What's new

Expats more patriot than residents of Pakistan

$ 13 Billion is sent by Pakistanis living abroad....

Unfortunately the blame most go to Pakistani leadership and to the rest of the people in the country who don't use this money wisely....

$ 13 Billion is sent by Pakistanis living abroad....

Unfortunately the blame most go to Pakistani leadership and to the rest of the people in the country who don't use this money wisely....

Agreed

Best thing is to send money directly to families and friends that you know won't waste the money and will use it for good purposes (e.g. providing education for kids, treating medical problems)

And for those who want to give donations, definitely do not send it straight to Government LOL (They will use it for other purposes)

Send it to qualified and reliable organizations only.

Agree - sometimes Patriotism leads to showing biassed behavior and sentiments for your motherland. Sometimes you dont see the faults or logic is blinded by the love and patriotic behavior one has inside.
When your nation plays cricket - then ones real patriotism comes to the fore!!!

It's just that when you are away from your country... for some vague reason you tend believe that it's your personal responsibility to defend or represent your country. Maybe this mindset comes due to the fact that your surrounding is different to the one back at home.

You can take the Pakistani out of Pakistan, but never the Pakistan out of the Pakistani.

For example, when my youngest uncle visited the States, he was in the bathroom trying to crouch on the toilet seat.

Hahahaha

well razpak,we have our differences

but i love what your uncle did,the man of the soil,all my heart pours out to him.

Is true with all nationalities,

But this whole sending money home regardless of benefits is stupid.

I live in the gulf and the rupee is 53.75 ti the dollar,it makes me richer but i dont like to starve my brothers back home to make some random cash,not even that much.

Noticing that you have removed your origin sign i have not much to say
Tell your children to enjoy their live as third grade citizens.
PS: Did your ancestors do have the same jobs?

what's origin signs? I don't know what to say about Pakistan, well, please don't point fingers at us. Just common sense, they don't have it.

We just don't want to see our children go to terrorists camps robbed by theives or become transgenders streets, Pakistan government can't offer good high level educations to the children boys and girls. It has not secure future then there is no point live in Pakistan, I admittedly sorry to say this country is deep fraud.

Not just my opinion, I have visited Pakistan which was not impressed me, it looked same as twenty years ago. Probably I will keep check hundred years in 2047 if anything improves situations.

:pakistan:

I dont agree with you at all ..Infact i think mostly expats view Pak through the prism of countries, where they live....For example, If one lives in America he will view things in Pak, from an American perspective/narrative ..and will be more symapthetic to America than Pak....maybe bcoz he lives there & is more exposed to the local media there, and hence his opinions are shaped tht way,..esp regd institutions of Pak...He doesnt understand the ground situation in Pak..but will mostly believe what is fed to him by the local media abt Pak... OR there maybe another reason for this also..the factor of social acceptability...when u live abroad, obviously u would want to integrate there in the main stream society and be socially acceptable there, hence u would want to adopt popular stance there,and dont want to be totally isolated which may eventually lead to your own reshaping of views/thinking....They even can hear someone spread negativity abt Pak...on the other hand, I will never ever hear anything bad abt Pak at any cost.......Ofcourse i am not talking abt all, there are exceptions, but most of the cases, whom I have seen personally

I beg to differ Farah. We Pakistani-Americans are more Pro Pakistan and more critical of the USA than Pakistanis living in Pakistan.

you missed the first line of the thread..Rant is the keyword..google it.

lol..you made me laugh...our contribution towards pakistani economy is ten times more than you lot.
our remittencs run into billions of dollars..

remittance is not contribution to nation. there is a difference between people who stay in a place and build it than people who just shove some notes in a collection box.
People are always more vakuable than $$.
even without your $$ people of pak can make it prosperous with hardwork. but without people of pak any amount of $$ is useless there.

The expact are the one who stay away from their country so obviously they tend to miss their country and people.There is a saying in Hindi/URDU""" DUR REHNE SE PYAR BADTA HA".and this the reason they become more patriotic due to long distance relation with their country and also factors like freedom, food ,culture relatives and friends are deeply missed by expats so this is the reason which keeps them connected to their motherland i would say its more love for the country then patriotism, partiotism will be tested when you will leave the foreign land and join your country when your presence will be needed

Back
Top Bottom