What's new

Erdogan demands demilitarisation of East Aegean Islands, threatens operation in Syria

A gendarmerie (/ʒɒnˈdɑːrməri, ʒɒ̃-/) is a military force with law enforcement duties among the civilian population.
No shit Sherlock! My parents were in the gendarmerie. But there's no gendarmiere in Greece any more.

And because you're trying to avoid it,here. Read:

Greece’s right to militarise Limnos and Samothrace was recognized by Turkey, in accordance with the letter sent to the Greek Prime Minister on 6 May 1936 by the Turkish Ambassador in Athens at the time, Roussen Esref, upon instructions from his Government. The Turkish government reiterated this position when the then Turkish Minister for Foreign Affairs, Rustu Aras, in his address to the Turkish National Assembly on the occasion of the ratification of the Montreux Treaty, unreservedly recognized Greece’s legal right to deploy troops on Limnos and Samothrace, with the following statement : “The provisions pertaining to the islands of Limnos and Samothrace, which belong to our neighbor and friendly country Greece and were demilitarized in application of the 1923 Lausanne Treaty, were also abolished by the new Montreux Treaty, which gives us great pleasure” (Gazette of the Minutes of the Turkish National Assembly, volume 12, July 31/1936, page 309). During the same period, Turkey gave similar assurances on this subject to the governments of interested third countries.

The status of Mytilene, Chios, Samos and Ikaria

The Lausanne Treaty makes no mention of these islands having been granted demilitarized status.

The Greek government simply commits to not establishing naval bases or fortifications there in accordance with Article 13 of the Treaty. More specifically, this article specifies that :

“With a view to ensuring the maintenance of peace, the Greek Government undertakes to observe the following restrictions in the islands of Mytilene, Chios, Samos and Nikaria:

• No naval base and no fortification will be established in the said islands.

• Greek military aircraft will be forbidden to fly over the territory of the Anatolian coast. Reciprocally, the Turkish Government will forbid their military aircraft to fly over the said islands.

• The Greek military forces in the said islands will be limited to the normal contingent called up for military service, which can be trained on the spot, as well as to a force of gendarmerie and police in proportion to the force of gendarmerie and police existing in the whole of the Greek territory”.

No shit Sherlock! My parents were in the gendarmerie. But there's no gendarmiere in Greece any more.

And because you're trying to avoid it,here. Read:

Greece’s right to militarise Limnos and Samothrace was recognized by Turkey, in accordance with the letter sent to the Greek Prime Minister on 6 May 1936 by the Turkish Ambassador in Athens at the time, Roussen Esref, upon instructions from his Government. The Turkish government reiterated this position when the then Turkish Minister for Foreign Affairs, Rustu Aras, in his address to the Turkish National Assembly on the occasion of the ratification of the Montreux Treaty, unreservedly recognized Greece’s legal right to deploy troops on Limnos and Samothrace, with the following statement : “The provisions pertaining to the islands of Limnos and Samothrace, which belong to our neighbor and friendly country Greece and were demilitarized in application of the 1923 Lausanne Treaty, were also abolished by the new Montreux Treaty, which gives us great pleasure” (Gazette of the Minutes of the Turkish National Assembly, volume 12, July 31/1936, page 309). During the same period, Turkey gave similar assurances on this subject to the governments of interested third countries.

The status of Mytilene, Chios, Samos and Ikaria

The Lausanne Treaty makes no mention of these islands having been granted demilitarized status.

The Greek government simply commits to not establishing naval bases or fortifications there in accordance with Article 13 of the Treaty. More specifically, this article specifies that :

“With a view to ensuring the maintenance of peace, the Greek Government undertakes to observe the following restrictions in the islands of Mytilene, Chios, Samos and Nikaria:

• No naval base and no fortification will be established in the said islands.

• Greek military aircraft will be forbidden to fly over the territory of the Anatolian coast. Reciprocally, the Turkish Government will forbid their military aircraft to fly over the said islands.

• The Greek military forces in the said islands will be limited to the normal contingent called up for military service, which can be trained on the spot, as well as to a force of gendarmerie and police in proportion to the force of gendarmerie and police existing in the whole of the Greek territory”.

Paris treaty doesn't allow you to, so stop with BS.

Paris treaty doesn't allow you to, so stop with BS.
How many tons of retarded are you?

Robert.jpg

That's about the Dodecanese and the Dodecanese were given to given to Greece by Italy.

Whatever deal we made with Italy, is between us and Italy,not Turkey.

