What's new

Expert | Israel attack on Iran ' imminent '.

Than India can kiss its 'regional ambitions' both in Iran and Afghanistan goodbye!

Perhaps, perhaps not?

It's all speculation over something that will likely not happen. Israel won't risk a war when it's surrounded by proxies and a nation that would LOVE to pick a fight with Israel so it can divert attention away from the civil war and reunite the country.

Perhaps, perhaps not?

It's all speculation over something that will likely not happen. Israel won't risk a war when it's surrounded by proxies and a nation that would LOVE to pick a fight with Israel so it can divert attention away from the civil war and reunite the country.

Countries don't conduct their Foreign policy based on 'assumptions' or 'emotions' but diplomatic advantages and disadvantages incurred visa a vis their interests , everything is costed and weighed. If one nation thinks, that the other nation is naive and stupid, therefore they can manipulate their way through, they are in for a rough ride. For Iran, Israelis are a line in the sand, its just a matter of time when India would have to pick its side when Iran blows the referee's whistle.

@Hussein Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
The bottom line is, we do what we want, what we think is in our best interests. and we are not willing to give that freedom up for strategic depth in a distant land.

Thats why i made the original statement.

Scavenger foreign policy won't make you the great power you hope to become.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/irania...ael-attack-iran-imminent-2.html#ixzz2cGufGANm

Not that its wrong the policy you have right now, i just disagree that its the right policy to put you on the track to become the great power you wish to become.

Hez missiles aimed at cities incandescently, they are weapons of terror, IDF pinpoint target, here is the difference.

Tell me, how does one pinpoint targets in a place like the Gaza strip with it's population density while using 2,000lb bombs?

Countries don't conduct their Foreign policy based on 'assumptions' or 'emotions' but diplomatic advantages and disadvantages incurred visa a vis their interests , everything is costed and weighed. If one nation thinks, that the other nation is naive and stupid, therefore they can manipulate their way through, they are in for a rough ride. For Iran, Israelis are a line in the sand, its just a matter of time when India would have to pick its side when Iran blows the referee's whistle.

@Hussein Any ideas?

And here we are speculating about what Iran's foreign policy is towards this. It's already clear that Iran doesn't take these threats from Israel too seriously, because if they did, then they wouldn't be so dismissive of them.

In truth, national interests are hardly logical in today's era; for example, the US has no national or strategic interest in Israel, yet it's foreign policy dictates that it support Israel unconditionally.

I'd also like to point out that we're just a bunch of geeks on a forum pretending that we know what we're talking about. Reality is, all we can do is speculate on what is public information. A nation's interests aren't always public knowledge, a for the 1% we do know, there is 99% that we don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
And here we are speculating about what Iran's foreign policy is towards this.

Iran's position is stationary, its India on the move with Iranians watching them closely. Its India thats caught up in a catch 22 not Iran.

It's already clear that Iran doesn't take these threats from Israel too seriously, because if they did, then they wouldn't be so dismissive of them.

You dismiss something you don't care about? - Its illogical. Iranians do take these threats with a great deal of seriousness and are preparing for any possible misadventure.

In truth, national interests are hardly logical in today's era;

Thats incorrect, national interests are defined by plausible logic by a nation before being added into its strategic calculus.

for example, the US has no national or strategic interest in Israel, yet it's foreign policy dictates that it support Israel unconditionally.

World doesn't run by American standards.

I'd also like to point out that we're just a bunch of geeks on a forum pretending that we know what we're talking about.

No, we are just having a debate which is the very purpose of this forum.

Reality is, all we can do is speculate on what is public information.

Not true for the keen students of history.

A nation's interests aren't always public knowledge,

They are for whom take the pain to study and understand them in their appropriate historical context. Future is reflection of history.

a for the 1% we do know, there is 99% that we don't.

I don't know where you'd get that percentage from.

Peace

Iran's position is stationary, its India on the move with Iranians watching them closely. Its India thats caught up in a catch 22 not Iran.

Much as you like to think otherwise, India simply won't pick sides. India simply doesn't have much in common with either state. Contrary to what is commonly believed by Pakistan, India shares almost no common interest with Israel. A strategic relationship serves us well but Israel's foreign policy and world view is not something that India identifies with. That would also be true of Iran. Again, beyond a strategic relationship, what could we possibly share of the world view? People take the term "friends" in relationships between countries too literally.

You dismiss something you don't care about? - Its illogical. Iranians do take these threats with a great deal of seriousness and are preparing for any possible misadventure.

Thats incorrect, national interests are defined by plausible logic by a nation before being added into its strategic calculus.

World doesn't run by American standards.

No, we are just having a debate which is the very purpose of this forum.

Not true for the keen students of history.

They are for whom take the pain to study and understand them in their appropriate historical context. Future is reflection of history.

I don't know where you'd get that percentage from.

Peace

Fair enough, I don't agree, but this is your view, so I can respect that.

Not happening. Not anytime soon. Covert wars, proxy wars, stuxnet worms and sabotage yes but not a conventional war

Perhaps, perhaps not?

civil war? since when we have civil war in iran?
why some guys open their hell hole without thinking first? no insult though

reunite? i dont know why u think iran is not united but ...... its okey i dont want to change
your idiotic way of thinking:cool:

reunite? i dont know why u think iran is not united but ...... its okey i dont want to change

I think he means the Syrian civil war.

If he means civil war in Iran, he must be smoking something .....

Tell me, how does one pinpoint targets in a place like the Gaza strip with it's population density while using 2,000lb bombs?

i add sth to your sentence : its 2000lb white phosphors & depleted uranium bomb

I wasn't talking about Iran, I was talking about Syria. Since when did Iran border Israel? Apparently, you're the only ones who didn't understand this.

And you're calling me an idiot?

I think he means the Syrian civil war.

If he means civil war in Iran, he must be smoking something .....

The only thing I smoke is chicken, I never said that there was a civil war in Iran. There is only one country in the area that is currently suffering a civil war, so the only conclusion would be Syria.

Seriously, I have no idea how you guys thought I was talking about Iran.

Back
Top Bottom