What's new

English Premier League - 2020/21 (update: 21/22)

I dont think so! Last season they kind of caught teams off guard! Wont be the same this time around. That said, EPL have a tendency to throw in a surprise package EVERY season. It may be Leeds this time around, lets see!

BTW, Liverpool vs Arsenal coming up this weekend! :D
Last night Aston Villa beat Sheffield United - villa had 80% possession but only scored 1 - on Saturday Leeds will be playing Sheffield

Gunners beat liecester 0-2 in the league cup 3rd round. Confidence level of the arsenal reserves building up.

Gunners beat liecester 0-2 in the league cup 3rd round. Confidence level of the arsenal reserves building up.

Arsenal need a box to box midfielder and a Playmaker.

Aouar + Partey guarantees top 4 finish

Boss luck as we saw in case of Liverpool last year can end up getting you 20+ points. Plus it is NEVER just luck but determination and attacking mentality of the team that produces results. The point is, i think Arsenal with a vibrant and youthful team is going a win a few more games they would have lost last year and that will be the key! That is what will enable them to challenge for top 5! Not the absolute TOP POSITION but top 5/6! Note that this will be a tough competition as well. A few years back we use to talk about big four, then it become big 6! Now it seems it will be TOP 8!

Liverpool
Manchester City

Arsenal
Chelsea
Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspurs
Leicester City

Everton
Wolves

These are the nine teams that are likely to be fighting for top 5/6 spots!

I think your covering all bases with this post sir!

Man City got hammered yesterday. Man Utd VERY lucky and were played off the park in big parts of the game @masterchief_mirza
Spurs should have got 3 points and were robbed. Everton look like the dark horse! Leeds had a sneaky win - i dont care how sneaky - im just happy we are out of the bottom 3!!!!

I think your covering all bases with this post sir!

Man City got hammered yesterday. Man Utd VERY lucky and were played off the park in big parts of the game @masterchief_mirza
Spurs should have got 3 points and were robbed. Everton look like the dark horse! Leeds had a sneaky win - i dont care how sneaky - im just happy we are out of the bottom 3!!!!
Man utd will be fine. Top 4 again. You heard it here first.

Now Arsenal and Everton could screw the whole system up and put the cat amongst the pigeons. What is needed is a Liverpool loss, then it's a free for all. Man utd won't be delivering that loss though. We will be consistent enough - just - to nick top four but will get found out against the best teams. An increase in the number of penalties being given is also going to have an impact and help man utd - not because we're "cheats" or any propaganda like that but simply because we're pacy and draw fouls.

Now Arsenal and Everton could screw the whole system up and put the cat amongst the pigeons. What is needed is a Liverpool loss, then it's a free for all. Man utd won't be delivering that loss though. We will be consistent enough - just - to nick top four but will get found out against the best teams. An increase in the number of penalties being given is also going to have an impact and help man utd - not because we're "cheats" or any propaganda like that but simply because we're pacy and draw fouls.
I reckon they will too. Top 4 as i think they are better than Chelsea too. I think Liverpool will beat the Arsenal tonight but it will be close.

did you even wath the match? i have been watching football for 20+ years now i hace never seen such bad luck 5 post and a panelty after final whistle crazy bad luck! i am a utd fan but i wanted this shitty utd team to lose fans to rebel riots outside stadium and owners thrown out and woodwards head on a pike! fking disaster the way club is being run!

did you even wath the match? i have been watching football for 20+ years now i hace never seen such bad luck 5 post and a panelty after final whistle crazy bad luck! i am a utd fan but i wanted this shitty utd team to lose fans to rebel riots outside stadium and owners thrown out and woodwards head on a pike! fking disaster the way club is being run!

Bro

The point is you are spot on. They played really crap - yet still they managed to win. They will get better. Not because they have a smart manager or are well organised - the fact is there is some quality players that will eventually settle down - learn to play together and get into the top 4. I reckon if they had a better manager and were better organised they would be 10 points better off from where they will finish...

You're spot on that Woodward needs to go.

Pundits and fans agree with you completely.

We all vividly remember the days when Utd would run riot purely driven by arrogance and supreme self-belief. We haven't seen that for years. I think as well as Woodward though, several key playing positions are occupied by journeymen who pander to the whims of agents and social media, instead of actually bleeding red.

Compare Paul Pogba with Paul Ince and you'll understand what I mean.

Without a Ferdinand, Ince, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Cantona type of spine to this team, it will literally be spineless when any opposition team decides to have a go. Some of the players could do this if they step up (Maguire) but some (Pogba) will never understand this philosophy and need to go.

I honestly hope so but the competition in this league just keeps getting harder and harder. I cant believe how poor we were against Brighton and that on top of that somehow left the stadium with 3 points. Bailly coming on at the end summed up our mentality well. Such a defensive attitude against Brighton! Their width caught us out practically every single time and we had no answer.

I honestly hope so but the competition in this league just keeps getting harder and harder. I cant believe how poor we were against Brighton and that on top of that somehow left the stadium with 3 points. Bailly coming on at the end summed up our mentality well. Such a defensive attitude against Brighton! Their width caught us out practically every single time and we had no answer.
Cant believe they hit the post and bar 5 times - 3 inches the other way and Man U would have lost by 3 or 4. Many teams will lose against Brighton - they looked well organised.

Bro

The point is you are spot on. They played really crap - yet still they managed to win. They will get better. Not because they have a smart manager or are well organised - the fact is there is some quality players that will eventually settle down - learn to play together and get into the top 4. I reckon if they had a better manager and were better organised they would be 10 points better off from where they will finish...
i dont agree with you!

utd have school boys defender all 4 are turds!

as for mid other than fernandes and pogba their is no quality or pace on wings.

our strikers are actual school boys both rashford and martial are turd! and then there is no bench strength!

so i dont see them finishing top 4 even with a quality manager!

You're spot on that Woodward needs to go.

Pundits and fans agree with you completely.

We all vividly remember the days when Utd would run riot purely driven by arrogance and supreme self-belief. We haven't seen that for years. I think as well as Woodward though, several key playing positions are occupied by journeymen who pander to the whims of agents and social media, instead of actually bleeding red.

Compare Paul Pogba with Paul Ince and you'll understand what I mean.

Without a Ferdinand, Ince, Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Cantona type of spine to this team, it will literally be spineless when any opposition team decides to have a go. Some of the players could do this if they step up (Maguire) but some (Pogba) will never understand this philosophy and need to go.
i remeber the days when other teams used to fear utd now its the other way round we were defendin deep in last 10 mins against brighton fking albion!

Back
Top Bottom