What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

NAF-702

NAF-702.jpg

but why were they numbered as PAF units 2P-60, 61 and 62? or should I say more like Kamra units?

Those are production serial numbers. They're for Kamra's internal use during production, so it makes sense that they remain the same. However, this is not what we saw with the Myanmar birds.

Last edited:
Those previously ID 602/603 etc were not naf but paf birds correct and naf has its own a/c

maybe they will buy more after being so pleased with the performance

but why were they numbered as PAF units 2P-60, 61 and 62? or should I say more like Kamra units?
i doubt those were for exports. they were probably meant for PAF, part of the additional 12 block 2 order we saw.

now we are seeing "nf 702"..
i think Nigerian plans will be serialized as NF7XX..so NF701 to hopefully NF740 or so. The reason why i think its NF7 is because PAF may have reserved the numbers 1-6 for itself.

my guess is atleast on planning stage PAF will have block 1-6 or 300 numbers(50x6), how much it ultimately gets is any one guess(current order is block 1-3 with 180)

Last edited:
The Nigerian version of @Zarvan
We need everything in big numbers with TOT
Nigeria have started to massively increase capability of its Armed Forces. They are buying Tanks and APC and Artillery and Drones and Naval Ships and MRAP. So if they are satisfied with initial three JF 17 it should not come as a surprise if they increase the number to 40.

Dont be surprised if they end up inducting 80-100 fighters including jf17

They have 8 F7s, right of now. There is no military need for Nigeria to go to 80 jets. If you look at their training pipeline, they have not invested in sufficent number of platforms to generate a pilot stream that can operate 80 aircraft.

They have 8 F7s, right of now. There is no military need for Nigeria to go to 80 jets. If you look at their training pipeline, they have not invested in sufficent number of platforms to generate a pilot stream that can operate 80 aircraft.
Nigeria has the ambition to be leader of Africa. They are facing challenge from Ethiopia and South Africa.

F7 will be retired by all air forces due to lack of support..who are going to support these?
Nigeria has big geo political issues going on and will be third biggest country in 20 years

Do you have any idea of the scale of corruption in Nigeria?
They have oil yet they import oil for their own use, do a little digging you'll find out how "big" their economy is.

Nigeria is bigger economy then pakistan
Dont be surprised if they end up inducting 80-100 fighters including jf17

They have oil so will depends upon oil prices but they are also under embargo and have a huge requirement too

Back
Top Bottom