Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) announced that it approved the sale of three JF-17s to Nigeria under a $184 million US contract. Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has three on order but more may be acquired from Pakistan to replace or supplement its Chengdu F-7Ni fleet – a third of its 15 F-7Ni/FT-7Ni aircraft have been lost in crashes.

The JF-17 Block-II represents a major capability jump for the Nigerian Air Force. The PAC JF-17 Thunder is a lightweight, single-engine, multi-role combat aircraft developed jointly by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and the Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) of China. The JF-17 can deploy diverse ordnance, including air-to-air and air-to-surface missiles, and a 23 mm GSh-23-2 twin-barrel auto cannon. Powered by a Guizhou WS-13 or Klimov RD-93 afterburning turbofan, it has a top speed of Mach 1.8. The JF-17 is to become the backbone of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), complementing the General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon at half the cost. The PAF inducted its first JF-17 squadron in February 2010.

Back
Top Bottom