If Ukraine gives you a tiny island in the Black Sea,does Russia have a say on it?

How many tons of retarded are you?

View attachment 853046

That's about the Dodecanese and the Dodecanese were given to given to Greece by Italy.

Whatever deal we made with Italy, is between us and Italy,not Turkey.

If Ukraine gives you a tiny island in the Black Sea,does Russia have a say on it?

Retared are you, first you came up with Lausanne treaty does not write about these islands. So you could arm them, but now you can not denied it. The 12 island are not allow you to militarise with the Paris treaty, your propaganda doesn't works well. The Paris treaty allows you have the 12 island and doesn't allow you to arm them. You can have only gendarmie.

finished with all thaat BS stories from Greece.

Retared are you, first you came up with Lausanne treaty does not write about these islands. So you could arm them, but now you can not denied it. The 12 island are not allow you to militarise with the Paris treaty, your propaganda doesn't works well. The Paris treaty allows you have the 12 island and doesn't allow you to arm them. You can have only gendarmie.

finished with all thaat BS stories from Greece.
If you fucking read what I showed you,you wouldn't be mumbling that nonsense.

Do you understand English? Did you understand the example I gave you above? Did you understand why are allowed to have garissons on them? Or do you just simply refuse to accept it and want to say your typical AKP propaganda shit?

If you fucking read what I showed you,you wouldn't be mumbling that nonsense.

Do you understand English? Did you understand the example I gave you above? Did you understand why are allowed to have garissons on them? Or do you just simply refuse to accept it and want to say your typical AKP propaganda shit?

AKp propaganda lol...

i am finished with your stories....

Dear Turks members, let us not go too far: as long as there is the Turkish Aegean Army, a big landing fleet, the two Turkish naval bases and two helicopter brigades in the wider region of Asia Minor, there is no case to demilitarize a Greek island, instead the equipment with new modern weapons systems will continue.
With "Mavi Vatan-type dogmas" and "Mîsâk-ı Millî national borders", as are constantly repeated by your Turkish politicians, there is no case for normalization, let alone demilitarization of Greek territories that threatened by the Turkish armed forces.
The Turkish military threat is real, what is threatened is not demilitarized.

Dear Turks members, let us not go too far: as long as there is the Turkish Aegean Army, a big landing fleet, the two Turkish naval bases and two helicopter brigades in the wider region of Asia Minor, there is no case to demilitarize a Greek island, instead the equipment with new modern weapons systems will continue.
With "Mavi Vatan-type dogmas" and "Mîsâk-ı Millî national borders", as are constantly repeated by your Turkish politicians, there is no case for normalization, let alone demilitarization of Greek territories that threatened by the Turkish armed forces.
The Turkish military threat is real, what is threatened is not demilitarized.
Well said,brother. It's exactly the point. It's logical. It's like having wolves saying "take your fences off and your dog away,if you want me not to eat your sheep".

And the interesting thing is that,the Turkish members here will not reply if these small garissons are a threat to Turkey,if they feel they are a threat to them,but they insist that's supposedly a matter of "honor".

It's a simple matter in the end. You want our islands,we won't give them.

And for Pakistanis,just imagine this:

India_Pakistan_China_Disputed_Areas_Map.png

Well said,brother. It's exactly the point. It's logical. It's like having wolves saying "take your fences off and your dog away,if you want me not to eat your sheep".
Recall that the biggest Greek military mistake in Cyprus was the withdrawal of the Greek division after alleged US assurances about a.......... non-Turkish landing operations.

look, I am not taking Greek Side over Turkey, I know not enough about the situation to take one side over the other, What I was commenting on is the fact that if "Greek invoke Article 5"

On the other hand, violating a treaty does not give any country the right to attack another country, there are international court for that matter, seek a peaceful resolution first, then if all else failed, then talk about armed option.

The problem I see is, NATO also won't leave a member being under attack and leave it like that. Again, whether or not if Greek can apply Article 5 on this issue is a question in itself, but if that was invoked, I don't see how this can be done without physical intervention. Again, the core value of NATO is article 5, and if it was invoked and ignored, you may disband NATO. That's going to be the same if Greece invaded Turkey, I would see NATO physically intervene with Greece if that is the case.

So I guess we can agree to disagree with this.
I am not sure if a NATO member can invoke article 5 against another member. Seems laughable.

Game changer strategic assault uav MiUS is coming

ATAK II heavy attack helicopter mass production to start soon

I like the turkish formation of the helicopters during the landing exercise, as if they were going to a parade.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom