What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

The easiest way is to compose a list of African states and cross out the ones that are too small, too poor and poor unstable to afford the JF-17s. you can cross out the ones in the Francophone and American orbit of influence.
I don't think there is a better fighter on the market for the same value brought by the JF-17. IMO, Nigeria's purchase is a harbinger of its success in Africa, considering Nigeria has the largest economy in all of Africa.

I don't think there is a better fighter on the market for the same value brought by the JF-17. IMO, Nigeria's purchase is a harbinger of its success in Africa, considering Nigeria has the largest economy in all of Africa.
If you do the exercise I sugggested you will find the set of African countries politically, financially willing to buy the JF-17 is a small one

If you do the exercise I sugggested you will find the set of African countries politically, financially willing to buy the JF-17 is a small one

Its not a "made for Africa" fighter so only a small amount of countries are expected.

That still leaves many potential buyers (especially in East Africa) looking to modernise their ancient fleets, and who have ties with the Pakistani defence establishment and/or China.

IIRC the PAF was marketing the JF-17 to Senegal. Sudan could be a factor too.

Whatever happened to the Zimbabwean interest in the JF-17 Thunder? That went on for years during Block-1 along with Azerbaijani interest.

Also brother, while I was surfing your website, a pop up message came up.

Screenshot_20200914-180246_Chrome.jpg

I think it should say, "We'll send you...".

Last edited:
Whatever happened to the Zimbabwean interest in the JF-17 Thunder? That went on for years during Block-1 along with Azerbaijani interest.

View attachment 669781

Thanks for the catch! Changed.

SA (South Africa) could be a potential customer of JF-17 Block 3. Comparatively lower price, low running cost, low cost per sortie and all 4+ gen aircraft capabilities. I think its a package worth procuring.

Last edited:
SA could be a potential customer of JF-17 Block 3. Comparatively lower price, low running cost, low cost per sortie and all 4+ g aircraft capabilities. I think its a package worth procuring.
Oh.. SO much goods in one bird..
Kutto ko Kheer nahi patchti.. If you know what i mean

Oh.. SO much goods in one bird..
Kutto ko Kheer nahi patchti.. If you know what i mean
KSA do not need such aircraft. They already possess such systems, but they do not have the ability to exploit the capabilities of these weapon systems.

My comment was for SA ie South Africa.

KSA do not need such aircraft. They already possess such systems, but they do not have the ability to exploit the capabilities of these weapon systems.

My comment was for SA ie South Africa.
my bad

View attachment 669781

Zimbabwe is broke while Azerbaijan is still searching

SA (South Africa) could be a potential customer of JF-17 Block 3. Comparatively lower price, low running cost, low cost per sortie and all 4+ gen aircraft capabilities. I think its a package worth procuring.
they have committed to gripen, once pass the initial cost gripen is fairly good priced item..and may even have a lower operating cost then thunder given its highly reliable engine

i doubt they will buy anything else, will probably acquire used gripens if they need to

Hi,

It is amazing to read how you young pakistani kids are selling your product short---marketing it for the african market---.

Even though one of the primo youtuber who has his videos on fighter aircraft has rated the JF17 extremely highly and targeted it towards well off countries.

Again i agree with respected members PAF know how to fly a plan but commercially they are very poor .Indians on the other hand having unfinished product is already doing prospecting with potential clients .Its not a product its a positioning of the product .What a shame on export related strategy

Back
Top Bottom