What's new

Ex-PTI members join here

Do you support PTI

• Total voters
IK and his supporters were under the delusion that they would win the last election easily. When it went against him, he couldn't accept the reality. I am ready to agree with him that the elections were not completely fair, that is sort of expected. But I don't agree that PMLN won all those seats just by rigging. That is not possible. Although they lost the national election, PTI also got a huge opportunity in KPK. But that's not enough for IK. He wants power and he wants it now. This could be his downfall.

It is exactly similar to AAP in India. They also won in Delhi which is a big thing for a new "outsider" party. But instead of focusing on that they thought they would win a lot of seats nationwide and be a major player in national politics. Kejriwal was hoping to win 100 seats and won 4 lol. They even lost all the seats in Delhi where they had won an election just a few months ago. IK is repeating the same mistake.
well see people don't realise that if party A has a huge support in one constituency, it does not mean that Party B is not capable to win from the constituency. There are many seats where party A got 70,000 votes and party B got 90,000 votes. So it's still a clear margin of 20,000 - 30,000 votes so if you notice you see 70,000 is a huge number too. It only suggests that the party A has a reasonable support from the constituency but not enough to sneak a seat as yet.

In 2008 general elections, PTI got 0 votes as they did not even participate. In 2013 they got 7.7 million votes, a miracle come true. Out of 7.7 million votes I believe at least 70% of the votes were casted for losing cause as they came second or third in those constituencies and rest of the 30% would probably have been casted for winning cause. The key point to notice is we all knew the forts of PML-N and PPP being specified cities and the rural areas but PTI clearly managed to penetrate in Mianwali, Rawalpindi and KPK. The areas where PTI's popularity is popular is mostly pushtun dominated areas or above-average, educated, working/employers class masses. The biggest advocates of PTI were the university students but the uni students would only be sufficient for perhaps 5-10 seats all together and if the election was held exclusively for uni students. Many college students are not even eligible to vote yet, who were chanting the slogans of PTI, so their moral support is only good for long march

Open letter to Imran Khan, from a PTI voter

By Shoaib Turk
Updated about 10 hours ago

53f5ecb24bd8a.jpg

The events of last week are compelling some of us more sensitive PTI supporters to think that perhaps all our expectations were premature or just tragically wrong. -Photo by AP
Weary of the hypocrisy, corruption and incompetence of generations of politicians, we were praying for change and riddance from this unending cycle of betrayal and failure.

No one expected this from the traditional lot of dynastic politicians, which is almost entirely composed of feudal and tribal lords, mullahs, mill owners, hereditary peers and the nouveaux riches. The only policies these politicians followed, revolved around the interests of their own families, and biradaris of their respective parties.

Millions of people deemed Imran Khan to be a different leader — one who acquired his role the hard way.

For the downtrodden, it seemed Imran had that fire and dedication needed to materialise the dream of meaningful change. They trusted their celebrated captain and voted for him, hoping to see a wise and dauntless leader — a true representative of their hopes.

I was one of those people.

On May 11, 2013, I voted for Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf because among many other reasons, a movement for justice seemed so much more than the hollow, lofty chants of Roti! Kapra! Makan! and 'Asian Tiger'; or an election manifesto built around curbing obscenity and nudity.

I had thought then, that Imran may lack political acumen and cunning; and he may just be a novice; but his integrity at least, is beyond question.

I believed that Imran, having had significant international exposure, would be able to put Pakistan on the path of progress and modernity; his international standing bridging the gap between Pakistan and the rest of the world.

I hoped he would improve the education available to common Pakistanis (as opposed to children of the elite), getting rid of the elements which make them intolerant and conservative. I expected him to put his sportsman's spirit to good use in Pakistan's volatile and strife-stricken politics.

A worthy sportsman could become a worthy statesman, I thought.

Like myself, thousands of PTI supporters were sure that the Imran Khan-led movement for justice will set a commendable example in Khyber Pukhtunkhwa; an example of good governance, planning, sensible decision-making and innovation.

But the events of last week are compelling some of us more sensitive PTI supporters to think that perhaps all expectations were premature, simplistic or just tragically wrong.

Pakistan's democratic system finds Imran Khan suddenly marching toward it on a collision course. In Khan, they now see a man making unreasonable demands while pursuing the just and reasonable cause of electoral transparency.

They question the indiscriminate blame-game initiated by our leader. People want to know why he has started to make a new demand every new day.

I personally feel that this attitude of his has raised serious questions about his motives and designs.

I'm asked, what is the difference between Imran Khan and any other power hungry politician?

In such an atmosphere of crises, and against the dwindling party position of PTI, I keep asking myself these puzzling questions:

1. If rigging was so widespread, why was the outcome of the elections accepted in the first place?

2. Why does PTI keep demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif - is he the sole culprit behind rigging?

3. Why doesn't PTI have a better partner in this regime-toppling game other than a 'revolutionary' goon?

4. Why does Imran think he can accuse anyone, any time, anywhere of rigging, without enough evidence?

5. Why is it so that PTI is accused of U-turns and new demands everyday?

6. And most of all, I want to know, why does Imran Khan's PTI have the clearly indefensible and hypocritical stance regarding resignations from assemblies? You are resigning from all assemblies but not from the KP assembly because you are in power there? How was the electoral process in KP different from the rest of the country?

