What's new

English Premier League - 2020/21 (update: 21/22)

i cant seem to join this league. can u help me with this
Ok i check again, it seem you are late now and in order to join H2H league you needed to join before GW1
That is why i was tagging you guys :)
Sorry about this!

I am team PDF Fc, anyone making transfers for this week games. I am considering atleast 2 transfers.

@Musings LEEDS showing positive signs early in the season! They are playing explosive football, the mentality seem to be "we will score more goals than you" and it will all make for some exciting games. It was an excellent game really.

Liverpool on the other hand have made this weekend a proof of their ability and a statement of intent. Win over Chelsea at Stamford bridge after the crazy summer transfer spendings were being considered something that will propel Chelsea to the top means a lot for the clubs, both of them! That and the signing over the weekend, what about those two signing! Thiago Alcantara was on the cards for some time now but what about Diogo Jota! What a signing that was, came out of no where and is an excellent signing as well. I hope @Taimoor Khan is a little happier now. :D You following this brother?

What a great signing, it is a perfect fit for Liverpool in my opinion. He will put some pressure on Firmino to deliver and will serve as an excellent back-up option! At 23 years of age and coming from Wolves, Jota wont mind spending some time on Liverpool bench AND with 16 Goals and 12 Assists over last two season, we know he can make an impact when on the pitch. The problem, again, with Liverpool is that we cannot go for players that will demand to come into first team straight away, i don't see which players we can replace from the currently squad and any big name players wont be willing to come to warm the bench.

IF Liverpool can sign a replacement for Lovren then to me this would be a great transfer window for Liverpool.

Arsenal also continued there good start and beat West Ham but with due respect to Arteta and his men, this is one team that usually starts brightly and then fades. I still see them as top 5 contender but not a team that will challange for the top spot.

United on the other hand were as miserable as predicted losing 1-3 to Crystal Palace at home.

Everton also looks like a team to keep an eye on this season. May challenge fro those top 5/6 spots.

@Musings LEEDS showing positive signs early in the season! They are playing explosive football, the mentality seem to be "we will score more goals than you" and it will all make for some exciting games. It was an excellent game really.

Liverpool on the other hand have made this weekend a proof of their ability and a statement of intent. Win over Chelsea at Stamford bridge after the crazy summer transfer spendings were being considered something that will propel Chelsea to the top means a lot for the clubs, both of them! That and the signing over the weekend, what about those two signing! Thiago Alcantara was on the cards for some time now but what about Diogo Jota! What a signing that was, came out of no where and is an excellent signing as well. I hope @Taimoor Khan is a little happier now. :D You following this brother?

What a great signing, it is a perfect fit for Liverpool in my opinion. He will put some pressure on Firmino to deliver and will serve as an excellent back-up option! At 23 years of age and coming from Wolves, Jota wont mind spending some time on Liverpool bench AND with 16 Goals and 12 Assists over last two season, we know he can make an impact when on the pitch. The problem, again, with Liverpool is that we cannot go for players that will demand to come into first team straight away, i don't see which players we can replace from the currently squad and any big name players wont be willing to come to warm the bench.

IF Liverpool can sign a replacement for Lovren then to me this would be a great transfer window for Liverpool.

Arsenal also continued there good start and beat West Ham but with due respect to Arteta and his men, this is one team that usually starts brightly and then fades. I still see them as top 5 contender but not a team that will challange for the top spot.

United on the other hand were as miserable as predicted losing 1-3 to Crystal Palace at home.

Everton also looks like a team to keep an eye on this season. May challenge fro those top 5/6 spots.
Agree with you about Leeds but we need to tighten the defence up. Liverpool showed us how inadequate Chelsea are - even with all the signings - the goalkeeper Chelsea have I think has played the last game I think - he was poor

Arsenal struggled against the hammers and were lucky enough to win. In the past they would lose such games. However stiff tests coming up in the next few weeks. Let's see how how well they cope with the money teams.

Arsenal struggled against the hammers and were lucky enough to win. In the past they would lose such games. However stiff tests coming up in the next few weeks. Let's see how how well they cope with the money teams.

Last year without doubt Arsenal would have come up with a way to lose this game. Arsenal youth and vibrancy will i think make them a tough proposition this year.

Boss luck as we saw in case of Liverpool last year can end up getting you 20+ points. Plus it is NEVER just luck but determination and attacking mentality of the team that produces results. The point is, i think Arsenal with a vibrant and youthful team is going a win a few more games they would have lost last year and that will be the key! That is what will enable them to challenge for top 5! Not the absolute TOP POSITION but top 5/6! Note that this will be a tough competition as well. A few years back we use to talk about big four, then it become big 6! Now it seems it will be TOP 8!

Liverpool
Manchester City

Arsenal
Chelsea
Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspurs
Leicester City

Everton
Wolves

These are the nine teams that are likely to be fighting for top 5/6 spots!

Indeed, I am happy man . Thaigo looks like a class act with his cameo against Chelsea.

But now suddenly we are looking thin at the back with both Jo and Matip injured. We cant go into season with this situation where we have to rely on Fabiniho to step in as cover CB.

Arsenal last year had the highest number of draws 14+ l think. That's 28 points lost. This year such games need to be converted to wins.
Boss luck as we saw in case of Liverpool last year can end up getting you 20+ points. Plus it is NEVER just luck but determination and attacking mentality of the team that produces results. The point is, i think Arsenal with a vibrant and youthful team is going a win a few more games they would have lost last year and that will be the key! That is what will enable them to challenge for top 5! Not the absolute TOP POSITION but top 5/6! Note that this will be a tough competition as well. A few years back we use to talk about big four, then it become big 6! Now it seems it will be TOP 8!

Liverpool
Manchester City

Arsenal
Chelsea
Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspurs
Leicester City

Everton
Wolves

Sheffield?

Liverpool
Manchester City

Arsenal
Chelsea
Manchester United
Tottenham Hotspurs
Leicester City

Everton
Wolves

I'm hoping that
Last year without doubt Arsenal would have come up with a way to lose this game. Arsenal youth and vibrancy will i think make them a tough proposition this year.

Sheffield?
Sir - Sheffield caught people out on their honeymoon season - this year people won’t give them the same treatment - they will be ready for them and I think they will struggle this season

Sheffield?
I dont think so! Last season they kind of caught teams off guard! Wont be the same this time around. That said, EPL have a tendency to throw in a surprise package EVERY season. It may be Leeds this time around, lets see!

BTW, Liverpool vs Arsenal coming up this weekend! :D

Back
Top Bottom