What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

According to EXPRESS NEWSPAPER Pakistan finalized JF17 Thunder export deals with 12 countries
logo.jpg

1102909512-1.gif

Not sure, but how reliable is this ??? If I should be my money I would say reports just made during the Aerosalon are more reliable and as such I expect more information during the next days if true.

Deino

1102909512-1.gif

According to this news Air Vice Marshal Arshad Malik has said Pakistan has signed initial contracts with 12 countries for supply of JF-17 to them. The deliveries will begin in 2017. Either our news papers have totally gone mad or PAF is really genius that they have managed to sign contracts with 12 countries.
Its a great news and we are proud that with the help of our time tested friend, today Pakistan is able to export Fighter Aircrafts. MashaAllah.

Mubarrak ho!!

A reward for hard work due for a while but now a reality.

To my understanding - the export target country in 'Asia' doesn't mean South Asia - it means South East Asia (part of ASEAN)...so let the speculation run wild :-)

If it is indeed Myanmar then our air force planners have some extra brain cells to burn.
this hard work started in 1998 , 17 years ago , it had been a long struggle , thanks to Allah that this is now paying off in our air defence .

So now Pakistan has finally joined the list of countries exporting fighter aircraft. I hope we go from strength to strength. Congratulations to all the persons involved with JF-17.

I foresee lots of work load ahead for AVIC and PAC. Hope they are ready to meet both the local and foreign demand as the time frame shown is quite ambitious though.Good Luck.

Pak-Chinese JF-17 Knocks At World Fighter Aircraft Market
Pakistani-Chinese JF-17 Thunder fighter might be the beginning of the end of western dominance of the global fighter aircraft market.

The JF-17’s international flight debut at the Paris Air Show 2015 was further enhanced by the absence of US fighters such as the F-16 and F/A-18. In addition the Eurofighter Typhoon, Saab Gripen and BAE Systems Hawk too did not take to the Skies.

The JF-17, flown by Pakistani air force pilots was the only new fighter at the flying displays. It stole the show with its deft flying and the lone announcement for fighter aircraft order at the show.

The Pakistani marketing team announced the sale of the low-cost, lightweight, single-engine, multi-role combat jet JF-17 to an Asian country on Monday. The fighter estimated to be priced at $20 million apiece is cheaper than any western fighter aircraft and might be just about twice that of the light attack and surveillance aircraft, Embraer Super Tucano which costs an approximate $10.6 million apiece.

The JF-17 costs a forth of the American-built F-16s (estimated $80 million apiece) and a third of Swedish Saab JAS Gripen (estimated $61 million) and fifth of Eurofighter Typhoon and Dassault Rafale (estimated $95 million apiece).

Pakistan has ordered 50 of JF-17s to be delivered in the next six months costing anywhere between $1 billion and $1.25 billion.

Although the aircraft has not been selling like hotcakes on the international budget fighter market, Yesterday’s deal might be the start of sales to other countries.

Pakistan had offered 16 JF-17 jets under a tender for the Bulgarian Air Force in March this year.

Pak-Chinese JF-17 Knocks At World Fighter Aircraft Market

Since many buyers are lined up, PAF had opportunity to pressurise more anxious ones and get in the queue early. I expect another news or two in 60 days timeframe.

PAF is also targeting 26 units a year and a similar number can be produced by China.

This is the vary reason PAF have acquired land in jacobabad for another assembly line as yhey gonna construct another Aircraft manufacturing unit.

delivery time would be a problem as every expected country would ask to deliver him first.

Back
Top Bottom