What's new

Export bids for JF-17 Thunder Multirole Lightweight Fighter Aircraft

kyun be tune chilla katna hai k humare jahaz na biken? :mad:
OK guys please lets settle down. No more of this dishing out of abuse. If you have a problem then please report it.

Sir, please let me make it clear that I am not disbelieving the sales potential or that a contract indeed has been signed. What that contract says, or achieves, remains to be seen. I wish the JF-17 every luck.
Bhai
I dont understand what you are getting at. The project director of JFT has announced a deal is signed. He does not want to release the numbers or the buyer at the moment. What do you now want to know from the contract? and what is the end result of the information in your hands?. When we signed the f16 contract did the full contract come on to the surface?. We know a few things from the congresional hearing about certain technologies that were withheld. Now nobody asked to see the contract and what the conditions of sale were and what the limitations of the sale were. How do we know what things were subsequently procured. All of these things are kept secret between the buyer and the seller. We do not even know whether we have signed for anything more than the last time or the conditions have remained the same as before. So if you want specific answers the probability is you will not get them. The numbers will eventually be released but not till the risk has been countered.
Araz

Bhai
I dont understand what you are getting at. The project director of JFT has announced a deal is signed. He does not want to release the numbers or the buyer at the moment. What do you now want to know from the contract? and what is the end result of the information in your hands?. When we signed the f16 contract did the full contract come on to the surface?. We know a few things from the congresional hearing about certain technologies that were withheld. Now nobody asked to see the contract and what the conditions of sale were and what the limitations of the sale were. How do we know what things were subsequently procured. All of these things are kept secret between the buyer and the seller. We do not even know whether we have signed for anything more than the last time or the conditions have remained the same as before. So if you want specific answers the probability is you will not get them. The numbers will eventually be released but not till the risk has been countered.
Araz

Good points, I have no problem being patient about any details that may or may not be released in due course. Congratulations on the sale success are in order, I suppose.

Bhai, thori si behter zubaan istimaal kar letey. I loved a sentence from Ayaz Amir Saheb's column: Political Columns | Page 43

capture-jpg.229889
Doesn't matter if it give much pain it's better!

Mayanmar would most likely be getting cheap and stripped down export version of JF-17.
Nope don't think however their parts could be made in China while Pakistan maybe producing it's own trade mark avionics for the jet (a theory)....

Good points, I have no problem being patient about any details that may or may not be released in due course. Congratulations on the sale success are in order, I suppose.
Is this your Taqqaiyya???? I think the annoyance at acceptance of something good had to be made apparent.Anyways!!!!! Lets move on.

Is this your Taqqaiyya???? I think the annoyance at acceptance of something good had to be made apparent.Anyways!!!!! Lets move on.

Perhaps you missed this post of mine, much earlier in this thread?

I, for one, would be pleasantly surprised, if such an export deal is finalized for the JF-17.

No annoyance at all, either then, or now.

I am on record as having said on PDF a while ago that JF-17 may never get foreign sales, but I also will have no problem accepting with pleasure that I was wrong.

Is that clear enough?

Congrats PAC finally some good news hope to see more orders to follow and inbound money will be used on further modernization of platform

No ill intentions here but

1. I was just curious as to why countries would refrain from naming buyer's for their export. Its natural that they would advertise it to get more buyers. If other countries see that someone is buying your jets then they would think its reliable and hence their interest would rise. For Eg. Rafale, Typhoons, Sukhois etc

2. I am also not sure as to why a buyer wouldn't like to be named as i think all almost all countries regularly buy fighter jets. Its not a controlled tech like long range missiles or air defense or nuclear tech

The only scenario it makes sense if

a. Buyer has international sanctions against it.
b. Pakistan doesn't have good public relationship with buyer or vice versa
c. China or some major ally of Pak doesn't approve of the buyer or vice versa for buyer's alliers

I would be very interested in hearing your thoughts

@Hyperion @Oscar @nair @Nicky G @Horus
By your logic, this situation applies to Iran.
I hope it's either Iran or Srilanka....well recent visit of our Army Chief hints...it may be Srilanka!!!

Im sure it is srilanka if not than nigeria because srilanka in need of multirole low cost fighter for few years and jf 17 have what they need and it is. Coming from reliable friend pakistan

That one made my day. It is such a sweet hiding I can almost feel the pain of his flaming arse .Brilliant!!!!!. Pity I could not give you more ratings otherwise I would have. Anyway, as a side note "Bachon par ziada Zulm na karo aur haath zara halka rakho"
Kindest regards
Araz.

Bhai, thori si behter zubaan istimaal kar letey. I loved a sentence from Ayaz Amir Saheb's column: Political Columns | Page 43

View attachment 229889

Most likely JF-17 Blk 2 will be sold and by that time Pakistan would have Blk 3 and most likely with AESA and other goodies. I understand that Blk 3 will be radically different a beast than Blk 2 hence technology would not be compromised.

My first instinct was not to use that language,
but one must cure a thorn with a thorn;
their disease needs chemotherapy; my job is to administer the injection to those that ask for it.

My money will be on Sri Lanka. Selling thunder to Burma will be a big mistake

Bangladesh i dont think so Hasina in power and also never showed much interest
Srilanka Myanmar could the ones

Back
Top Bottom