What's new

Erbil, Iraq: Ballistic Missiles used to strike a house near US Consulate

It's targeting Kurds, Iran wouldn't target US directly for Israeli strike in Syria. Not first time Israel did strikes in Syria , either. Iran instead of striking back at Israel directly, firing at some buildings in Erbil airport and gonna say they killed 50 Mossad officials.
US allocated part of it's base to Israelis, supposedly to cover them from further Iranian attack. didn't work.

As long as US media don't report any casualty, we can count on Purple hearts! lol

If this was truly an attack by Iran, I’d expect significant US retaliation. Very dangerous moment for Iran right now.
So NATO busy with Russia, USA and Iran Tussle soon, India threatens Pakistan with a rogue hypersonic nuke missile so it means Green light to China to invade Taiwan?

Last edited:
So NATO busy with Russia, USA and Iran Tussle soon, India threatens Pakistan with a rogue hypersonic nuke missile so it , means Green light to China to invade Taiwan?
For China to invade Taiwan it would have to amass a huge landing force. That would be easily visible from satellites. I think a Chinese invasion is very likely in the future but probably not now. They’ll probably take lessons from the Russian invasion, especially how to safeguard their assets & economy. So probably in 10+ yrs.

Reports coming in that the missiles missed. Still unconfirmed
I remember last time these exact claims were made. I believed them as well

No damage, missed etc..

But then PlanetLabs released images of the impact sites in the base on targets in 2020, which angered the State Department. Iranian missiles have proven their accuracy, so I am hesitant on any reports until Sat photos can confirm what happened. The facts should be clearer in the morning.

My guess, is the new consulate building was attacked, which is why no casualties are reported. Building is under construction and it is deep in the night.

I remember last time these exact claims were made. I believed them as well

No damage, missed etc..

But then PlanetLabs released images of the impact sites in the base on targets in 2020, which angered the State Department. Iranian missiles have proven their accuracy, so I am hesitant on any reports until Sat photos can confirm what happened. The facts should be clearer in the morning.

Well, the US State Department released a statement saying no damage to any facilities. That’s all we can go on right now

Well, the US State Department released a statement saying no damage to any facilities. That’s all we can go on right now

I'm curious if "spoofing" the guidance system (if using GPS) is actually possible against a ballistic missile.

Although, we might find the explosions were targeting something else that was close to the consulate, hence no damage reported to US assets.

I'm curious if "spoofing" the guidance system (if using GPS) is actually possible against a ballistic missile.

Although, we might find the explosions were targeting something else that was close to the consulate, hence no damage reported to US assets.

AP reporting that the missiles were fired from Iran

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom