What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

For new contracts, Su-30's cost around $50-$60 million now depending on its configuration.

I seriously hope its a South Asian nation(Sri Lanka) or Myanmar instead of some arab country - we have direct military access to all our neighbours barring Pakistan!

That means IAF techies would get their hands on the JF-17 for evaluations!
yea yea like srilanka will let you touch these birds lolz
Typical Indian.

I agree, I have deleted some but if some still remain then
report the questionable posts please . there are too many pages to go through
I think it should be discussed because if Myanmar is the country than due to current situation selling JF-17 can have negative affects on our Armed Forces reputation.

money talks. weapons have no religion. Arab monarchies and Israelis didnt hesitate to join an anti Iran/ Anti Asad coalition so why we must suffer all the restrictions? dont get me wrong though, the pain for Ummah is hard wired in me as much as any worthy KSA prince or Iranian Ayatullah has in his heart.
Because Pakistan was made in the name of Islam whereas Saudi Arabia was made for Saud and Iran for Persians. If Allah has given us strength like he has given no other Muslim nation, we should also be Muslims like no other Muslim nation.

Because Pakistan was made in the name of Islam whereas Saudi Arabia was made for Saud and Iran for Persians. If Allah has given us strength like he has given no other Muslim nation, we should also be Muslims like no other Muslim nation.
Pakistan was made for a significant and important part of Indian population which was Muslim the idea was freedom not limitation and self imposed compulsions. this Ummah thing has earned us only hatred and ridicule from our Muslim brothers.
lets kill this discussion here NOW.

remember we are partners with China and they might not share this compulsion like us. but there is a way, let china lead the deal.

Pakistan was made for a significant and important part of Indian population which was Muslim the idea was freedom not limitation and self imposed compulsions. this Ummah thing has earned us only hatred and ridicule from our Muslim brothers.
lets kill this discussion here NOW.

remember we are partners with China and they might not share this compulsion like us. but there is a way, let china lead the deal.
We do it for Allah, doesn't matter how our brothers feel. Ok let's not discuss this.

As for China part, China's own relationship with Burma has chilled recently, especially after bombing of Chinese citizens by Burmese planes.

We do it for Allah, doesn't matter how our brothers feel. Ok let's not discuss this.

As for China part, China's own relationship with Burma has chilled recently, especially after bombing of Chinese citizens by Burmese planes.
Ummah is a concept that is given to us by Allah and his Rasool (PBUH) and therefore there is no need to be apologistic about it. Now, ummah and rulers of the so-called Muslim (and Muslim majority) countries are two totally different things. As we feel pain for other Muslim who are suffering, so do they when we suffer. However, this may not be true for the selfish and corrupt ruling elite whose priorities and objectives have nothing to do with the feelings and sentiments of their 'subjects'.

What is the expected number of birds to be exported?

SIDE NOTE: Please avoid indian trolls, the only reason they came to this world is to spoil this forum.

i dont know why change to so many countries

it is stated in the 1st post and article that it is an asian country

Srilanka Bangladesh Mayanmar which i know have shown interest

but as of now BD is unlikely

So is there any case in history where customer dont want to publicize its buy/toys even to its public.
And seller is not disclosing details whom they are selling ad what ?

All this makes it look fishy and hard to believe.
well 80% deals are that way from south Africa to Saudis and African nations its a very common practice.
probably india is the only country who doesnt do it..

The Sino-Pakistan jointly developed JF-17 Thunder fighter jet has its first confirmed foreign buyer, Flightglobal reports.

“A contract has been signed with an Asian country,” stated Air Commodore Khalid Mahmood, head of sales and marketing for the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex/Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation (PAC/CAC) JF-17 Thunder combat aircraft, at the biennially held Paris Air Show yesterday.

Khalid refused to name the country. Nor did he specify the number of planes to be sold, although he stated that deliveries will begin in 2017. He did, however, emphasize that 11 other countries have shown interest in acquiring the multirole fighter aircraft.

Numerous air forces are toying with the idea of purchasing the JF-17, and the media has floated more than a dozen potential export destinations, including Argentina, Bangladesh, Bulgaria (see: “Pakistan and China May Finally Have a JF-17 Buyer”), Myanmar, Nigeria, the Philippines, Venezuela and Zimbabwe.