I can only hope that the captain will review his confrontational policies, which are accelerating the country towards chaos and uncertainty.

I consider myself an insafian, which means I stand for progress, transparency and justice; not for politics of crisis and confrontation.

The supporters of Imran Khan have the right to ask him not to fail democracy, and Pakistan.

Open letter to Imran Khan, from a PTI voter - Blogs - DAWN.COM

After reading 6 points i dont know i should laugh or cry..... Why not ppl follow news before opening mouth.

• If rigging was so widespread, why was the outcome of the elections accepted in the first place?
    Oh bhai. PTI accepted election but not results reason is what we u see on streets. Imran Khan from DAY1 demanded that do inquiry and look into what went wrong so next election is fair. To do it very simple and easy PTI asked government to check 4 constitution. But government has not shown ANY will to do that.
  • Why does PTI keep demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif - is he the sole culprit behind rigging?
    He is PM with fake mandate
  • Why doesn't PTI have a better partner in this regime-toppling game other than a 'revolutionary' goon?
    What a stupid question
  • Why does Imran think he can accuse anyone, any time, anywhere of rigging, without enough evidence?
    Its not Imran Khan who is accusing any one he is just saying whats told by media.
  • Why is it so that PTI is accused of U-turns and new demands everyday?
    U turn and demands everyday ? as such which ?
  • And most of all, I want to know, why does Imran Khan's PTI have the clearly indefensible and hypocritical stance regarding resignations from assemblies? You are resigning from all assemblies but not from the KP assembly because you are in power there? How was the electoral process in KP different from the rest of the country?
    Since PTI is in government with JI in KPK and they want to talk with them first. Also PTI dont want to loose only platform they have to show there performance.
Source: Ex-PTI members join here | Page 16

By Shoaib Turk

53f5ecb24bd8a.jpg

The events of last week are compelling some of us more sensitive PTI supporters to think that perhaps all our expectations were premature or just tragically wrong. -Photo by AP
Weary of the hypocrisy, corruption and incompetence of generations of politicians, we were praying for change and riddance from this unending cycle of betrayal and failure.

No one expected this from the traditional lot of dynastic politicians, which is almost entirely composed of feudal and tribal lords, mullahs, mill owners, hereditary peers and the nouveaux riches. The only policies these politicians followed, revolved around the interests of their own families, and biradaris of their respective parties.

Millions of people deemed Imran Khan to be a different leader — one who acquired his role the hard way.

For the downtrodden, it seemed Imran had that fire and dedication needed to materialise the dream of meaningful change. They trusted their celebrated captain and voted for him, hoping to see a wise and dauntless leader — a true representative of their hopes.

On May 11, 2013, I voted for Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf because among many other reasons, a movement for justice seemed so much more than the hollow, lofty chants of Roti! Kapra! Makan! and 'Asian Tiger'; or an election manifesto built around curbing obscenity and nudity.

I had thought then, that Imran may lack political acumen and cunning; and he may just be a novice; but his integrity at least, is beyond question.

I believed that Imran, having had significant international exposure, would be able to put Pakistan on the path of progress and modernity; his international standing bridging the gap between Pakistan and the rest of the world.

I hoped he would improve the education available to common Pakistanis (as opposed to children of the elite), getting rid of the elements which make them intolerant and conservative. I expected him to put his sportsman's spirit to good use in Pakistan's volatile and strife-stricken politics.

Like myself, thousands of PTI supporters were sure that the Imran Khan-led movement for justice will set a commendable example in Khyber Pukhtunkhwa; an example of good governance, planning, sensible decision-making and innovation.

But the events of last week are compelling some of us more sensitive PTI supporters to think that perhaps all expectations were premature, simplistic or just tragically wrong.

Pakistan's democratic system finds Imran Khan suddenly marching toward it on a collision course. In Khan, they now see a man making unreasonable demands while pursuing the just and reasonable cause of electoral transparency.

They question the indiscriminate blame-game initiated by our leader. People want to know why he has started to make a new demand every new day.

I personally feel that this attitude of his has raised serious questions about his motives and designs.

I'm asked, what is the difference between Imran Khan and any other power hungry politician?

In such an atmosphere of crises, and against the dwindling party position of PTI, I keep asking myself these puzzling questions:

1. If rigging was so widespread, why was the outcome of the elections accepted in the first place?

2. Why does PTI keep demanding the resignation of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif - is he the sole culprit behind rigging?

3. Why doesn't PTI have a better partner in this regime-toppling game other than a 'revolutionary' goon?

4. Why does Imran think he can accuse anyone, any time, anywhere of rigging, without enough evidence?

6. And most of all, I want to know, why does Imran Khan's PTI have the clearly indefensible and hypocritical stance regarding resignations from assemblies? You are resigning from all assemblies but not from the KP assembly because you are in power there? How was the electoral process in KP different from the rest of the country?

I can only hope that the captain will review his confrontational policies, which are accelerating the country towards chaos and uncertainty.

