What's new

Turkey insists on demilitarization of islands

Those islands are too close to Turkish mainland and now greece have militatized them. Turkey should plan a swift takeover of the Islands and wait for an opportune time to implement it, say like Russia invades Ukraine or china takes taiwan.
Greece hasn't militarized them now. We do not have heavy equipment but small garrisons. Unless you consider OSA-AKM,stinger manpads or Skyguard as threat to Turkey. Or ZSU-23-2s and a few hundred soldiers as a threat.

And we have done nothing illegal.

Screenshot_2021-10-12 Turkish claims regarding the demilitarization of islands in the Aegean S...png

Greece hasn't militarized them now. We do not have heavy equipment but small garrisons. Unless you consider OSA-AKM,stinger manpads or Skyguard as threat to Turkey. Or ZSU-23-2s and a few hundred soldiers as a threat.

And we have done nothing illegal.

View attachment 817491
Even if you station your whole army it is still not a threat point is you’re violating the agreement, even if there is just one soldier.

Even if you station your whole army it is still not a threat point is you’re violating the agreement, even if there is just one soldier.
Check my previous post and you'll see that we're not violating any agreement.

Everything related to Turkish geopolitics is in my area of interest. Have you ever seen me trolling about an issue that is not related to Turkey but only to Greece? But I've seen you many times, man.

A current issue, a current news. The news source is Greek, but the content is about Turkey. Moreover, I have no disrespect towards Greece. I do not share any fake content. The reason why I chose the sources from the Greek side is that I do not have any propaganda purpose. Although there are many statements in the content that I do not agree with, I try to reflect this to you from a Greek point of view. Beyond that, the only thing I could do would be to shut up completely. I'm sure you don't mean that. However, Turkey and Greece are each other's one of most important neighbours and they already have many common issues. If you allow, I believe it will be beneficial for the forum to share some of them here.
This guy has a habbit of interfering in posts which are not related to his country or the region.

This guy has a habbit of interfering in posts which are not related to his country or the region.
So if I only talk about Greece and Turkey,you guys say I'm obsessed with Turkey.
If I post in threads about other countries,you say I'm interfering in posts which are not related to my country or region.

So you want me not to post anything?

So if I only talk about Greece and Turkey,you guys say I'm obsessed with Turkey.
If I post in threads about other countries,you say I'm interfering in posts which are not related to my country or region.

So you want me not to post anything?
These is a huge difference between a constructive discussion and trolling mate.

Greece is fearful of Turkey. I guess Greece should ask Russian for help.

Greece is fearful of Turkey. I guess Greece should ask Russian for help.
Fearful I do not think, but when you have a state that has invaded in 3 neighboring countries, has sent troops to 2 warring countries, generally has a leading role in ..... 31 conflicts, in just 10 years, you do not think that this country have to take measures of military deterrence?

As for Russia, I personally do not trust it, after all Erdogan and Putin are close allies because of the S400 missiles.

Turkey insists on demilitarization of islands
turkish_frigate_ship_AP.jpg

[Turkish Defense Ministry via AP]
Manolis Kostidis
Reiterating that Greece must demilitarize its islands, Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar has taken issue with official celebrations over the weekend on nearby Chios and Samos, calling them a “provocation.”

Speaking to Turkey’s Milliyet newspaper, Akar also claimed that the 1923 Lausanne Treaty states there are 23 islands that cannot be militarized and that 16 of them are.
His remarks followed a Turkish Defense Ministry post on Twitter of a video showing cadets swimming to the Turkish islets of Tuzla, a distance similar to that from Turkey to Greece’s southeastern Aegean island of Kastellorizo. On December 24, Akar challenged Greece’s maritime zone around Kastellorizo, saying it is located just 1,950 meters away. “A cadet at the military academy can swim to it,” he said.

Also on Monday, Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said Turkey is questioning the sovereignty of the islands that have been militarized.

There is only one article in the treaty that speaks of limitations, and that is article 13.

So 4 islands have some limitations, but may still have army barracks for locals going through their conscription.

1645644249115.png

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom