What's new

Ex-PTI members join here

Do you support PTI

• Total voters
What Imran Khan is going to do now ?

PML-N meeting rejects Imran Khan's demands
By Mateen Haider
Published about 2 hours ago

The meeting summoned by Prime MInister Nawaz Sharif was attended by key federal ministers and leaders of the Pakistan Muslim League - Nawaz (PML-N). — File photo by AFP
ISLAMABAD: A high-level meeting summoned by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif ended at the Prime Minister House, during which Imran Khan's demands were rejected and termed as 'illegal' and 'unconstitutional.'
The meeting was attended by key federal ministers and leaders of the Pakistan Muslim League - Nawaz (PML-N) and discussed the country's prevailing situation in context of sit-ins called by the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) and Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT).
After the meeting a spokesperson of the Prime Minister House said that "Imran Khan through his demands, which were unconstititional, wanted confrontation with the government."
The spokesperson severely criticised the 'civil disobedience movement' launched by the PTI chief and termed it as being against the state of Pakistan.
Credible sources told Dawn that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had instructed Federal Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan to beef up security of key government installations situated in and around Constititional avenue in the federal capital city, which is now known as Red Zone area.
The federal interior minister was also advised that security of government installations should be ensured at all costs and those violating the law should be dealt with iron hands.

good point raised by Zaid Khan of ANP... Imran Khan said "I thought yesterday for 7 hours and I decided that we must head towards civil disobedience" Is it not a kind of Kingship too? In fact it is... Where the hell democracy go where a single person is deciding everything

Exactly! Imran Khan distinctly gives an impression of sitting on a throne like a king and making decisions as his moods/whims are--sort of like our dear Altaf Hussein.
Pakistan is too complex of a country to afford that kind of decision making. So what will happen if tomorrow he does decide to storm the parliament? How many in his party can stand to oppose him in public or in private? His' is one-man show. And, no, as much we don't like Zardari and Sharif they are far more mature in consultancy because they have been around for quite along time and have weathered (and engineered!) many storms.

In our hatred for PPP and PMLN we are blinding ourselves to critical faults of a well-meaning but immature and rash person like Imran Khan. Not every political decision is about removing corruption or providing 'efficient governance' in a complex country like Pakistan.

A pic circulating on twitter
BvQat0CCYAAZHb4.jpg

whats wrong with both these perceptions ?

in my opinion both the personalities are praise worthy

same here :rofl:

Godzilla was a big fail.. Thought it would carry the story from the old movie.. but..

I don't know what this guy is doing. Does he want Pakistan to be another Syria or Libya?

What i feel that all the popularity and support has gone to his head. Bhai ko shohrat sar par charh gayi hai.

I don't know what this guy is doing. Does he want Pakistan to be another Syria or Libya?

What i feel that all the popularity and support has gone to his head. Bhai ko shohrat sar par charh gayi hai.
Apparently some people want tehrir square like situation when Muslim brotherhood came in power but these Pakistanis are not egyptians. Their ambitions are different and they will not stand besides any leader under current circumstances

that is why looking for new face... tired of old faces including PTI who bursted all the bubbles before even taking a role
or maybe they will improve,who knows! Keep this option as well!

or maybe they will improve,who knows! Keep this option as well!
I might be daddy by then, but Imran Khan is going to remain little kid as the history suggests in recent time.

We will see, I might change my mind once again by then, as I said I am more in favour of performance based votes rather than anarchy and long marches based votes

Apparently some people want tehrir square like situation when Muslim brotherhood came in power but these Pakistanis are not egyptians. Their ambitions are different and they will not stand besides any leader under current circumstances

He is dividing this nation. He is asking them to go into red zone. Break the laws. Invade PM house. Stop paying bills and taxes. I am not getting a good feeling from all of this.

This guy has gone insane. We all know what happened in Syria. How there were simple protests against Assad that turned into a civil war that destroyed the whole country. To be honest. It is not TTP or BLA that I am afraid of. It is now IK that seems to be a threat to Pakistan.

He is dividing this nation. He is asking them to go into red zone. Break the laws. Invade PM house. Stop paying bills and taxes. I am not getting a good feeling from all of this.

This guy has gone insane. We all know what happened in Syria. How there were simple protests against Assad that turned into a civil war that destroyed the whole country. To be honest. It is not TTP or BLA that I am afraid of. It is now IK that seems to be a threat to Pakistan.
well Imran Khan can't take the nation to that far it is also due to the fact that the government in place is not as powerful to have grip over every state institution like Assad. The Pak Army is going to intervene too in this regard. It's a shouting shouting and if civil nafarmani - PTI dooming with no public support at all...

@notorious_eagle - Do you think if we'd known what a jack-arse he'd turn out to be...we'd have gone to that PTI Jalsa at Minar-e-Paksitan & stood their drenched to the bone in rain because Khan asked us to ?

Back
Top Bottom