I consider myself an insafian, which means I stand for progress, transparency and justice; not for politics of crisis and confrontation.

The supporters of Imran Khan have the right to ask him not to fail democracy, and Pakistan.

IK and his supporters were under the delusion that they would win the last election easily. When it went against him, he couldn't accept the reality. I am ready to agree with him that the elections were not completely fair, that is sort of expected. But I don't agree that PMLN won all those seats just by rigging. That is not possible. Although they lost the national election, PTI also got a huge opportunity in KPK. But that's not enough for IK. He wants power and he wants it now. This could be his downfall.

It is exactly similar to AAP in India. They also won in Delhi which is a big thing for a new "outsider" party. But instead of focusing on that they thought they would win a lot of seats nationwide and be a major player in national politics. Kejriwal was hoping to win 100 seats and won 4 lol. They even lost all the seats in Delhi where they had won an election just a few months ago. IK is repeating the same mistake.

the issue is most of the rhetorics of new parties are blatant lies and misleding to ordinary people. We will iradicate corruption in 100 days...terrorism in 50 day..etc
really? how?

These new parties know, the longer they are in power, the more they will look like other parties. Also, corruption is one of many issues that influences voter, once you are in power you got to have a response for all such issues.
For example what is your policy regarding fiscal deficit... what about management of bureaucracy. Once you are in power, people will judge you for everything, and being non corrupt is not enough for reelection.
Also allegation of corruption can be made easily against these people when they are in power, that removes whatever differentiation they have with mainstream parties.

I personally loved Imran. I thought he would change this nation, free this nation from the NOORAS, THE JIYALAS, THE BHUTTOS,THE MULLAHS & THE BHAIs.

His 90 day promises seemed that soon KPK would be the beacon of hope for Pakistan. Would be an ideal model for every other province to try & imitate.

However, those 90 day promises failed. I told myself, fair enough 90 days is too less a time for anyone to change anything. Let's give Imran more time. Maybe he underestaimed his task.

But a few months passed and yet Imran seemed more concerned about Punjab and its internal politics. I said fine no worries he can work on in KPK and pay attention to stuff like Dhandli and unfair loss in elections.

As more and more time passed by i realised, things in KPK were not changing infact they were more or less in the status quo manner stagnant.

PTI was clearly more concerned about PUNJAB, the province of Sindh, balochistan and even KPK were left to handle their jagirdaras, waderas, and what not for the time being.

I still gave him beefit of the doubt that thigns would change once his long march takes off and ends up in Islamabad.

However, After a week of seeing him sit outside the assembly give out calls for CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE, ARMY & POLICE TO DISOBEY THE STATE, and only and only one demand that NAWAZ SHARIF must resign.

have sadly made me feel all he wants now is the seat of Prime Minister and for that he is willing to go to any length or any level. The greed of POWER or bad advisiors have lead him to a point where

treason & sincerely to the nation seems like a thin line.

If 1 student cheat does not mean every one in class has cheated. PMLN rigged election were they could its in punjab were u need to win most seats. PTI has been saying from 1 day OPEN ANY HALAKA IN KPK. Remember 4 humare 4 tumare ? PTI has given written in parliament to government but why government backed of ?

PM has fake mandate, CM Punjab has fake mandate but CM KPK has a genuine mandate.

Kia ya khula tazad nahee hae?

If you believe that election is rigged then it also be rigged in KPK.

Last edited:
If 1 student cheat does not mean every one in class has cheated. PMLN rigged election were in they could its in punjab were u need to win most seats. PTI has been saying from 1 day OPEN ANY HALAKA IN KPK. Remember 4 humare 4 tumare ? PTI has given written in parliament to government but why government backed of ?
bro saad rafique used the same tatic he is using .. i told him so many times but he is still saying that again and again .. as i put it physiological slaves of Sharif family

By Shoaib Turk

53f5ecb24bd8a.jpg

These are the flaws in the policies of PTI which I said PTI need to do work on.Other than that there was vote rigging done in KPK too son in law of PM,N.S and one of federal ministers from KPK won election like that. KPK assembly is going to be dissolved soon but because of
Jamate islami it is postponned.

Is the civil disobedience movement even working? what an amatuer joke it turned out to be.

It would be interesting to know the updated poll for those who has not voted so far

I was a pti sympathizer before but recent actions of khan (which i strongly believe have been influenced by the likes of qureishi and rasheed) have resulted in me becoming a neutral again in Pakistani politics. Khan is showing immaturity and leading the country towards chaos for his own political gains. Yes the system needs reform but that doesn't mean u bring the country to a standstill and create anarchy. This protest would have been far more suitable in two/three years time by which time like pretty much every government that remains in power for so long the N league would have lost a significant amount of support and would be pressurized into ensuring that the election commission for the next elections was conpletly fair and unbiased. With this hasty and impatient dharna however he has managed to alienate a significant section of his support base for seemingly no gain. The nation should right now have been focused on operation zarb e azb and ensuring that the idps from fata are taken care. Instead we have politicians bringing the country to a standstill for their own politicsl gains

Back
Top Bottom