4. Italy,
  5. EU,
  6. USA,
  7. France,
  8. Germany,
  9. etc
IN FAVOUR are
  1. Turkey,
  2. part of members of the Libyan Government of National Unity.
This might be the dumbest post in this thread.

What kind of authority do these countries have in the maritime areas and land of Libya so that what they say matters?

The main reason for the discomfort of EU countries is that European oil companies are out of the game when it comes to bringing the most potentially important oil resource to the economy for Europe. This is a side-effect of the policy makers' irrational policies that fueled the civil war in Libya.

Niger will follow Libya. French domination in Africa is collapsing.

And Turkey gets nothing in return? 😂😂😂

Turks already got military bases in Libya
and soon Turkish Drilling Ships to start their activities in Libya

Who will stop us ? Greece ? France ? or terrorist HAFTAR ? so funny

Just two months ago, a group with the support of the French tried to stage a coup by raiding the government buildings in Tripoli. The result is a fiasco. Disgraced and they came back. The fact that the groups that started a civil war to avoid an election and then supported a military coup are questioning the legitimacy of the current government is both idiotic and like a mocking other people's minds.

It is pure propaganda example to block the electoral process, create an obstacle to the passing of the necessary laws and then say that the term of office of this government is over.

Whichever government currently represents Libya at the UN, these agreements were made with that government. The relevant documents have already been registered by the UN. So it's too late to even cry.

We are in favor of the election, even in 2019 when everyone in the world thought that the siege of Tripoli would be successful. Because we see what the election results will be. We invite all actors to stop playing on the instability of Libya.

We know that stability in North and Central Africa is someone's nightmare, but for them too, the threshold at which they can escape the inevitable has already been crossed.

Turks already got military bases in Libya
and soon Turkish Drilling Ships to start their activities in Libya

Who will stop us ? Greece ? France ? or terrorist HAFTAR ? so funny
So it's not about Libyans after all 😉 That's what I'm saying. It's about Turkey's Imperial dreams.

So it's not about Libyans after all 😉 That's what I'm saying. It's about Turkey's Imperial dreams.

Turks have no dreams ... dreams are belong to Greeks

We have realities from Libya to Karabakh , from Syria to Qatar , from Somalia to Iraq and Turkish Republic of Northen Cyprus in the Eastern Mediterranean

Turks have no dreams ... dreams are belong to Greeks

We have realities from Libya to Karabakh , from Syria to Qatar , from Somalia to Iraq and Turkish Republic of Northen Cyprus in the Eastern Mediterranean
Your reality will come crashing down when the westerners decide they've had enough of you. Big time.

Your reality will come crashing down when the westerners decide they've had enough of you. Big time.
West crushed Turkey economy even though Turkey is a friend. What would they do when Turkey acts like an enemy ? Turkey has some rough roads ahead with Kurdish population growing substantially more than Turks and secularists fighting against islamists

This might be the dumbest post in this thread.

What kind of authority do these countries have in the maritime areas and land of Libya so that what they say matters?

The main reason for the discomfort of EU countries is that European oil companies are out of the game when it comes to bringing the most potentially important oil resource to the economy for Europe. This is a side-effect of the policy makers' irrational policies that fueled the civil war in Libya.

Niger will follow Libya. French domination in Africa is collapsing.
Three reasons.....
1- Legal reasons, i.e. the current Libyan government cannot sign such agreements, because it is an emergency government and not elected.
2-International Law, because all these countries have signed or agree to UNCLOS, except Turkey.
3-Geopolitical reasons, i.e. interests of their countries, such as maintaining peace, common energy interests, etc.

Last edited:
Member of the Libyan Political Dialogue Forum (LPDF), Amal Bugaighis confirmed that the Libyan Administrative Judiciary will issue a ruling to cancel the recent memorandum of understanding with Turkey.

The Dbaiba government has violated the terms of its mandate,” the LPDF member stated. “Without a doubt, the Libyan Administrative Judiciary will have the final verdict to cancel the decision of the memorandum, regarding the exploration of hydrocarbons between Libya and Turkey.”

Member of the Libyan Political Dialogue Forum (LPDF), Amal Bugaighis confirmed that the Libyan Administrative Judiciary will issue a ruling to cancel the recent memorandum of understanding with Turkey.

The Dbaiba government has violated the terms of its mandate,” the LPDF member stated. “Without a doubt, the Libyan Administrative Judiciary will have the final verdict to cancel the decision of the memorandum, regarding the exploration of hydrocarbons between Libya and Turkey.”

I wonder if Turkey will intervene to save the deal.

Why is Egypt so passive? Libya is Egypt's backyard. A fellow Arab country. Libya has just 7 million people. Egypt 100 million. Libya should have been under the full influence of Egypt, instead Turkey far away, has much more to say.

Another sign of Arab political cooperation being woefully ineffective.

Why is Egypt so passive? Libya is Egypt's backyard. A fellow Arab country. Libya has just 7 million people. Egypt 100 million. Libya should have been under the full influence of Egypt, instead Turkey far away, has much more to say.

Another sign of Arab political cooperation being woefully ineffective.
Bingo! You answered your own question
Screenshot_20221010-232001_Chrome.jpg

Bingo! You answered your own question
View attachment 886137

How does that change what I wrote? Why has Turkey, located far away with no physical borders with Libya, non-Arab country too, such a big influence in Libyan politics when Egypt next door should have had Libya under "full control" ages ago as a fellow Arab country?

If this is not a symptom of contemporary Arab political failure, I don't know what is?

We can say the same thing about Algeria.

I guess this is what happens when military dictatorships are ruling countries and the people are struggling economically. In such a position, you cannot really allow yourself large-scale military operations, even next door.

Egypt and Algeria need to ask themselves why some Libyans in power prefer the Turkey route (non-Arabs) over them.

Clearly a lot of this boils down to Turkey being able to offer Libya more "things" than Egypt and Algeria.

Whatever it is, if they (leaderships) fail to look inwards or restudy their own policies, nothing will change.

Last edited:
How does that change what I wrote? Why has Turkey, located far away with no physical borders with Libya, non-Arab country too, such a big influence in Libyan politics when Egypt next door should have had Libya under "full control" ages ago as a fellow Arab country?

If this is not a symptom of contemporary Arab political failure, I don't know what is?

I guess this is what happens when military dictatorships are ruling countries and the people are struggling economically. In such a position, you cannot really allow yourself large-scale military operations, even next door.

Egypt and Algeria need to ask themselves why some Libyans in power prefer the Turkey route (non-Arabs) over them.

Clearly a lot of this boils down to Turkey being able to offer Libya more "things" than Egypt and Algeria.
It did answer your question and why the deal was done although almost all of the Oil and Gas fields and the only legitmate entity in Libya exist behind the red line Egypt drew which Turkey doesnt cross. The Egyptian crisis was the main reason why Ethiopia built a dam and Turkey has a foothold in Libya and ISIS in sinai was a thing

Whatever it is, if they (leaderships) fail to look inwards or restudy their own policies, nothing will change.
Well the thing is that Turkey only has influence on the GNA part of the country,the Tripoli government,because they literally saved Saraj's government when the LNA were taking their time,being careful.

Back
Top Bottom