Out of all the export destinations named, Myanmar appears to be the most likely. As one of my colleagues noted in The Diplomat back in June 2014:

Although the report is unconfirmed, it is extremely plausible. To begin with, Myanmar has previously operated or currently operates a number of Chinese-made aircraft including: 48 NAMC A-5C fighters, 52 Chengdu F-7M Airguard fighters and 4 Y-8 medium lift transports. The Southeast Asian nation’s air force also recently purchased Sky 02A Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) from China, and built domestic copies of them.

Most notably, Myanmar is also believed to operate 4-10 Karakorum-8 (JiaoLian-8) jet assault and trainer planes, which were also jointly produced by China and Pakistan. Some reports indicate that the deal for the K-8s also included a license in-country component.

As of now, the Pakistani Air Force (PAF) is the only one to operate the aircraft. So far, the (PAF) has received 50 Block I planes, and is scheduled to receive 16 Block-II JF-17s annually over the next few years. The plane is manufactured at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) west of Islamabad, which has the capacity to produce 25 aircraft per year, according to the head of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Air Marshal Javaid Ahmad. Pakistan produces 58 percent of the airframe and China 42 percent respectively, Flightglobal notes.

However, as I reported back in April of this year (see: “China Will Supply Pakistan With 110 New JF-17s”), Pakistan’s military aircraft industry cannot keep up with domestic demand for new planes. Consequently, it had to order 110 additional JF-17 aircraft from China, which calls into question the true export capacity of Islamabad’s aircraft industry.
Confirmed: Sino-Pak JF-17 Fighter Jet Has its First Buyer | The Diplomat
Myanmar acquired 38 JF 17s from Pakistan
@Aung Zaya

The Sino-Pakistan jointly developed JF-17 Thunder fighter jet has its first confirmed foreign buyer, Flightglobal reports.

“A contract has been signed with an Asian country,” stated Air Commodore Khalid Mahmood, head of sales and marketing for the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex/Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation (PAC/CAC) JF-17 Thunder combat aircraft, at the biennially held Paris Air Show yesterday.

Khalid refused to name the country. Nor did he specify the number of planes to be sold, although he stated that deliveries will begin in 2017. He did, however, emphasize that 11 other countries have shown interest in acquiring the multirole fighter aircraft.

Numerous air forces are toying with the idea of purchasing the JF-17, and the media has floated more than a dozen potential export destinations, including Argentina, Bangladesh, Bulgaria (see: “Pakistan and China May Finally Have a JF-17 Buyer”), Myanmar, Nigeria, the Philippines, Venezuela and Zimbabwe.

Out of all the export destinations named, Myanmar appears to be the most likely. As one of my colleagues noted in The Diplomat back in June 2014:

Although the report is unconfirmed, it is extremely plausible. To begin with, Myanmar has previously operated or currently operates a number of Chinese-made aircraft including: 48 NAMC A-5C fighters, 52 Chengdu F-7M Airguard fighters and 4 Y-8 medium lift transports. The Southeast Asian nation’s air force also recently purchased Sky 02A Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) from China, and built domestic copies of them.

Most notably, Myanmar is also believed to operate 4-10 Karakorum-8 (JiaoLian-8) jet assault and trainer planes, which were also jointly produced by China and Pakistan. Some reports indicate that the deal for the K-8s also included a license in-country component.

As of now, the Pakistani Air Force (PAF) is the only one to operate the aircraft. So far, the (PAF) has received 50 Block I planes, and is scheduled to receive 16 Block-II JF-17s annually over the next few years. The plane is manufactured at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) west of Islamabad, which has the capacity to produce 25 aircraft per year, according to the head of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Air Marshal Javaid Ahmad. Pakistan produces 58 percent of the airframe and China 42 percent respectively, Flightglobal notes.

However, as I reported back in April of this year (see: “China Will Supply Pakistan With 110 New JF-17s”), Pakistan’s military aircraft industry cannot keep up with domestic demand for new planes. Consequently, it had to order 110 additional JF-17 aircraft from China, which calls into question the true export capacity of Islamabad’s aircraft industry.

@Aung Zaya
38 is massive number

@Aung Zaya

Source for the 38? Your own contacts?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom