What's new

Energy Marriage - Saudi Arabia and India

Nothing medieval about that. These values were practiced in the west as recently as the 1950s. Are still in practice in India and Pakistan

In India our women can drive trains let alone cars and we dont segregate in work places, women can wear what they want unlike in Saudi where they must be covered up in public.

this is funny, because if you are chinese the first thing you would know, when the US was going to bankrupt the first one rushed to bailout the US was?? guess who??.....China ;)
you are supporting the Dollar and you are buying bonds, China can't live with out the US, uncle the sam is the boss in the far east with out a doubt.

so don't make claims about Saudi Arabia while your country, is the largest holders of USD bonds in the world!

You are right.

We want to get rid of our US dollars, but we can't. There are very few viable alternatives, and the Euro is even less stable than the dollar.

Personally I want the Chinese Government to use our currency reserves to buy up assets from around the world, more than we are doing now. However, they want "highly liquid" assets like Government bonds... and for that we are stuck with the Dollar, the Euro, and the Yen. All of which are not desirable right now.

Women cannot work as judges or prosecutors

government has not yet set a minimum legal age for marriage, but in June issued new marriage contracts noting the bride's age. In January, a divorced father married off his 12-year-old daughter for 80,000 riyals (ca. US$21,300) because his ex-wife had gained custody, Al-Riyadh newspaper reported.

These arabs think its still medieval times :disagree:

You are right.

We want to get rid of our US dollars, but we can't. There are very few viable alternatives, and the Euro is even less stable than the dollar.

Personally I want the Chinese Government to use our currency reserves to buy up assets from around the world, more than we are doing now. However, they want "highly liquid" assets like Government bonds... and for that we are stuck with the Dollar, the Euro, and the Yen. All of which are not desirable right now.

sooner or later the Dollar as a super currency will diminish, it is matter of time, but for now it is still too early.

women can wear what they want unlike in Saudi where they must be covered up in public.

Driving issue aside believe it or not many woman prefer it that way. Now don't give me link to some western sponsored highly biased article

Driving issue aside believe it or not many woman prefer it that way. Now don't give me link to some western sponsored highly biased article

human rights watch?

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

By law, all Saudi citizens who are infected with HIV or AIDS are entitled to free medical care, protection of their privacy and employment opportunities. However, most hospitals will not treat patients who are infected, and many schools and hospitals are reluctant to distribute government information about the disease because of the strong taboos and stigma that are attached to how the virus can be spread

In this land even HIV people are not treated

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Saudi Arabia Human Rights | Amnesty International USA

sooner or later the Dollar as a super currency will diminish, it is matter of time, but for now it is still too early.

Yes, it should take around 10-20 years. :tup: What we want, is to have a "basket of currencies" rather than just the US dollar as the international currency.

That will be a good day indeed, but I think a lot of patience is needed before it happens. :)

government has not yet set a minimum legal age for marriage,

In countrys where there is a legal age does it work. I can tell you stories of girls getting pregnant at 12 in west. This is actually encouraged by the western govs. Single mothers get benefits married woman don't

These arabs think its still medieval times :disagree:

The medieval ages were the medieval for the west. For Muslims it was the Golden age

In countrys where there is a legal age does it work. I can tell you stories of girls getting pregnant at 12 in west. This actually encouraged by the western govs since single mothers get benefits married woman don't

The medieval ages were the medieval for the west. For Muslims it was the Golden age

Having a law that says you can't marry a minor is standard in most countries but I know the Saudis like them young and fresh. Just wait for the oil to run out you know what arabs did before oil? they were looking for pearls in the sea bed

Having a law that says you can't marry a minor is standard in most countries but I know the Saudis like them young and fresh.

Unfortunately examples of people with such tastes can be found around the world. The common denominator here is money not being ARAB

Just wait for the oil to run out you know what arabs did before oil?

That can be predicted about any country when the money, financial system and law & order breaks down. London riots are a fresh example

Why are we discussing the social issues of Arab? Saudis are here to do business, not to teach social science in indian schools.

They should be welcomed.

Why are we discussing the social issues of Arab? Saudis are here to do business, not to teach social science in indian schools.

They should be welcomed.

What about the treatment of Indian workers in Saudi? after all they are Indian should we not care for them?

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Our relationship is about business which i accept but i have seen graphic videos on how Indians live in dire conditions often treated as slaves who can't even return back to India they are trapped there im not saying it is all the fault of the Saudis we too must take blame for it

What about the treatment of Indian workers in Saudi? after all they are Indian should we not care for them?

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

Our relationship is about business which i accept but i have seen graphic videos on how Indians live in dire conditions often treated as slaves who can't even return back to India they are trapped there im not saying it is all the fault of the Saudis we too must take blame for it

Their country, their laws, all we can do is to make sure Indian consulate in Saudi Arab takes care of any mistreatment meted out to Indian workers there, and I guess Indian consulate is exactly doing their job.

However I should be careful that their laws are not being replicated in my country which is culturally polls apart.

I hope with gradual development of India, people needn't move to Middle East to make their ends meet.

Business is business as they say so we will continue with our energy relationship but i do not like the Saudi regime and I hope it will fall in 2012 and the Saudi people start a new chapter for their country.

people are beheaded or whipped it is like living in the 1600's God know what will happen when oil runs out.

If they behead people it is as per the law of the country they are staying in and not something illegal. Don't get into the bad things and you will be safe.

If anyone has any problem with living as per the law of a country the world is big enough for him.

Saudi arabia lives in the dark ages where women cant drive cars

Nothing else to say except the rights of women to drive in KSA. It is just a matter of time before this issue will be solved, but seems like the whole world is in more hurry to see the Saudi females drive than the Saudi females themselves.

Saudi females want to get their right to drive when the time is appropriate and not as per when the world wants as in the end it is they who will be driving on the roads of their country and they know best the society of KSA.

In India we have muslim women train drivers

So what?

and in the land of the holy places they treat women like their own slaves.

Really? i want to agree but how come:

UNESCO and Saudi government figures show that women make up 58% of the total student population at universities. (this figure is form 2008 and you can imagine the case now)

Because government has much paid attention to girls' education, the number of girls' schools increased faster than boys' schools. According to the World Bank, gross enrollment rate for female is 36.1 percent, gross enrollment rate for male is 24.7 percent, and gross enrollment rate for total was 30.2 percent in 2006. There are thousands of female professors throughout Saudi Arabia, which reflect the high general level of female education in the country

All these statistics are old and now we are in 2012 and the % has definitely increased towards the +ve and not towards the -ve.

Back
Top Bottom